1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1021  
Old 01-02-2008, 02:41 AM
RaVe RaVe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cape Cod Ma North East Us coast
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
OK... but I am on no high horse.. and I get sick and tired of people those kinds of comments have been going on long enough on this and we need to move on.
I know your trying to help keep the peace BC. Yes im a hot head... I'm plane spoken.
I call em like I see them.

I just don't want people to forget about what is happening so I make lots of noise.
if we settle for enough is enough move on then it gets to were we are now...
A trashed online sim..
Nobody is playing the same sim now its not skill against skill ,
its what mod gives a better advantage.
The best part about the sim is dead ......Its file integrity.
I don't want to see it happen to SOW...

why is CFS dead?......MODS....



Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF_Magpie View Post
Your ban - might just have something to do with calling everyone there idiots dont ya think...?
I stand by my post, Its true.
Congradulations on a great service to the Sim..
~S~ RaVe

Last edited by RaVe; 01-02-2008 at 02:53 AM.
  #1022  
Old 01-02-2008, 03:35 AM
Bearcat Bearcat is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern Va. by way of Da Bronx
Posts: 992
Default

Rave I understand where you are coming from... and my stance is less about keeping the peace as trying to find a solution... Call me a naive optomist but I think this can be fixed.. especially of the ones doing the work have help from 1C. I understand that 1C may not have the time to do it.. but surely some of those other talented folks who have the skills and the where withall to do the right thing can come up[ with a solution to this mess along the lines mentioned in a previous post. As bad as it is we should try to move from the way things are and concentrate on how we would like it to be and try to move it there. It isnt impossible...
  #1023  
Old 01-02-2008, 03:55 AM
RAF_Magpie RAF_Magpie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaVe View Post
I stand by my post, Its true.
Congradulations on a great service to the Sim..
~S~ RaVe
I understand your POV, but heres the kicker:

YOU DONT HAVE TO BE INSULTING, OR ABUSIVE to get a point accross dude. Its just rather unbecoming.
  #1024  
Old 01-02-2008, 06:29 AM
X X is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 23
Default

Those who belong to the "Oleg will fix this school" have, perhaps, missed the point. There is not likely to be a fix from above, but one worked out by the users. If MAW can be designed to lock out unofficial mods, so can IL-2. Oleg is fully committed to BOBSOW which promises to square the circle for both online and offline users. Why would he waste precious resources on IL-2? I think he has turned it over to the users to work out how to keep their online competition version alive. It's pathetic to see people perpetually bleating for a dispensation from Oleg instead of thinking for themselves.
  #1025  
Old 01-02-2008, 06:46 AM
LEXX LEXX is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ussia
Posts: 276
Default

Xleit, if you were around the ubi.com since 2003, you would have seen the same computer gamer behavior attacking the Offline and Online players who asked Oleg for official methods for deeper customizing options and modding to one extent or another.

But then, we also had the Open Source Trolls, you know, those joining the forum demanding Oleg "open the source(tm)."

They sound the same. Maybe they are the same gamers? nah, say it ain't so!
  #1026  
Old 01-02-2008, 08:04 AM
X X is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 23
Default

I've been around since 2004 and that's been enough!
  #1027  
Old 01-02-2008, 08:50 AM
jasonbirder jasonbirder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
why is CFS dead?......MODS....
Surely you can flip that around; I bought CFS3 found out it was poor and discarded it...I have recently had to go out and buy it all over again...so I could enjoy the fantastic Over Flanders Fields Mod...and I am sure there are people out there who will say the same thing about the Mediterranean Air War mod.
Mods haven't killed it...they've brought it back to life!

Why oh why do we have to have the same argument over and over and over again...

I challenge the Anti-Mod camp to name any significant flight sim that has been degraded or reduced in quality by the addition of third party or community developed Mods?

And in balance i'll offer the following examples of Sims that have been improved by the addition of theses supposedly awful community Mods....

Falcon 4.0
Lock On Modern Air Combat
Enemy Engaged Comanche Havok
Janes F/A18
Combat Flight Simulator 3
European Air War
Silent Hunter III
Dangerous Waters

And thats just the games I am familiar with, in that I own them and have played them in both the Vanilla and Modded versions and can say without fear of contradiction that the Modded versions are more immersive, more engaging, more complex and more realistic than the Un-Modded versions...

