1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Google is not a bad way to research for such things, but its certainly not the best way either.

Torpedoes were able to be dropped singularly where two were carried and the heavy bomb pylons were able to be fused and dropped separately also.

I know this picture isn't relevant to BoB SoW As this is a He111H-6

But it shows the point that payloading should be looked at correctly .

IL2 1946 dropping ordnance ie: 2 x SC 250/500's out of a bomb drop of 4 x SC 250/500 should be configured for BoB SoW so you get 4 x SC 250/500 single drops or where the relevant payloads are applicable.

Now Im not sure what BoB SoW will exactly have when its first out and later additions, but I hope my question is relevant to their payload configuration.

Regards

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 04-22-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:22 PM

Default Flight Characteristics

Hi Oleg and the team

Ive read elsewhere that il-2 uses a lookup system to determine the characteristics of each plane in flight, like a table of values common to all aircraft to determine behaviour at altitudes, speeds, aoa etc.

Will SOW use more accurate on-the-fly physics calculations (based on the shape of the wing, airfoils and such), the same system as il2 or something in between?

Love your work and looking foward to SOW's release

Chris from Australia.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:40 PM

Default IL2 Movie Competition

An IL2 Movie Competition has just begun. Details are in this Post at the Official 1C Forums. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=3134

I believe this competition will result in more excellent IL2 Game Engine movies, meaning increased positive publicity for 1C and IL2 and potentially for SOW:BOB.

Would 1C be willing to offer a Prize of some sort to the Contest Winner? I would suggest a copy of one or more of 1C's products...or maybe even a commitment to send a copy of SOW:BOB when it is released in the future.

Thanks for giving this suggestion your consideration.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:52 PM

question for you, mr maddox.

Can you or will you enable for players the abillity to lean over the side of the cockpit? This in both the first version of SOW and any later addons. The reason behind this question is that if you implement carriers in the Med, I'd like to hope that people will actually check their surroundings before releasing the chocks, locking the tail wheel and gunning the engine.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:01 AM

Any idea how far from closed beta we are for the SOW BoB? In a previous post by Oleg he said they would only release the 4.09 patch after a milestone had been achieved in SOW-BoB. Being a betting man I would assume that the milestone would be the closed beta... Just wondering how close we are to the milestone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
When we will have window to complete 4.09. It may happen only when we will finish one of our milestones for BoB. Currently all are too busy.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6S.Maraz View Post
Level bombers had some "keyboards" or similar devices, to set delay between bomb drops. I don't know about the He.111 torpedoes, but being near the centerline (not wongs) it seems feasible that they were dropped in different moments (maybe short time one after the other with slightly different angle?)

Maraz
The release mechanisms will be properly modelled in BoB (this has already been announced).
I've actually seen photos of He-111s carrying a single (asymmetric) 1600kg bomb into combat.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:46 PM

The german name for such a device is "Zündschaltkasten". As far as I remember you could set bomb delay, salvo or single mode, delay between bombs in salvo mode and switch between dive and level attack - at least in the Ju 88.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:23 PM

A lot of these things were implemented, it depends on the plane in question. I remember playing B17 The mighty 8th (the second game) and you could set salvo internals on the norden (so i guess the same goes for B25s, B24s and anything with a norden bombsight).

Personally i'd like to see "personalized" systems according to what each aircraft had in reality, instead of a single system for every bomber. I'm also eagerly waiting for night time nav aids that will allow bombing blind, for example in a He111 (i think the system was called knickebein).
Old 04-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

"The release mechanisms will be properly modelled in BoB (this has already been announced).
I've actually seen photos of He-111s carrying a single (asymmetric) 1600kg bomb into combat".

Any idea where this was announced ?

Regards

Old 04-24-2008, 03:31 AM
Approved Member

Good question. I'm pretty sure that this one comes from the interviews (as opposed to forums).
Try: http://www.simhq.com/_air8/air_265a.html
If that doesn't work try: http://www.simhq.com/_air6/air_223a.html , http://www.simhq.com/_air6/air_220a.html , http://www.simhq.com/_air10/air_310a.html
Closed Thread