1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 05-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Terrain - new maps are BADLY needed.

Hi everyone,
I would like to say that one thing that CoD badly needs is a decent set of dogfighting maps.

Ones that are included in the release look very much like a schoolboy's work. I propose "cutting out" Boulogne-Calais region for a "good" map, maybe providing some part of Kent with a couple of landing strips.

I think adding http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sedan_(1940) area would make some sense as well (with appropriate number of improvised airstrips at a distance of 20-30 km, of course).

Let me remind what makes a good dogfighting map (IMHO )

- a few small cities, with roads and railways connecting them
- some deep rivers/ports/not too steep mountains/other features, like the sea shore.
- the network of landing strips 20-30 km apart, and these strips should be mostly simple enough so that you DO NOT NEED to steer a long way to the runway after "birth"

Good luck. Hope the CoD team will read this.

Last edited by =FPS=Salsero; 05-04-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:56 PM
BigPickle

+1 yeah excellent idea, maybe they can host a missions competition and the best ones could form a Battle Of Sedan campaign too