1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 05-26-2013, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Okay, let me work on fixing this problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar View Post
Afraid I'll have to confirm the "you can't say no" bug for both Diana and Orcelyn. In the part of the dialogue where you would normally say yes or no, the first option will always act like you said yes normally, with the kiss your wife dialogue at the end and making your wife expect a child in ten turns.

The second option closes the dialogue but makes her expect it in FIVE turns O_O

Express pregnancy.
Wow, okay I'll have to fix this - thanks for reporting it!

***EDIT***

Hmmm... I can't repeat this problem - are you using V2013-05-18?

Dialogue for Orcelyn goes like this:

Quote:
You're such a handsome man! What would like to discuss?

1. Have you ever thought about being a mother?
2. I'm sorry but I think it is time for us to split up.
3. Oh, nothing... nevermind...
Select choice 3 - exit, look at Orcelyn and it shows that she's not having any kids after x victories.

Select choice 1:

Quote:
Yes, but I never thought that it would come so soon! I admit, I'm a bit scared, but I trust you my love.

1. Don't worry, I think you'll make a great mother!
2. You know, I'm a bit scared as well - let's wait...
Select choice 2: exit conversation look at Orcelyn's picture and it shows that she's not having any kids after x victories.

Select choice 1:

Quote:
Okay, now what do we do again?

1. Oh don't worry, it starts like this... (Kiss your wife.)
You have to select choice 1 at this point and then the message box now says to await miracle. If you check Orcelyn's picture it shows that she'll have a kid after 10 victories.

So this is how it is supposed to work. Does it have a child anyway if you select the no option above and just not show it on Orcelyn's picture info? I haven't checked that out...

I tried the same thing with Diana and I don't see any problems there, either.

Hmmm... not sure what the problem is here, but it seems to work okay as far as I can tell. The only thing I can suggest is to ensure that you have the latest version...

***END EDIT***

Quote:
I suppose I could just try reloading until she gets a child I like. (Does that even work? I'd assume what kind of child you'll get first is set in stone, like how reloading and using spider eggs will always give you the same spiders).

Also, talking to her before the battle doesn't seem to reset anything. Nice try, though.
Children are set in stone from game start. So you can't change who you're going to get (well unless you just don't marry that wife). So that is the random part of it, otherwise, everyone would just reload until they got the best kids.

Matt

/C\/C\

Last edited by MattCaspermeyer; 05-26-2013 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Can't Repeat the Problem You're Having...
Old 05-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

I double checked. I do have that version.

Thanks for working so hard. I think there was a misunderstanding about when the bug happens. It doesn't happen when you talk to either of them manually to have a baby. It occurs during the event after a battle where they ask if you want to have one (without you initiating the conversation).

Reason I started talking about talking to her manually was because Sir Whiskers suggested that might reset the count before she asks me for a baby again. Doesn't work, unfortunately.

I imagine that makes it a little harder to reproduce.

Cheers and thank you.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Approved Member

@Nevar

If you want to test this mod, and see all it have to offer (and dont mind little cheating) check my posts 223 and 225 in this tread. It`s about getting kids you want for specific wife.

As for regular play, NO cheating at all, every kid is already decided on start of game for each wife, same as items/units in shops, enemy units wandering around etc, with every new game all this is determined before you go out of training area. So if you marry some wife, game already knows your kids, only wait for you to kiss her and 10 battles later there it is, your little bundle of joy
Old 05-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation Oh - let me look into this then...

Quote:
I double checked. I do have that version.

Thanks for working so hard. I think there was a misunderstanding about when the bug happens. It doesn't happen when you talk to either of them manually to have a baby. It occurs during the event after a battle where they ask if you want to have one (without you initiating the conversation).

Reason I started talking about talking to her manually was because Sir Whiskers suggested that might reset the count before she asks me for a baby again. Doesn't work, unfortunately.

I imagine that makes it a little harder to reproduce.

Cheers and thank you.
Oh - okay, so it is the conversation that they start. I have not checked this so I'll look into it - thanks!

***EDIT***

Okay, I found the problem! Thanks a million for pointing this out! I'll provide an update shortly...

***END EDIT***

Matt

/C\/C\

Last edited by MattCaspermeyer; 05-26-2013 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Found the problem!
Old 05-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

That's great news. I look forward to it. Do you think I would have to start a new game for the fix you're making to take effect?

