1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 01-02-2012, 01:21 AM

One of our Fire Squadron servers is in the planning stages of being moved across to CLOD. So will have 1x1946 & 1xCLOD server later this year!
i7 3930K @ 5Ghz AC Kryos Silver WB - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 4way SLI 3GB GTX 580 Aquagrafx WB - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM fans & shrouds - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD Nv Surround
Old 01-02-2012, 01:25 AM

Ok guys play nice or I'll have to start deleting posts. Both points have been made, move along now and stay on topic! Cheers ~Phat
i7 3930K @ 5Ghz AC Kryos Silver WB - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 4way SLI 3GB GTX 580 Aquagrafx WB - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM fans & shrouds - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD Nv Surround
Old 01-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Tree_UK

Back on track - CLOD effectively killed our squad, we had around 14 pilots but now we are down to 3 and only 1 of them now flys regular. The reasom CTD/poor performance on mid range PC''s and no Co-ops. Also the hundreds of bugs that need to be fixed led most of our squad members to think that an investment in this game simply wasn't worth the while, whether that will change now CLOD is effectlively being given away remains to be seen, but I hope some members do return to flying.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Approved Member

Are you really trying to put the blame for the decisions of your squad mates on a thing, TreeUK?

Pathetic!

CloD might be a catalyst, but it doesn't force decisions!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
Are you really trying to put the blame for the decisions of your squad mates on a thing, TreeUK?

Pathetic!

CloD might be a catalyst, but it doesn't force decisions!
eh? i dont get what you mean, CLOD as split many squads, some staying with IL2 while many are not flying at all. You only have to look how many pilots are flying online in the CLOd server browser. Surely even you cannot dispute that?? Il2 1946 I imagine as more people flying online at the moment than CLOD, because its not broken.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

I must agree with Tree here.

The BlitzPigs, and our friends from the Pilot's Pub are split about 75% to 25%, with only the 25% using CLOD. There are a small number playing RoF, a smaller number playing DCS A10-C, (some crossover here) and the rest have stopped flight sims altogether. Only myself and BlitzPig_Void still play '46, and that's on rare occaision.

Everyone was very hopeful about CloD at the beginning, but now they have given up and think it won't make it past the sequel.

Sad, but that's the truth of it.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 01-02-2012, 06:49 PM

In all honesty, splits are not that unusual around new releases.

I vividly remember the same thing happening with '46 between mods and no-mods fliers, then the same thing being announced by some people on the Spits vs 109s forums when RoF was released, to the tune of "i'll be flying mostly the new sim from now on", etc.

It's not that unusual and until each new sim reaches a level of completeness that satisfies everyone (and to be fair, most sims don't get released in a state that qualifies as "complete" and it takes a year or so of patching to flesh things out), people will naturally gravitate to whatever suits them best. It does mix things up for all involved, but there's nothing strange about it really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
Only bad things will be commented. Good things are expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
War is usually the massacre of young people that don't know each other for the sake of old people who don't fight and know each other.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Highly doubtfull at this point that COD is the reason squads break up unless the squad was built with only COD in mind. I can see squads changing as the sim becomes more optimized and people with average systems can migrate to COD. Personally I've never had the problems others have flying COD online. Not sure why, but probably because of my decent system that has a fast internet connection.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 01-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
Highly doubtfull at this point that COD is the reason squads break up unless the squad was built with only COD in mind. I can see squads changing as the sim becomes more optimized and people with average systems can migrate to COD. Personally I've never had the problems others have flying COD online. Not sure why, but probably because of my decent system that has a fast internet connection.
CLOD was soley the reason why our squad split/stopped flying, and from a lot of posts I have read on this very forum a lot of Squads have said the same thing. Also my PC spec is far superior to your Chivas (not in a bragging fashion) but I suffer from the CTD, as do many others with higher end systems.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
CLOD was soley the reason why our squad split/stopped flying, and from a lot of posts I have read on this very forum a lot of Squads have said the same thing. Also my PC spec is far superior to your Chivas (not in a bragging fashion) but I suffer from the CTD, as do many others with higher end systems.
Maybe its because I've a installed COD on as separate SSD with only another copy of Windows 7 64 bit, and Hotas peripherals on it. Never had a CTD, other than a past beta patch that caused a problem when the bombs went off. I know from long experience if you want to enjoy combat flight sims you have to optimize your own system as well as the developer having to optimize their code.

Was your squad initially organized to fly another sim, and then fell apart when some moved to COD while others couldn't? If no one can fly COD, as you continually suggest, then continue flying the sim you where organized to fly. Some of the continuity would be lost anyway as some people wouldn't have the system to run a new combat flight sim, or just drag their feet, as change is sometimes hard.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip