1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 11-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
Are you a coder? Do you have proof it's an ATI driver issue and not a 1c issue? If so, then share it. If not, then you're just flexing your moderator muscle to win an online argument.
So if Nvidia users don't suffer the problem, its the CoD code then causing ATI software to run at slow speeds because of an Windows Media Audio/Video file (.wmv) is what you are saying ??

Who's arguing I'm just pointing out to a reported abusive post from a member, that calling the devs retards is retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
ATI probably doesn't feel that CoD is big enough to warrant their attention. You'd think with as huge of a staff as they've got, someone could spend 20 minutes to fix it.
Correct, they're not as forthcoming in the development as Nvidia were/are.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 11-26-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Approved Member

I am pretty sure that soon ,once the 1c devs have their new graffics engine up and running and tested as stable ,that BOTH Ati & Nvidia support will be happy to do some work on profiles for the game.
To do so before would be a waste of time and effort .
Problems were encountered With Rise of Flight & Ati support worked with Jason of the 777 team to deliver a profile that is now included in the AMD Cap files .

Last edited by 6BL Bird-Dog; 11-26-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:25 PM

The logo is a .wmv (windows movie file) and is probably passed of to the Windows Media player (see the .Net class library namespace System.Windows.MediaPlayer) thus not directly coded by the developer. If you double click that file it will open in the Windows Media Player which probably uses the same .Net class library. At least, that's the way I would do it. Writing code to play a movie would be pretty complicated and stupid when it is already available.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:31 PM

S!

Talked to a AMD tester about CoD and his answer was pretty blunt: Until CoD graphics code is ready why even make a driver for it. So go figure. nVidia has it's problems with CoD as well, not pure bliss there either. I wish that both NV and AMD would do proper drivers for CoD when it reaches good enough state. RoF works now on both brands and the dev team has been active on that too. So we have hope
Old 11-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
S!

Talked to a AMD tester about CoD and his answer was pretty blunt: Until CoD graphics code is ready why even make a driver for it. So go figure. nVidia has it's problems with CoD as well, not pure bliss there either. I wish that both NV ae yet nd AMD would do proper drivers for CoD when it reaches good enough state. RoF works now on both brands and the dev team has been active on that too. So we have hope
I've not seen one.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:45 AM

Default What is the file name of the intro movie???

What is the file name of the intro movie???
Old 12-09-2011, 05:53 AM

S!

logo.vmw Alpha, seen nVidia "in action" with CoD and does have same stuff happening as AMD rigs Anyways..when Luthier's team gets the GFX engine to a state where it works "as intended" then we might see better driver support from green/red team. And mind you..CoD is the ONLY game I have graphical issues with so calling AMD worse in driver support is just not warranted.

Last edited by Flanker35M; 12-09-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
Are you a coder? Do you have proof it's an ATI driver issue and not a 1c issue? If so, then share it. If not, then you're just flexing your moderator muscle to win an online argument.
Fault is in how ATI detects 2D/3D applications, and how it chooses power saving/performance modes. ATI uses low performance mode for intro movie (correct behavior), but it does not switch to higher once in a GUI/3D world (incorrect behavior). If you remove intro movie, game skips its playback, and ATI does not enter that low performance mode at start of the game.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Approved Member

I'm sorry but i can't find ths file anywhere.....
Could someone give me some pointers please.

And i delete when i find it, and again whenever there is an update?

Many thanks,
Steve.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:43 AM

S!

Steve, check in X:\Program files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 CoD\parts\core\GUI\ Delete or rename LOGO.VMW and good to go.