Thanks again.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

Talking No Restart Required!

Quote:
That's great news. I look forward to it. Do you think I would have to start a new game for the fix you're making to take effect?

Thanks again.
Nope - no restart required!

As it turns out, it was just misreporting having a child as my baby hint didn't account for this possibility properly. So if you played those 5 battles, it would say "expecting baby in 0 victories" and then if you continued, -1, etc. never giving you a child until you spoke with her about it and picked the correct choices.

The *.CHAT files for the most part had the proper logic, but I didn't have the correct snap labels in the *.LNG file as you saw the chat_system_... label placeholders.

Thanks again for pointing this out so I could fix it as I thought I had coded this properly, but never tested it until now.

Matt

/C\/C\
Old 05-30-2013, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

Excellent

Ah. I see. It did occur to me that it was possible nothing would happen after five matches, but I didn't really want to try doing 6 (I saved before the fight that would trigger it) fights in a row.

Thanks again.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Approved Member

Hello Matt!
I didn't had much time to play in the last two weeks, but I have some feedback now.
In general I cleared the pirate lands and the dwarven lands including the subterrains and Mechgard. The game is interesting ,but the challenge is definately not like impossible. The pirates were like normal and the dwarves felt like hard at best, so maybe some meat% increasing should be done or creature stats changed if possible.
The hero vs hero fights are really interesting,very good job . I liked Duke Sov fight very much, he was a real pain in the ass.
When James is killed you can go to the dwarven lands. So going in the upper and lower Haddar is good,but then when you get to Taron mines ,you can without any problem bypass the creatures and access the Dwarven King's palace and then his sons palace and that is too much. You get many things too easily. So this is solved in the GM-mod, by making one immobile guard in Taron mines,so you can't get past it without fighting and I like it a lot.
In the standard version of the game it is also possible to continue even further - descend from Taron mines to the zone where the Demon world entrance is and enter bypassing the guards. And in the demon world there are so many precious things and experience that it must be not so easily done also. So the decision is another immobile guard in front of the entrance.
Another thing is the Gremlin castle that you buy from the dwarven king. Entering there gives you access to at least 2 black dragon eggs,which are easy to get again bypassing the guards. And again there should be immobile guards to the eggs, otherwise getting 2 black dragons so early means devastation of everything.
Next point : my favorite theme - the Spirits . Zerock seems to be ok so far,not overpowered and usable,the same goes for Slime. But then comes Lina. The Ice thorns are nicely changed, I like them so far, the ice ball seems to be ok, but I didn't developed it much so I cant really say. But the Chargers are seriously overpowered. Being able to cast them every turn replenishes everything way too easy even with the mage and I suppose with fighters is easier. They should be nerfed a lot. At least a bigger rest and lower their number.
Scroll prices - I think they are too high , I've got too much money selling them,that means I can loose much army and replenish it easily. At least in impossible you should make them 3-4 times cheaper.
Trade skill is useless - you spend so much runes to get it to lvl3 and you can never sell so many things so that you can buy your runes back. So with so high scroll prices I just leave it to lvl1 ,keep my runes and still get much money from selling scrolls to be able to buy army and some runes.
Meditation skill is also not comparable to the other skills so it just stays to lvl1 ,maybe it must give something more to give some incentive to the player to spend the runes on it.
You have increased the mana needed to cast many spells and also increased the mana that the hero acquires by leveling and skills. I think it's well balanced with one exception. You left the artifacts that give mana the same and that makes them useless. For example there is a picture artifact that gives 20 mana and that was a major artifact in the original game, now I don't even consider using it, it makes almost no difference and it's not competitive with the other arts. It should give at least 40-50 mana to be competitive. And the other mana-arts should be increased respectivly.
The spell sheep is too powerful because of it's duration , I think it should be with at least -1 base turn duration. Now when I cast it I don't think for that creature too long, that's too easy.
Spell Fireball is a bit weak, in the center it does less damage then the flaming arrow and in general it is not so usable, it should do 20% more compared to flaming arrow ,it is quite expensive ,so more damage is required.The same goes for Fire Rain, it is also a bit weak.
Unit Canonner - there is no logic that it has no melee penalty.
The hero Big Pato - he is supposed to be a super dumb warrior and you gave him the ability to cast spells. He was very challenging before anyway. So maybe you should remove the spells and make his creatures harder or whatever you think fits,but no spells

