1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post
"Automatically" tapping a sequence actually lowers the immersion in a way for me at least, as I have to focus more on the keyboard which brings me back to the fact that I'm tapping a modern device for computer input and not cranking a greasy fuel switch. The joystick is easier to "forget" or "accept" for me... That's just my opinion, and I respect that others feel different about it. I'm just a bit worried that to many servers will enable the "full startup sequence" if it's available...
For me too, that's why the clickable virtual cockpit was invented. A very immerse and natural way to operate all the switches you maybe use just once or twice during a mission. I prefer to only map really important functions to my stick that I have to access quickly during critical situations.

But having to use the keyboard for all actions is still better than having no complex or more complex start up procedures and similar things at all. I hope some companies that now only work for MSFS will start making 3rd party, "as real as it gets" add ons for SOW series as well.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoninus View Post
For me too, that's why the clickable virtual cockpit was invented. A very immerse and natural way to operate all the switches you maybe use just once or twice during a mission. I prefer to only map really important functions to my stick that I have to access quickly during critical situations.

But having to use the keyboard for all actions is still better than having no complex or more complex start up procedures and similar things at all. I hope some companies that now only work for MSFS will start making 3rd party, "as real as it gets" add ons for SOW series as well.
That would naturally be the best solution like you say. I guess that the problem is the additional coding that has to be done... If choosing between better AI och clickable buttons, I have to vote AI. It would be nice If they thought about it while coding though - so the door is not closed for adding it later on...
Old 09-17-2008, 08:35 PM

Yeah, I guess with such a small team Oleg could never finish BOB within a foreseeable timeframe if they implement each desirable feature.

Oleg said that all switches in the VC are prepared to be animated, even for functions that will initially not be simulated. So maybe there is hope for future SOW titles if parts of the cockpit can already be linked to commands.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:53 AM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

Now imagine what cockpit builders could do with that ...
Old 09-18-2008, 08:29 AM

Wink

Quite frankly I'd rather have an immersive and rewarding offline campaign á la Red Baron II, but that's just me.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
but that's just me.
No.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
No.
me too..
Old 09-18-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton45 View Post
me too..
Me three.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
Quite frankly I'd rather have an immersive and rewarding offline campaign á la Red Baron II, but that's just me.
me four
Old 09-18-2008, 02:11 PM

No need for me using keyboard for clickable start up , moving mouse with
pointing arrow over switches by clicking mouse to trigger all start up procedure with mouse is fair enough , pretty quick and not as much bothering at all .
Typing assigned keys on keyboard would certainly kill my immersion
Closed Thread