1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

I am sorry that it has come to this. Just goes to show you can't be too careful nowadays. Thanks for sharing this info.

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
Old 02-14-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jg2001_Rasputin View Post
I already wondered if this guy has the permission to post those videos.
It seemed quite suspicious but I just thought it was part of the devs plan.Sad thing,the element of surprise is quite ruined for some of the details on this videos.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Just so you guys know, this is a rare case of a true leak, i.e. not a marketing ploy but a real rogue user doing something really lame for self-promotion.

The stuff you're seeing is obviously from a beta, not indicative of release, and I'm really way too upset to address this in a calm manner at this time.

The person who leaked this is a personal friend of one of our programmers. I anticipated exactly this kind of issue, Oleg warned me about this specifically. The programmer asked us to give his buddy beta access as a personal favor to him, and I in turn took the responsibility on myself. I got chewed up for this big time, and I'm seriously considering letting the programmer go. It goes without saying that the author's beta access is revoked, and I'm cutting all further communication with him.

We caught this a bit too late, by which time it was way too late to try to delete it, so we'll let you guys continue discussing it but probably won't check the thread or respond to anything related to these videos.

We'll release final gameplay videos once we go gold, where you can judge the features that are shipping with release.
Really sorry to hear this, I guess many of us had a feeling that this was the case *sigh*. At least the beta isn't leaked on torrent sites and hopefully it will stay that way, look at the whole Crysis 2 debacle. If it's any comfort to you and the rest of the guys at MG I would like to say that the game looks and sounds pretty freaky awesome even though it's still a bit WIP. Cheers for the reply Ilya and good luck on the remainder of the development time
Old 02-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
Sorry I should have said 2 guns...

Standard RAF loadout during BoB was to have 2 guns loaded with tracer. They did not mix ammo types in the same gun as the different recoil characteristics caused problems. (This only applies to the MG's btw). The only real variation to this was to have no tracers at all. Except for a few at the end

The initial RAF fighter loading was three guns loaded with ball, two with AP, two with Mk IV incendiary tracer and one with Mk VI incendiary. (Early BoB)

Battle of Britain armament was four guns with ball, two with AP and two with incendiaries (presumably Mk VI) with four of the last 25 rounds being tracer (presumably Mk IV incendiary/tracer) to tell the pilot he was running out of ammunition.
(By 1942 the standard loading for fixed .303s was half loaded with AP and half with incendiary.)

The pilots could say if they wanted no tracers at all, but the problem of mixed ammo in the same gun wasn't fixed till later.

Sorry for any confusion...
Very useful, thankyou
Old 02-14-2011, 01:47 PM

realy realy hope the game have the "missing" 109E supercharger

mr maddox please go back to the original IL2 and get the 109 engine sound from there.......
Old 02-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jg2001_Rasputin View Post
I already wondered if this guy has the permission to post those videos.
I found it odd how someone could post vids from 68xx AMD GPU - as they were not available on public systems.

What a moron.

Luthier is probably half deaf at the moment.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:10 PM

always look on the bright side of life ( whistles )

At least you know what not to do for the further addons , no real damage has been done though through my eyes, almost everyone knew that this version on the game was outdated, and it brought some free advertisement as well

Looking forward to the golden videos
Old 02-14-2011, 04:07 PM

Shame on him!
A true "renegade pilot" by the way
Old 02-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Approved Member

Ahhhhh nnnnnooooooooooooooooo I missed them!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkandrachoff View Post

so good that 3d marks put i5 at the same level that old Core2Quad intel.
the video card is very superior to my 5850,, snif! i dont gonna have that levels of graphics
and i ask to myself if i put anothers 4GBRAM DDR2 having a total of 8GBRAMDDR2 having 3200mhz will be the same of 4GBRAMDDR3 3200mhz???

snif

nice Bf109E, waiting for eastern conflict

6850 is pretty much the same as a 5850 in terms of performance, u must be thinking of the 6950 wich is better (not hugly so mind u). Remember, 6850 is the renamed 5700-series.