Now some bugs I encountered :
-Another 2 heroes that dont appear in battle : Zombie Noric and Thorny Dog
-Red Beard tries to cast something,maybe it's phantom ,but it just gives a writing on the screen and nothing happens.
-Drammina has the shroud bug . I removed shroud from her spells and left her with the other two. One of them was the ghost blade I think, but it was strange that she didn't cast anything for the first 2 turns of the fight.
-The Archmage's Telekinesis is not working correctly or maybe you changed it somehow. Sometimes it works and sometimes not, I couldn't figure it out.
-The Royal Thorn's Entangle skill works on ghosts ,no logic in that.
-You added a decription to the Giants that says they can't be frozen, but the Lina's Ice thorns did freeze them.
-I cast 2 flaming arrows on the first turn and set on fire two creatures. When their turn comes ,the first one burns and playies and then the second one doesnt burn. It burns on the next turn with full burn damage if there is no creature that burns before it. That applies to poisoning also or any combination between them, just the first creature takes damage.

I like the changed mechanics for burning and poisoning that the creatures take half the damage and so on
This is what I can say so far.

Now about the mod you work on for Armored Princess. I have a proposal.
Armored Princess has so many mods already. So many creatures,so many changes, it is flooded. So my point is that you can do a mod for Warrior of the north,instead of giving your time and efforts on the Princess. It has a good potential and desperately requires a mod to make it more challenging and balance many things.The way it is in the moment makes it absolutely boring to be played for a second time and so on. Please consider it . If you do, I can give some feedback. And I don't understand modding so well, in case you ask "why don't I do this myself"
Old 06-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Approved Member

Hello jorko80

Glad you stayed with this mod. As i said before enemy heroes fights are great part of this mod.

1) As for getting from Lucky James to dwarf king is how game is supposed to go, but after that is your choice what to do. Fight to free dwarf prince is hard to do below 10lvl hero, without losing 50% of army. And about kiting demon lands, it`s always players choice to do or not to do. But main game quests are locked with hard battles Free dwarf prince obligatory to continue, to gain access to Elven lands (Sonya, marauder hero in underground, wizard hero in entrance to valley of 1000 rivers), then clear undead lands (evil book hero, Mysticus(horrible), and couple others) then Karador battle (which is horrible in this mod) obligatory, after clear demons Baal battle (also big pain in ass) obligatory, and then it`s labyrinth 7 Haas battles and orc lands 3 hero fights there (main orc hero and lore keeper were tough). And ofc last battle vs army of 5th lvl creatures and high lvl hero. You can decide to go linearly and maintain story plot, but kiting is and always were players choice.
Comparing to Ap/Cw where you could kite with hero 1st lvl to Reha and get up to 17-20 lvl before first battle (if not counting training area) , the Legend is much better kite protected. because here are some battles thet you MUST do before going further.

2) Gremlin castle making it so you have to fight first before entering is good idea and i like it, which would make ppl wait before buying it. Because game is set so difficulty of item battles is determined on hero lvl in moment you buy/get item. This i figured out by accident when got 2 same items and suppressing them gave me different battle and different exp. So higher hero lvl = tougher item battle = more exp. So why buy gremlin castle as soon as you get to dwarf king, if you can w8 and get it 10lvl later and get bunch more exp for it, instead those 2 dragon eggs and some gold if you get it soon and kite around it.

3) spirits are better then in original game settings, i like them. But as you said some changes are due. I set some things weaker then in Mat`s settings and it`s not difficult, but if you`re not sure what you`re doing better ask for advice then make problem with game files. Making Lina chargers is fast and i could help you , or Mat could give you advice how to do it.

4) Trade skills/scroll prices etc ... Gold never was big problem in this game, and to me and i`m sure many other lvling trade is only because we want skills after it. But that particular skill really have low potential, and nothing better to do with it, so bear with it and lvlup other skills more useful.

5) items losing usefulness comparing to original game. I think this was main idea. Making you have kids with wife, instead telling her you should wait with family plans, and keep her as simple mule to lug items around. You can carry what ever you want in inventory, but leave your wife to rise children, and keep her busy And randomness with kids is great thing, you can get great pick, or you can have shi.y luck and get battle oriented kids with mage hero or opposite spell kids with warrior/paladin On this topic, what wife/kids you running in your build ?

