1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by III/JG53_Don View Post
When we have hands on the patch and there are maybe only 2 minor commands working and the vast majority of important commands not.... then you have reason to complain.
No one here knows which commands will work.
I dunno about that.... you could say they have even less reason to complain as, with just two working commands (Minor or not).... they still have more than they did pre-patch!

When a man asks for £50 and is offered £20..... the foolish man throws the £20 back in their face. The wise man takes the £20 graciously and then tries to figure out where the £30 is coming from.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:08 PM

No need to make a cheese out of it like we say in france.

Let's say the new graphical engine still needs work on the rendering side
is that another everest to overcome ? No.
considering the given issues (several black textures and artefacts) those are very common.
Apart from that the engine is apparently running well.
Performance and Stability are partying together like never before.
Regarding the ETA , they expressed their wish to improve the reputation of the soft, which means no scaring alpha screenshots with ugly artefacts on it moving along the web. just imagine :
-" look this is the last Cod" - " woah, things are getting better"
therefore they will have to fix each "bugs" one by one, this could take several weeks before a new DX10 beta patch is out.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:12 PM

This whole CLOD situation is starting to piss me off... I have been waiting for a proper game to play for over a long period now. I expect the guys behind CLOD and 1C to at least give the customers that bought CLOD in its Pre Alpha state at release back then to give a discount for the upcomming title.

I have supported you guys over the last eleven years starting with the initial release of IL2 back in 2001. But this is just a nightmare scenario imo.

Yours Faithfully Sam
Old 05-03-2012, 12:17 PM

As I've always stated.... I do understand people's rage! Heck! When I first bought CloD I was absolutely infuriated! One thing I will say, though, is those people out there who have a rough time in single player should really give multiplayer a go! I know that sounds utter madness but I can hardly fly any of the single player missions without my PC grinding to a halt yet I spend a lot of time on ATAG and ACG server having an absolute whale of a time! Seriously! Get online and get your money's worth!

Why multiplayer seems to run much better than singleplayer? I have no idea but I do know I'm not the only person to have found this. Check out my system specs below! Sure... that's a pretty good PC for many games out there (I play Skyrim on Ultra settings for instance) but, Simulator-wise, it is pretty low spec is it not? There are guys in my squadron (JG 26. We are recruiting, by the way!) with PCs that make mine look like some kind of gift from the gods.

Last edited by Volksieg; 05-03-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksieg View Post
Why multiplayer seems to run much better than singleplayer?
I guess certain computations that would take place on your processor are made by the server instead making performance less CPU-determined but I dont know for sure.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksieg View Post
Sure... that's a pretty good PC for many games out there (I play Skyrim on Ultra settings for instance) but, Simulator-wise, it is pretty low spec is it not? There are guys in my squadron (JG 26. We are recruiting, by the way!) with PCs that make mine look like some kind of gift from the gods.
Lol, not simulator-wise, just pc-wise. I wouldn`t compare it to consoles, because they are prehistoric now power-wise. Otherwise your pc will not be able to run the most buffed up games on maximum video quality settings. Good example is Crysis 2 with Dx11 enabled and high res textures patch. I`m guessing you don`t even have to try it to know your pc can`t cut it.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy_ View Post
Good example is Crysis 2 with Dx11 enabled and high res textures patch. I`m guessing you don`t even have to try it to know your pc can`t cut it.
LOL Oh I tried it...... Such is life I guess. Thought Crysis was far better than the sequel anyway. I'm a philosophical type. But yeah... my PC is aged but it plays the Total Wars, runs Baldur's Gate and, with a few hicups, I can still fly around in CloD so I'm happy. lol

Last edited by Volksieg; 05-03-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by III/JG53_Don View Post
I was talking about the patch of course, not about our official version

So at least some of them ARE working in the upcoming patch. When we have hands on the patch and there are maybe only 2 minor commands working and the vast majority of important commands not.... then you have reason to complain.
No one here knows which commands will work.
Lol, some months ago, I had similar words in my signature like the ones you quoted, to point out the ridiculousness. They came from an official sneak preview about the then-upcoming patch. I believe it was dated 24.06.2011. Too bad I took them out!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:38 PM

Wish it was possible to just drop DX9 and any relic support so we could have a game, it's silly to continue support of these ancient technologies. Some of us with decent rigs would like you to put more stuff into the game and let us really use our hardware. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlarmedBread View Post
Wish it was possible to just drop DX9 and any relic support so we could have a game, it's silly to continue support of these ancient technologies. Some of us with decent rigs would like you to put more stuff into the game and let us really use our hardware. Keep up the good work.
+ 1