1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 07:47 PM

Well something downloaded from steam about an hour ago but my version is still the retail patch number.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbirds View Post
Well something downloaded from steam about an hour ago but my version is still the retail patch number.
When you have played before, maybe you downloded last official patch. There is hotfix coming soon.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greiss View Post
Long time lurker here, but feel I needed to post my feedback.

I downloaded the beta a couple of weeks ago and patched up the retail version this morning. I'm still getting dreadful performance. Using the Free Flight England mission as a benchmark. AVG FPS is 31. Stuttering is very bad. Buildings and trees flicker and the landscape textures are blurred. Cache shaders cleared out. Affinity mask set to 15. Almost all settings set to "Medium", with decals at "High". SSAO and Epilepsy filter turned off. Resolution set to 1680x1050 (not my native resolution of 1920x1200).

Specs:
I7 920 oc'd @ 4.0GHZ
6GB DDR3
GTX260
Asus P6T Motherboard

I can fly around London at a whopping 18-20 FPS and stuttering badly.

Going to shelve this thing for awhile until acceptable performance is addressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivo View Post
Hi with this patch I have many CTD, before this patch I have never had CTD

Ivo

Have you guys set Steam Cloud back on and deleted your config files so they go back to stock, as recommended by the developer? Especially you Greiss, you post part of the problem right there, process affinity needs to be commented out with a ; in order to run proper multicore support in latest version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbirds View Post
I don't think the hotfix is supposed to have a new version number, it's a hotfix to the current version.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
Have you guys set Steam Cloud back on and deleted your config files so they go back to stock, as recommended by the developer? Especially you Greiss, you post part of the problem right there, process affinity needs to be commented out with a ; in order to run proper multicore support in latest version.
Already did that Urufu. Believe me, I've read just about every nugget of information here, at SimHQ and the Zoo. I'll reconfirm everything.

[EDIT]: I gained a couple of frames after deleting the configs. BUT...the stuttering is still extremely prominent. The shimmering buildings and landscape is killing me.

Last edited by Greiss; 05-20-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:39 AM

what patch we at now..15588.. im loseing track of all this .. just got back home after being away working for a week ..
Old 05-21-2011, 03:36 PM

"By popular demand, enemy indicator arrows will now only appear in the no-cockpit
view, and will not show up when the cockpit is turned on, i.e. work they did in
the original Il-2 games."
Um, I still have these is there a control for how much icon info is shown like original IL-2?
What do I have to do to change Radio text font size or remove completely? It takes up a 1/4 of the screen. Could it be made to be in a box that can be re-sized or eliminated like the chat?
Old 05-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Approved Member

I am afraid to say that afer this patch (and 'hotfix') I get constant CTD's when exiting any mission, the only way to get back to the game is to go to taskmanager and close and restart.
Becoming a real pain now
(Yes, I have enabled 'cloud', removed the 1CSoft folder, verified the game, stood on my head and whistled Rule Britannia, slapped the kids, everything)

I really want to like this game, but my patience is being severly tested by things such as having to (post patch) having to constantly re-set screen messages etc, constant ctrl/alt/del and other things

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC

Last edited by kristorf; 05-21-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

Originally Posted by ivo
Hi with this patch I have many CTD, before this patch I have never had CTD

Ivo

Now with last hot fix ...88 it seems better

I hope now I can play without CTD.

Bye Ivo

My Pc:
Vista 32 bit
Asus P5E3
intel core 2 quad Q 6600 2,40 Ghz.
Ati 5770
memory DDR3 4 GB.
HD 250 GB
Sound Blaster
Old 05-21-2011, 07:37 PM

same here 1st mission i treid 5 mins in and CTD. had just reinstalled to try the patch but at this rate it wont be on my PC for very long,will try another mission.

9600 quad
480 gtx
4 gig ram
win 7 64bit
Old 05-21-2011, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristorf View Post
I am afraid to say that afer this patch (and 'hotfix') I get constant CTD's when exiting any mission, the only way to get back to the game is to go to taskmanager and close and restart.
Becoming a real pain now
(Yes, I have enabled 'cloud', removed the 1CSoft folder, verified the game, stood on my head and whistled Rule Britannia, slapped the kids, everything)

I really want to like this game, but my patience is being severly tested by things such as having to (post patch) having to constantly re-set screen messages etc, constant ctrl/alt/del and other things
try this m8 let me know if it helps
(click START right click COMPUTER choose PROPERTIES click ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS under PERFORMANCE choose SETTINGS and then check the ADJUST FOR BEST PERFORMANCE button)

I have a feeling we are dealing with more that just the game here, there might be something wrong with your PC , have you moved it recently?
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Closed Thread