6) spells, as you mentioned pure spell dmg is not main effect but burning/poisoning effects, and more attention is toward buff/debuff spells because here high intellect bonuses work as was described in original game but never implemented (blind,sheep,haste... all those spells work longer for high int bonus).

7) as for bugs
- Noric and Thorny werent there in original game either
- Red beard , Dramina it`s spells bug i`m sure it`s fixable
- had no problem with telekinesis so far
- since ghosts are ,<4 lvl units entangle works on them, but i`m guessing you mean they are incorporal units and entangle shouldn`t be able to capture basically air, but it`s hard to make just one unit unentangleable (?) , same as it`s impossible to make one unit unable to be frozen (giants) but possible to shock (lightning) or some other post hit effect.
- also hadn`t problem with more then 1 burn/poison effect per turn. Lets wait for Mats idea on this.

In end, Ap/Cw mod is under develpoment for a long time, and i know lots of work is done on it to simply skip it and go to WotN. As WotN is still buggy and with problems/crashes and Ap/Cw is fully functional i vote for working mod for Ap then hasty mod for WotN. Imagine working this mod, with parts of Red sands, so your/enemy units have bonuses from tomes,heroes,and based on game difficulty and more form unit personal experience (as they lvlup depending on location in game). I agree there are lots of mods already for Ap/Cw but that`s because that release was done with more attention then latest WotN and had less bugs/problems to fix.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Superb comments!

Okay, I've inlined both @jorko80's and @Fatt_Shade's comments where appropriate and responded accordingly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Hello jorko80

Glad you stayed with this mod. As i said before enemy heroes fights are great part of this mod.
That makes two of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorko80 View Post
Hello Matt!
I didn't had much time to play in the last two weeks, but I have some feedback now.
In general I cleared the pirate lands and the dwarven lands including the subterrains and Mechgard. The game is interesting ,but the challenge is definately not like impossible. The pirates were like normal and the dwarves felt like hard at best, so maybe some meat% increasing should be done or creature stats changed if possible.
I have some ideas to make the normal battles tougher, but I was saving them for AP / CW and then possibly roll them back into TL.

You know, when I play TL now, I do as much as possible without even fighting, I think the last game I played I got up to level 5 or 6 before I even fought my first fight.

There are quite a few quests that you can do before you go to the Western Islands without fighting - it sounds like you are also using this strategy.

When I first did my TL mod development, I was not nearly as good as I am now. Also, I didn't know how to edit the *.LOC files, etc.

Now that I've gained all this experience with not only modding and playing TL, I've got some even better ideas for making it harder.

So we'll see how it goes as I continue to work on AP / CW and eventually roll what I learn there back into TL...

Quote:
The hero vs hero fights are really interesting,very good job . I liked Duke Sov fight very much, he was a real pain in the ass.
Thanks! This part of the mod works really well and you'll find that it is continuously challenging throughout the game.

The problem with the normal battles is that you simply have a huge advantage against them as they have no spell caster to help them.

Quote:
When James is killed you can go to the dwarven lands. So going in the upper and lower Haddar is good,but then when you get to Taron mines ,you can without any problem bypass the creatures and access the Dwarven King's palace and then his sons palace and that is too much. You get many things too easily. So this is solved in the GM-mod, by making one immobile guard in Taron mines,so you can't get past it without fighting and I like it a lot.
I did not change this part of the game so everything is as it is.

Quote:
In the standard version of the game it is also possible to continue even further - descend from Taron mines to the zone where the Demon world entrance is and enter bypassing the guards. And in the demon world there are so many precious things and experience that it must be not so easily done also. So the decision is another immobile guard in front of the entrance.
I do not currently know how to implement the immobile guards, but this sounds like a good idea. Although I think I'm a bit spoiled as I really enjoy running around everyone to get the goodies (plus it gives me a chance to get Gerda), but you are right about putting garrisons to make the game more challenging.

I'll have to learn how to affect the creatures movement paths as I have no idea on how to do this.

Quote:
Another thing is the Gremlin castle that you buy from the dwarven king. Entering there gives you access to at least 2 black dragon eggs,which are easy to get again bypassing the guards. And again there should be immobile guards to the eggs, otherwise getting 2 black dragons so early means devastation of everything.
Wow, you know all the shortcut strategies. Immobile guards sounds like a good idea - looks like I've got more to learn!

