1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 06:16 PM

The first thing I did after installing the latest patch was this flight around London and general idiocy. It works, and works good (enough for me)!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Vsync still doesn't work even in full screen and neither do screenshots, in full screen again rather than pseudo.
neither the aa
Old 05-19-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Guys, please read a bit of the thread before jumping in and posting straight away. I know it's not always feasible to read 30 pages before we post, but at least skim through the last 3-4 pages in an effort to keep the information concentrated in groups of relevant subjects.

During the course of this thread i've seen people jump up and flail around like headless chickens claiming the patch screwed everything up, then post a couple of posts down the line saying that everything is fine.

There's a bunch of FAQs and all sorts of guides around, but i get the feeling nobody bothers reading them. Apply the patch, clear the cache folder, restart you PC and run the sim, standard procedure by now for all patches and that's why i see improvements with every single patch.

The pitch issue has been adequately explained, how it should work, what the sim tries to model, how it works on a slider, how it doesn't work when using buttons, back around page 14. Yet, the issue still keeps coming back and most of all, without sufficient explanation and in some cases with conflicting statements, adding confusion.

We're going around in circles here, let's make an effort to keep things consistent and the information easy to find. It's in our benefit to do so, because it makes it easier for the devs to see what works and what doesn't so they know what to focus on.

I know some of you are frustrated with the sim, but there's also a lot of people who make useful contributions becoming frustrated with having to explain the same thing over and over again in multiple threads, which hardly anybody reads and in the span of less than 10 posts they come up with inaccurate information about the exact same subject.

Some of us here should stop acting like they're jumping into a room where they're granted an audience to receive answers in the form of chewed foor and start being a bit more proactive in how they look for information, being polite to the people one is asking for help doesn't harm either. If one out of every five people jumps in repeating the same thing over and over again and taking the thread in circles it's counter productive for everyone, including himself.

I'm not trying to be a smart*ss here or play backseat moderator. I'm trying to say that there are easier and more efficient ways to maintain our knowledgebase of issues and tweaks for the sim. So please, read back a couple of pages before you post, 90% of the time you'll find the answer you need.
You know maybe we should wipe the whole forums clean and have a thread title with posted issues and system specs..no BS replys to it either

If you have the same issues as someones already stated then you just +1 with your spec..again no BS answers

As it stands now what were doing and what the devs are doing ISNT working..FACT so i suggest this so as to stop going round in circles with these damm patches
Old 05-19-2011, 06:19 PM

also over London some brown lego style buildings appears for me after patch
Old 05-19-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69iAF~Mike View Post
The first thing I did after installing the latest patch was this flight around London and general idiocy. It works, and works good (enough for me)!
great..now go try multiplayer
Old 05-19-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
I think that was there before, i've been flying this mission in a 110C-7 every single day just for the fireballs. You should see it if you manage to land a hit with bombs

Please go back a few pages, skim through the thread and you'll find the answer. It's been explained maybe as less as 3-4 pages back and a hotfix is on the way.

Sorry if i sound rude, it's definitely not my intention, but what you describe is what everyone has just been talking about, it was explained and we also got developer feedback on the issue.

As a temporary workaround you can set throttle to keyboard and pitch to your axis. As long as the axis on your stick is near its center positiong your pitch will stay steady, as long as it is near the edges the pitch will change. Hope this gets you up and running until the hotfix is applied
Yea I figured someone else had brought it up previously but I wrote that late last night and at the time I didn't feel like reading through all of the previous pages. I was more or less just looking to vent some of my frustrations. I think what I am going to do is to attempt to not play this game for 3 months or so and come back when they've worked everything out. Hopefully by then some new graphics cards will be out too so I can upgrade mine.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:33 PM

Please read and help fellas:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23050
Old 05-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
Negatives

*AA is still only half working in my case. it doesn't matter if it's 2x or 8x, there are still jaggies present, and there is no noticeable difference between 2x and 8x.

*Comms not working. (Not sure if it was supposed to be with this patch)

*Game performance over industrial areas is still very poor.
The patch did not address the first two issues as stated by Luthier before, as for the third issue.. what are you graphics settings? And if you say "HIGH" please note that you have a "MEDIUM" PC you are playing on..why would you expect HIGH performance on that CPU?
XFX 6970 Video Card
Win7 64 Bit Home Ed
ATI 12.3 Driver Package
WD Caviar 7600 RPM HDD
ATI CCC at DEFAULT settings
Old 05-19-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
My...Friend with same OS reported huge black triangle following head movement while in spitfire...
I had that issue pre-patch in the SP mission where you take your totty up for an evening flight in the spitfire towards the end of the British campaign.

The problem was caused by my initial viewpoint being inside the pilot models head. I had to SHIFT+F1 to switch through the views so I could see where I was going.

Switching to an external view and then back to cockpit view caused the same problem and I had to SHIFT+F1 again to correct.

Maybe it is the same problem for your friend?
Old 05-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
You know maybe we should wipe the whole forums clean and have a thread title with posted issues and system specs..no BS replys to it either
Look here Ze

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19629

and here

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21096
Closed Thread