If anyone can come up with a similar list (ideally from personal experience, not Hear-Say) of Simulators that have suffered from community based modding, then maybe there is an argument against it...
If not, then can people stop repeating the same old arguments again and again...because they simply don't stack up...
  #1028  
Old 01-02-2008, 09:16 AM
LT.INSTG8R LT.INSTG8R is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 36
Default

Well I have to say I gave the 6dof a go last night(very limited testing) But it does work quite well(okay first thing I had to do was disable the roll as I dont like it) I flew a Hurricane and an a 109 around the new Normandy map(thanks Fly_zo great work) using VP's great little missions he made for it(was the perfect way to experience that map to be sure)
I found the zoom to be the best part(something I really liked from ARMA actually) It will take a bit of getting used too(the 109 sight is hard to line up) But I couldnt do anything devious with it like stick my head thru the glass or see thru my tail. Its very well done.

Xleit was absolutley right it is top notch and is definitely an improvement in TIR support but nothing more.

Combined with the Sound Mod, the Normandy mod map/Missions and the 6dof I truly had a wonderful BoB like experience last night( I FINALLY felt/knew a 109 was whipping past me there was no mistaking the sound)
I don't think I have felt more "there" than I did last night. THANKS to all of you for this work.
  #1029  
Old 01-02-2008, 12:20 PM
JG53Frankyboy JG53Frankyboy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbirder View Post
Surely you can flip that around; I bought CFS3 found out it was poor and discarded it...I have recently had to go out and buy it all over again...so I could enjoy the fantastic Over Flanders Fields Mod...and I am sure there are people out there who will say the same thing about the Mediterranean Air War mod.
Mods haven't killed it...they've brought it back to life!

Why oh why do we have to have the same argument over and over and over again...

I challenge the Anti-Mod camp to name any significant flight sim that has been degraded or reduced in quality by the addition of third party or community developed Mods?

And in balance i'll offer the following examples of Sims that have been improved by the addition of theses supposedly awful community Mods....

Falcon 4.0
Lock On Modern Air Combat
Enemy Engaged Comanche Havok
Janes F/A18
Combat Flight Simulator 3
European Air War
Silent Hunter III
Dangerous Waters

And thats just the games I am familiar with, in that I own them and have played them in both the Vanilla and Modded versions and can say without fear of contradiction that the Modded versions are more immersive, more engaging, more complex and more realistic than the Un-Modded versions...

If anyone can come up with a similar list (ideally from personal experience, not Hear-Say) of Simulators that have suffered from community based modding, then maybe there is an argument against it...
If not, then can people stop repeating the same old arguments again and again...because they simply don't stack up...

i think he ment online.
and not only with known friends , also at open to all "events".

in my personal opinion is using the 6DOF hack online already a cheat !
and when im reading on these AAA forums that someone used it on the WoP servers (even with crt02 setting there) , i'm not very happy with this situation..............

in general i would have nothing against these hacks IF the server/host could prevent them succesfully if he wants - but as it looks like this is not the case in the moment.
and i doubt it will be ever in the il2 series.

in SoW it will be different , there will be the possibility to mod - but the server/host will be ablte to prevent any mod if he wants, as long as the next hacker comes along..............................
  #1030  
Old 01-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Bearcat Bearcat is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern Va. by way of Da Bronx
Posts: 992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
Those who belong to the "Oleg will fix this school" have, perhaps, missed the point. There is not likely to be a fix from above, but one worked out by the users. If MAW can be designed to lock out unofficial mods, so can IL-2. Oleg is fully committed to BOBSOW which promises to square the circle for both online and offline users. Why would he waste precious resources on IL-2? I think he has turned it over to the users to work out how to keep their online competition version alive. It's pathetic to see people perpetually bleating for a dispensation from Oleg instead of thinking for themselves.
EXACTLY!!!

And with the talented pool of folks that is in this community which never ceases to amaze me... surely... SURELY they can come up with something that can do the job.. I think that as long as it falls within the parameters that I described above it will work. That way those who want to use full mods and will anyway can.. and those who want to fly in a totally mod free environment can and those who want a mixed bag can have that as well.. I am certain that even then there will be people who will try to cross the line.. just because that is the way that people are... but at least with a viable solution like that.. it will make it less likely and more obvious and everyone will be able to do as they want without forcing their desires on anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53Frankyboy View Post
in my personal opinion is using the 6DOF hack online already a cheat !
and when im reading on these AAA forums that someone used it on the WoP servers (even with crt02 setting there) , i'm not very happy with this situation..............

in general i would have nothing against these hacks IF the server/host could prevent them succesfully if he wants - but as it looks like this is not the case in the moment.
and i doubt it will be ever in the il2 series.
Again.... therein lies the problem... I think most of the anti mod crowd feel exactly the same way you do FB....

Last edited by Bearcat; 01-02-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:40 PM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.