Quote:
2) Gremlin castle making it so you have to fight first before entering is good idea and i like it, which would make ppl wait before buying it. Because game is set so difficulty of item battles is determined on hero lvl in moment you buy/get item. This i figured out by accident when got 2 same items and suppressing them gave me different battle and different exp. So higher hero lvl = tougher item battle = more exp. So why buy gremlin castle as soon as you get to dwarf king, if you can w8 and get it 10lvl later and get bunch more exp for it, instead those 2 dragon eggs and some gold if you get it soon and kite around it.
This is a really neat idea! I wonder how to do it, though...

Quote:
Next point : my favorite theme - the Spirits . Zerock seems to be ok so far,not overpowered and usable,the same goes for Slime. But then comes Lina. The Ice thorns are nicely changed, I like them so far, the ice ball seems to be ok, but I didn't developed it much so I cant really say. But the Chargers are seriously overpowered. Being able to cast them every turn replenishes everything way too easy even with the mage and I suppose with fighters is easier. They should be nerfed a lot. At least a bigger rest and lower their number.
Your Charger mileage will probably start to decrease when it becomes more important to do damage than replenish mana / rage. Also, you don't get much experience for Lina if you use them a lot, so I think you'll find that the Chargers strategy will put you at a disadvantage later, with a lower level Lina (which you'll need for her to get some levels otherwise you'll be in big trouble later).

So think of them as candy - they taste really good now, but later you'll be regretting that you ate so much!

Quote:
3) spirits are better then in original game settings, i like them. But as you said some changes are due. I set some things weaker then in Mat`s settings and it`s not difficult, but if you`re not sure what you`re doing better ask for advice then make problem with game files. Making Lina chargers is fast and i could help you , or Mat could give you advice how to do it.
I think all the Spirit abilities now have a place in the game, but you'll find that sooner or later ones that you thought were really awesome are now not doing it for you and you'll move on to other ones.

But if you really want to change values, then they are in:
  • ZEROCK.ATOM
  • SLIME.ATOM
  • LINA.ATOM
  • DEATH.ATOM

Quote:
Scroll prices - I think they are too high , I've got too much money selling them,that means I can loose much army and replenish it easily. At least in impossible you should make them 3-4 times cheaper.
Trade skill is useless - you spend so much runes to get it to lvl3 and you can never sell so many things so that you can buy your runes back. So with so high scroll prices I just leave it to lvl1 ,keep my runes and still get much money from selling scrolls to be able to buy army and some runes.
All the scroll prices I computed via formula, They are based on how much the spell increases per level and stuff like that. You probably haven't spent any money on Tibold's Runes, yet, and so you're rolling in the dough. But you'll find that you won't get enough runes to get all the skills you'd like and then you'll be wanting more income and wish you hadn't sold them before you got your trade skill up.

I'm always out of money at the end of the game, because I'm buying crystals and runes. So we'll have to wait and see if you have excess runes at the end of your game.

I did have quite a few extra Mind Runes at the end of my last Paladin game, but this was the first time that ever happened with my mod so I slightly tweaked the Paladin Rune level up. Made me wish I had implemented the AP / CW Rune Exchange system since I wanted another level in Dark Commander since I was running with Demons and didn't have enough Might Runes, but plenty of Mind Runes. I think I might know how to do this and was planning on implementing it some time in the future...

So keep playing and we'll see how you're doing when you want some more Runes...

If you're playing no loss, you really only need a very small amount of money to buy enough troops if you stick with them throughout the game.

I like to trade wives and switch armies a lot so I end up spending a lot more money on troops than normal to take advantage of the wife / kid bonuses...

Quote:
4) Trade skills/scroll prices etc ... Gold never was big problem in this game, and to me and i`m sure many other lvling trade is only because we want skills after it. But that particular skill really have low potential, and nothing better to do with it, so bear with it and lvlup other skills more useful.
This part of the game, I really didn't affect directly. I think the original TL you can get gobs of money, too, but can spend it on Runes really quickly as I mention above...

Quote:
Meditation skill is also not comparable to the other skills so it just stays to lvl1 ,maybe it must give something more to give some incentive to the player to spend the runes on it.
Yah, meditation is a toughie to make useful, but the Runes aren't really that much, although I can see not putting much into it until you start using a lot of level 3 spells and find that you're low on mana a lot.

