1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 01-25-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
S!

Have not noticed any stripes so far and also the strange anomaly at the edge of draw distance with better textures is smoother. Clearly visible now over France but less so over England.

As of overclocking..even the 2500K does it nicely I am not very keen overclocker anymore. Too much fiddling around. Sure maybe a few MHz could help, but I want to OC only the CPU in that case as 1600MHz DDR3 should be fast enough.

As of testing other games...World of Tanks ran great. GTA IV had a strange anomaly, it let me play only in 800x600 because I was at "edge of running out of resources"..WTF?! 200mb of 3Gb used and game says no resources?! Now how I can reset the game settings to get it to work again..

Anyways..back to testing. Last night took a quick swing at a Repka dogfight server. Ran smoothly without stuttering, so very nice

Hello Flanker, do you think you could test something for me? My frame rates are roughly those of yours. When I am landing, and press for the 3rd person view of my plane, as it touches down, and the dust starts, my frames drop under 10 FPS. Can you tell me what your FPS are with your card with this scenario? Thank you!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:38 AM

S!

Will do Reporting back in a moment.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:47 AM

S!

FPS dropped from 60fps to 40fps at worst dusting while landing. So not a big hit compared to 6970HD where it went very low. Still the particles, smoke etc. could use an optimization

Ataros, my bet is on the drivers as the card is so new. A few driver revisions might give us a nice boost etc. But checking those links you put up
Old 01-25-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
S!

FPS dropped from 60fps to 40fps at worst dusting while landing. So not a big hit compared to 6970HD where it went very low. Still the particles, smoke etc. could use an optimization

Ataros, my bet is on the drivers as the card is so new. A few driver revisions might give us a nice boost etc. But checking those links you put up

Thanks Flanker, that is pretty amazing. Were you inside the cockpit when you noticed the frame drop from 60-40, or were you on the f6 or f8 3rd person chase scene when the dust kicked up? If so, I cant understand why the geforce 580 with 3 gigs would take such a huge hit, my cpu runs at 3.4 and its the fastest AMD multicore out there. I may have missed it, but what screen resolution are you running?
Thanks again for your help!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:08 AM

S!

I was in F2 view looking back at the dust. Running 1920x1080 resolution. Just feels strange that only game with problems is IL-2, rest run without a glitch now. Well, I remain confident about the performance patch Luthier & Co are working on
Old 01-25-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
also the strange anomaly at the edge of draw distance with better textures is smoother. Clearly visible now over France but less so over England.
Could you please make a screenshot when you see it next time over France? BTW make sure Anisotropic Filtering is set to Application Controlled in drivers. Otherwise this could be the reason.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:39 PM

S!

Allright, will get you the screenie I use Application Controlled in CCC as most games work better with their own settings than via forcing them. Less tinker, less hassle most of the time.

EDIT: Here is the pic..you see the yellowish is the low rez and other is the normal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Texture border.jpg (417.7 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by Flanker35M; 01-25-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:00 PM

S!

Here more easy to compare. In Textures-picture you see the French coast where high resolution meets the low resolution aka view range. In the GB Textures you see the transition is less pronounced, look at 1oc, the lower resolution is lighter green but blends better. I hope this clears it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Textures.jpg (235.9 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg GB Textures.jpg (314.5 KB, 80 views)
Old 01-25-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
EDIT: Here is the pic..you see the yellowish is the low rez and other is the normal.
Yes, I can see, thank you. Does the normal green-textured area make a square field around the player if viewed from a higher altitude?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:05 PM

S!

Yes, the "view range" of high resolution is a big square around you. It could be bypassed maybe with a bit heavier fog/haze as you do not spot a plane over coast of France from Dover anyway, at least in the game.