1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #501  
Old 05-04-2012, 02:23 PM
JG52Krupi's Avatar
JG52Krupi JG52Krupi is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
Sadly it has nothing to do with safety but is all to do with making money, you do realise comercial pilots are taken into the simulator just twice a year, and for some it's the only time they even come close to manual flying and even then not all emergencys are practiced, this is all about saving money for the airlines, unlike the military who get continuous training.
No........ real safety will come from properly trained pilots who are well practiced, but because humans are slightly less efficient than computers and burn slighly more fuel (seriously) the airlines discourage hand flying.
Of course its do with safety, the money side of things is pretty much what is expected when you design a system based on what a airliner requires...

But aren't you seriously over generalizing a bit on the training... sure some airliners don't train nearly of often as they probably should but the "top" airlines have a good record for a reason.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 05-04-2012, 02:24 PM
bongodriver's Avatar
bongodriver bongodriver is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Of course its do with safety, pretty much what is expected when you design a system based on what a airliner requires...

But aren't you seriously over generalizing a bit on the training... sure some airliners don't train nearly of often as they probably should but the "top" airlines have a good record for a reason.
I just happen to work in the industry....what do I know
__________________


Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 05-04-2012, 02:25 PM
JG52Krupi's Avatar
JG52Krupi JG52Krupi is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
I just happen to work in the industry....what do I know
As do I, so what do I know...
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 05-04-2012, 02:28 PM
bongodriver's Avatar
bongodriver bongodriver is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
As do I, so what do I know...
well for a start you know what a crock of **** the whole industry is, I hate it with a passion now and am changing career.......lap dancing perhaps
__________________


Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition

Last edited by JG52Uther; 05-04-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 05-04-2012, 02:33 PM
JG52Krupi's Avatar
JG52Krupi JG52Krupi is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
well for a start you know what a crock of **** the whole industry is, I hate it with a passion now and am changing career.......lap dancing perhaps
Unfortunately I work on the engineering side of things rather than the pilots (where I wanted/wish to be) side
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.

Last edited by JG52Uther; 05-04-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 05-04-2012, 02:35 PM
bongodriver's Avatar
bongodriver bongodriver is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Unfortunately I work on the engineering side of things rather than the pilots (where I wanted/wish to be) side
Lucky, they will always need engineers to reboot the bloody things, sadly if you want to sit at the front looking all important then days are numbered.
__________________


Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 05-04-2012, 02:42 PM
JG52Krupi's Avatar
JG52Krupi JG52Krupi is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
Lucky, they will always need engineers to reboot the bloody things, sadly if you want to sit at the front looking all important then days are numbered.
I actually had a discussion/argument with a fellow engineer in the office about this a few weeks back, he is all for the removal of a pilot while I still see it as a required position... even if the pilot is technically not doing that much.

Pilot less passenger aircraft are still a long way a way IMHO.

Luckily people are still wary of computer controlled vehicles and airliners won't want to go for something passengers are wary of, not yet at least.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 05-04-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 05-04-2012, 02:48 PM
bongodriver's Avatar
bongodriver bongodriver is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
I actually had a discussion/argument with a fellow engineer in the office about this a few weeks back, he is all for the removal of a pilot while I still see it as a required position... even if the pilot is technically not doing that much.

Pilot less passenger aircraft are still a long way a way IMHO.

Luckily people are still wary of computer controlled vehicles and airliners won't want to go for something passengers are wary of, not yet at least.
Don't be so sure, all they have to do is convince the public that all accidents are pilot error (growing trend) and bingo nobody will want pilots.
__________________


Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:03 PM
David Hayward David Hayward is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,183
Default

Future aircraft will be crewed by a pilot and a doberman. The pilot will be there in case there are problems with the automated flight systems. The dog will be there to bite him if he tries to touch anything.
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:07 PM
ATAG_Doc ATAG_Doc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: A brothel in the Mekong Delta
Posts: 1,546
Default

Shipping and trains are quickly headed that way. Google recenly created a driverless car in which a blind person sat in the drivers seat. BMW is already on top of this as well. See it in youtube.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.