Quote:
You have increased the mana needed to cast many spells and also increased the mana that the hero acquires by leveling and skills. I think it's well balanced with one exception. You left the artifacts that give mana the same and that makes them useless. For example there is a picture artifact that gives 20 mana and that was a major artifact in the original game, now I don't even consider using it, it makes almost no difference and it's not competitive with the other arts. It should give at least 40-50 mana to be competitive. And the other mana-arts should be increased respectivly.
Yah, well you can see that I left all the original items alone. You can actually get that artifact without fighting a single battle at the beginning of the game, so it is still useful early. You just out grow it quickly if you're a mage. It is still useful to Warrior and perhaps Paladin...

Quote:
5) items losing usefulness comparing to original game. I think this was main idea. Making you have kids with wife, instead telling her you should wait with family plans, and keep her as simple mule to lug items around. You can carry what ever you want in inventory, but leave your wife to rise children, and keep her busy And randomness with kids is great thing, you can get great pick, or you can have shi.y luck and get battle oriented kids with mage hero or opposite spell kids with warrior/paladin On this topic, what wife/kids you running in your build ?
Right! Now you want to have children so you can get better items for your mage...

I'll second the wife / kids question!

Quote:
The spell sheep is too powerful because of it's duration , I think it should be with at least -1 base turn duration. Now when I cast it I don't think for that creature too long, that's too easy.
Well, you'll be cursing it when it's used on you and it lasts that long! Plus, you probably haven't noticed, but a unit's resistance affects spell duration. Cast spells on troops with magic resistance and the spell duration increases if it is a bonus spell or decreases if it is a penalty. Fire resistance affects the duration of burn, etc.

Quote:
Spell Fireball is a bit weak, in the center it does less damage then the flaming arrow and in general it is not so usable, it should do 20% more compared to flaming arrow ,it is quite expensive ,so more damage is required.The same goes for Fire Rain, it is also a bit weak.
This is by design. Think about it, why would you use Flame Arrow if it does less damage than Fireball / Fire Rain to one target? Mana may be one reason, but usually this relegates use of the spell to the end of the combat when you are more trying to surgically weaken enemies for recovery.

The purpose of single damage spells / rage abilities is that they will do the most damage to a single target, this round. The multi-target damage spells like Fireball / Fire Rain are meant to do more aggregate damage to targets, possibly for this round (depends on the number of units you can target), but should provide more damage in the long run.

Also consider Fireball / Fire Rain - how should these spells be different? You'll note that Fireball damages the central target more than Fire Rain, but the periphery less. So you can see that Fireball is sort of a mixture of Fire Arrow and Fire Rain in a way.

Also you'll note that all the demon male enemy heroes use Fireball and demon females use Fire Rain!

So there is a lot more strategy to spell choice now as you have to consider whether you want to do more damage to a single target or spread it out and whether you want to maximize damage on this round or over many rounds.

Also, there is Greasy Mist that you can use as well to drop their resistance in hopes of doing more damage in the long run.

I think you'll find that there are a lot of subtleties like this that dramatically increase the strategy of how you fight a battle...

Quote:
6) spells, as you mentioned pure spell dmg is not main effect but burning/poisoning effects, and more attention is toward buff/debuff spells because here high intellect bonuses work as was described in original game but never implemented (blind,sheep,haste... all those spells work longer for high int bonus).
Right, I think you'll find that you're really going to crave intellect now. Remember what the description for a mage says at the beginning of the game? It says that the Mage's armies are much smaller and so you're going to find that this is actually the case, but your spells will be potent if you can get that intellect up. And so will the enemy mage hero spells with their high intellect...

Quote:
Unit Canonner - there is no logic that it has no melee penalty.
I didn't change this - but I think I can understand the logic. The cannonball actually might do even more damage if you were in front of it!

I don't think I'd want to stand in front of a cannon!

I don't think Bugs Bunny can stick his carrot into the barrel and have it explode in the Cannoneer's face! Ha! That'd be funny!

Quote:
The hero Big Pato - he is supposed to be a super dumb warrior and you gave him the ability to cast spells. He was very challenging before anyway. So maybe you should remove the spells and make his creatures harder or whatever you think fits,but no spells
That's what you think!

Big Pato has a skill tree just like you and he picked his level-ups just like you picked yours! So he decided to pick a couple of Mage School Skills and spent his hard-earned crystals on learning some spells!

So leave poor Big Pato alone!

Quote:
Now some bugs I encountered :
-Another 2 heroes that dont appear in battle : Zombie Noric and Thorny Dog
Fatt_Shade is right here...

