1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:45 PM

Default Bouncing Bombs?

Hi,

I was on ATAG tonight flying the Blenhiem and decided to warm up a bit by skip bombing a few of the Blue ships.

On my first run landed bombs on two of the ships (which later sank) and as I was leaving the area decided to bomb a third. I had to change my flight path and came in on the tanker from its stern at about 20-30 degrees to it's starboard side. I released later than usual at about 100 yards and then turned hard right to try to get a look at the effect.

There was a line of two skip marks heading towards the boat and then a line of three skip marks heading off at about 20-30 degrees of the ships starboard bow, just as if the bomb had hit the boat and then Ricocheted off the ships side, to where it exploded. There was a nice V pattern of splash marks where the bomb has skipped!

Has anyone else seen something like this? I was expecting it to works like the original IL2 where the bomb just stuck to the object it hit!

All I can say is WoW! there is a lot of detail in this sim!

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 02-05-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:02 PM

you even have not to hit the ship nowadays. the ship get damaged by close misses too. (since 4.11 in IL2'46 too btw ).

a pitty that this nice shipdamage modell will be left behind with the sequel BoM ......
Old 02-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

Yeah I have seen this as well, very cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

I have seen that too.... very impressing and realistic detail.

You can also let the bomb jump over the ship...
Old 02-09-2012, 02:27 PM

i love the skip bombing model in this game, i only release if i am coming in dead square to the hull and always try to realease my bombs in line with the bridge so as there is less chance of it skipping over the hull if i release too late. coming in at an oblique angle often results in the bombs ricocheting i find. love it!

Craig
Old 02-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

Today I recognized that if weapons in one wing are damaged, when firing it pushes only back on one side...

Another amazing detail...

Now this was good english... sorry I´m tired
Old 02-09-2012, 07:34 PM

I have hit ships and had the bomb bounce off and explode harmlessly away, I have hit those camoflaged aircraft parking bunkers and the bomb bounces off and I have hit the roof of hangers and had the bomb bounce off and chase me look for yourselves at these two pictures I'll post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bomb hits hanger.jpg (278.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Bomb in the air.jpg (278.1 KB, 48 views)