1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

The AI programming is the most difficult by far feature to develop in any sim. If it were easy we would all have robots doing everything around our homes.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
How on earth can Oleg play the game on his home PC if 2014 hardware is not out yet? You ,ay not be able to play it on full-settings, but who cares? It looks amazing on Oleg's PC.
Seriously....
He mentioned on one post he was playing on XP. Isn't the limit for XP 4 gigs of Ram?
Old 10-27-2010, 07:01 PM

Yep, XP limit RAM usage to 3.7 gigs (or something like that).
Old 10-27-2010, 07:03 PM
speculum jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_G View Post
Yep, XP limit RAM usage to 3.7 gigs (or something like that).
And no DirectX 10 or 11 as well.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damixu View Post
Excellent questions I'd like to get answer too:
1) Multi-Display gaming with adjustable Field-of-View
2) Ability to use DeviceLink and real dials (or other LCD display as dials)

3) And I'd like to know more about plans to introduce other player controlled units to the game (Combined Arms: Anti-Air Artillery, Infantry, Tanks, Ships, etc.)

4) Can SoW game engine to be used to build Massively-Multiplayer-Online game - like on a huge map thousands of player controlled friends or foes on land, sea or air. (Like Battleground Europe: World War II Online game)
Thank you Mr. Maddox giving answers to questions 1) and 2).

Two big very intriquing questions still remain - In the end of the day we need something to do with near perfect simulation of WW2 era airplanes that SoW will give us - What we can do with it and the questions 3) and 4) are more likely targeted to the successful future of the game, millions of SoW players wants to diversify and play 24/7 war in environment with player controlled tanks, at & aa guns, trucks, trains, ships, etc..

I know SoW: BoB will be state of the art of ww2 era aerial combat simulation compared to any simulation today in the market. Heck, SoW will be state of the art aerial combat simulation of any era and genre

Last edited by Damixu; 10-27-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

Something everyone may like to see. A working Revi gun sight from the guys at Jagdgeschwader 4

Old 10-27-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
He mentioned on one post he was playing on XP. Isn't the limit for XP 4 gigs of Ram?
He also said that he is planning to upgrade his machine so that he can play SoW at a reasonable level which is part of the reason why he hasn't posted much about the min specs coz he's not exactly sure what they are yet!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
In the beginning, SoW will be just like IL2 was on initial release. No one will be able to play it on maximum graphic settings. Then slowly, over time the hardware will catch up, just like it did with the various upgrades of IL2.
My first built PC in 2000 had an Athlon 1000Mhz/1GHz and a Geforce2GTS 64MB. It played IL*2 and FB at 1600x1200 (no anti aliasing, I still don't set anti aliasing). Before that, I had a 486/66, now that had problems running Quake, not that I noticed except that the grenades speeded up considerably on the new machine. I played CFS and CFS2 before I played IL*2, which I probably came to late in its life, but I have no doubts whatever that 2000 ad machine could have played it at full settings from the first if I'd bought IL*2 earlier.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

I'm sure $4000 will solve the problem
Old 10-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

It really seems pointless asking what machine screenshots were taken on when we don't know if wind and turbulence etc. are turned off; how many other objects are loaded; if AI is present (and calculated for); if he was gaming at a quarter normal speed or not, or even what frame rate he had.
And like Oleg said, the game isn't finished yet, so how can he know what is required? A simple cloud improvement (or flames, explosions, sound, hedgerows, trees etc.) might affect everything.

Flying online as Setback.

Last edited by major_setback; 10-27-2010 at 09:11 PM.