Quote:
-Red Beard tries to cast something,maybe it's phantom ,but it just gives a writing on the screen and nothing happens.
I don't think I've ever fought Red Beard - let me check his spells and see if I can find the problem...

Quote:
-Drammina has the shroud bug . I removed shroud from her spells and left her with the other two. One of them was the ghost blade I think, but it was strange that she didn't cast anything for the first 2 turns of the fight.
This is fixed now, right? Shroud should work now - I tested it out with Dirty Butory and Shroud worked fine. I'll check her spells...

Quote:
-The Archmage's Telekinesis is not working correctly or maybe you changed it somehow. Sometimes it works and sometimes not, I couldn't figure it out.
I haven't had any trouble with it, but I'll check it!

Quote:
-The Royal Thorn's Entangle skill works on ghosts ,no logic in that.
This shouldn't be as ghosts are floating and Entangle shouldn't work on any floating units (this should be Ghosts, Dryads, Sprites, Dragonflies, etc.). So I will check this...

Quote:
-You added a decription to the Giants that says they can't be frozen, but the Lina's Ice thorns did freeze them.
It's Resistance to Cold, not immunity, but I see that the comment is in there for Geyser and Ice Snake. I didn't consider this for when I did Lina's Ice Thorns.

I probably should change the description as Fire Immune creates can't be burned, but Fire Resistance ones can.

Technically, there are no Cold Immune creatures in the game, but the Resistance to Cold was meant to act like immunity.

So I'll think about this some more, but probably make it consistent with Fire / Poison Immunity / Resistance...

Quote:
-I cast 2 flaming arrows on the first turn and set on fire two creatures. When their turn comes ,the first one burns and playies and then the second one doesnt burn. It burns on the next turn with full burn damage if there is no creature that burns before it. That applies to poisoning also or any combination between them, just the first creature takes damage.
This is one of my listed bugs. The way it works is that if effect kills enemy unit, then if the next turn is another enemy unit, then the damaging (any, i.e. burning, poison, etc.) effect is not applied. So if burning kills an enemy stack and the next turn is another enemy stack with burning (or poison) then it will not do anything. If the enemy stack is not killed then it always works.

I tried really hard to squish this bug, but I think it is a bug in the game as I noticed that in AP / CW the amount of damage will always attenuate such that it never kills a stack.

I'll still try to squish this one, but I haven't found a way yet...

Quote:
I like the changed mechanics for burning and poisoning that the creatures take half the damage and so on
This is what I can say so far.
I'm a huge fan of this system!

Well, thanks again for the awesome comments! These are very helpful!

Quote:
Now about the mod you work on for Armored Princess. I have a proposal.
Armored Princess has so many mods already. So many creatures,so many changes, it is flooded. So my point is that you can do a mod for Warrior of the north,instead of giving your time and efforts on the Princess. It has a good potential and desperately requires a mod to make it more challenging and balance many things.The way it is in the moment makes it absolutely boring to be played for a second time and so on. Please consider it . If you do, I can give some feedback. And I don't understand modding so well, in case you ask "why don't I do this myself"
I hear you completely! I never played past the Spider in WotN because of all the bugs, and then I played a little last night and was fighting the Undead in the snow in Nordlig and it crashed after I fought 4 stacks and was going to go talk to Dorri (or whatever that drunk's name is that was accused of stealing the necklace). Sigh.

Well, with things the way they are with my current state of affairs of the too many tomes problem, it may actually be possible to mod AP / CW / WotN simultaneously.

It seems like there's going to be no more updates on WotN as far as I can tell and since I'm doing my best now to rename functions I modify (unlike TL where I just modded the original functions) and place them in new files it is easy to transfer them to a new expansion even if there are more updates.

I really like a lot of the game mechanics that I've added to TL and it has been a great learning experience. The developers have made the expansions a lot more robust with respect to modding in AP / CW (and hopefully WotN, too). For example, if you misspell a template macro in TL and highlight the item, the game just freezes! In AP / CW, the game says #NF so that you can go fix it!

So I'll see what I can do about modding WotN, too, but I've got to be careful not to spread myself too thin, otherwise I'll end up working on this forever and not get anything done!

It'll be great to hear your comments as you get further into the game - thanks!

And, as always, thanks to @Fatt_Shade's comments, too!

Matt

/C\/C\