1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:49 PM

how far off would a 5770 be compared to a 5850? Would over-clocking close the gap?
Old 02-14-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
how far off would a 5770 be compared to a 5850? Would over-clocking close the gap?
He is wrong, the 68xx series was expectet to be called the 67xx series. It's not a renamed 57xx.

Just google a review for the 5850 and you should see it compared to the 57xx series.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Just so you guys know, this is a rare case of a true leak, i.e. not a marketing ploy but a real rogue user doing something really lame for self-promotion.

The stuff you're seeing is obviously from a beta, not indicative of release, and I'm really way too upset to address this in a calm manner at this time.

The person who leaked this is a personal friend of one of our programmers. I anticipated exactly this kind of issue, Oleg warned me about this specifically. The programmer asked us to give his buddy beta access as a personal favor to him, and I in turn took the responsibility on myself. I got chewed up for this big time, and I'm seriously considering letting the programmer go. It goes without saying that the author's beta access is revoked, and I'm cutting all further communication with him.

We caught this a bit too late, by which time it was way too late to try to delete it, so we'll let you guys continue discussing it but probably won't check the thread or respond to anything related to these videos.

We'll release final gameplay videos once we go gold, where you can judge the features that are shipping with release.
I can understand the frustration at the loss of trust BUT the good feedback you have got over something you say isn't finished [gold] must give you an indication of the direction you are going or need to go.
Use it positively.
The only downside i can think of is if the final release is NOT as good as the video leaked but hopefully i trust this isn't the case.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltbear View Post

mr maddox please go back to the original IL2 and get the 109 engine sound from there.......
Please DON'T use the audio from il2 ,surely in 10 years the sounds have progressed from lawn mowers to something sounding like a D-B or Merlin.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumper View Post
Please DON'T use the audio from il2 ,surely in 10 years the sounds have progressed from lawn mowers to something sounding like a D-B or Merlin.
He said the Original IL2 not the Post Forgotten Battles version.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The person who leaked this is a personal friend of one of our programmers.
this is so typical for "this person"...
allways looking for attention....

lol... and sorry for IC. Watch for more reliable betatesters.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Hecke

Quote:
Just so you guys know, this is a rare case of a true leak, i.e. not a marketing ploy but a real rogue user doing something really lame for self-promotion.

The stuff you're seeing is obviously from a beta, not indicative of release, and I'm really way too upset to address this in a calm manner at this time.

The person who leaked this is a personal friend of one of our programmers. I anticipated exactly this kind of issue, Oleg warned me about this specifically. The programmer asked us to give his buddy beta access as a personal favor to him, and I in turn took the responsibility on myself. I got chewed up for this big time, and I'm seriously considering letting the programmer go. It goes without saying that the author's beta access is revoked, and I'm cutting all further communication with him.

We caught this a bit too late, by which time it was way too late to try to delete it, so we'll let you guys continue discussing it but probably won't check the thread or respond to anything related to these videos.

We'll release final gameplay videos once we go gold, where you can judge the features that are shipping with release.

Come on Luthier, this was by far the best advertisment and the very first really interesting video ever made for this title and you complain about it?
Old 02-14-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:

I can almost feel you, although I can't understand why in the world would this person have access to the game with the history he's carrying.
Not to mention that old chaps from the community feel that cheats will exist from day 1, since this guy has access to the game already and all his history is a constant search of unfair ways to satisfy his small...ego.

So many serious guys in the community, that was the one with the beta in his hands. Such a shame...
Old 02-14-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
Come on Luthier, this was by far the best advertisment and the very first really interesting video ever made for this title and you complain about it?
Have you nothing constructive to say about this?You want the devs to be happy after their hard work has been published without permission??Are you serious?
Old 02-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Hey Luthier calm down, we all loved the video! This video even got Tree to say he liked it! No way can you fire the programmer after that!