1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-08-2010, 06:18 PM
MrBlister MrBlister is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 16
Default Anyone else annoyed with orcs?

I want to enjoy the orcs and the adrenaline, but so many of the abilities are not just bad, but worse than doing nothing. And it's not just the self-consuming goblins, it's the orc veterans too. I mean, the more adrenaline he gets, the less likely enemies are to counter attack. I WANT THEM TO COUNTER ATTACK SO I CAN GET THE EXTRA HITS! Or his ability which doubles the damage of some other orc? Come on. I mean, the best way to use him is to drain all his adrenaline into rage.

And what about the orc commander guy--the one who's a recruiter? Yeah, his recruit doesn't actually work.

And the orc shaman--the one with totems? Man, the coolest one, but every round my game hangs and I have to alt-tab to hit "ignore" on a bug popup.

Is there a mod or something that fixes up the orcs?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-08-2010, 11:31 PM
MrBlister MrBlister is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 16
Default

lol, also, I've unlocked 6 islands now, and have gotten 1 piece of body armor called magician's cowl. This would be great if I weren't playing a warrior. So, I got my pirate buddy wearing the cowl, but no single vendor on any of the islands I've opened have yet to sell a single piece of armor, and apparently a warrior can't wear a dress. Every empty vendor just makes my rage +10.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-09-2010, 05:49 PM
DGDobrev DGDobrev is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bottrop, Germany, born Varna, Bulgaria.
Posts: 1,415
Default

Didn't the warrior have a dress/regalia slot? As for the body armor, you're just unlucky. The game thrives solely on randomization and sometimes it does not pan out just the way a player wants it or needs it to be - troop-wise, enemy-wise or equipment-wise.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-10-2010, 03:20 AM
MrBlister MrBlister is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 16
Default

Yeah, I can put a dress in the dress regalia/dress slot, but I literally didn't have a single piece of equipment to put in the armor-only slot for over half the game.

Anything thing I'm bummed about is I haven't gotten a single divine armor scroll. I just finished Sheterra and want to start working on my last unlocked island. I think I might end up finishing the game without ever getting the scroll. I've got this great combo where first round I teleport my orc veteran right into the middle of all their enemies (with counter-attack at 3 of course), then wait on my rune mage until the end of the round, ressurect him back to full, then cast stone skin on him beginning of second round. Know what would make it work so much better? Divine armor.

I get that it's random, but you'd think there'd be some sort of provision to make sure at least 1 of each scroll had a chance to drop in the game, right? I sorta wish it was the same way with the items as well. I know some are fixed, but man I sure wish I'd found this sword of the elements when I was playing my mage. I swear I looked at every shop, and never saw this item, but I've got one now, playing my warrior. :/

I'm telling you man, the game's doing it on purpose--it's messing with our minds!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-10-2010, 08:34 AM
DGDobrev DGDobrev is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bottrop, Germany, born Varna, Bulgaria.
Posts: 1,415
Default

There is a work-around Scan your game in advance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-10-2010, 02:55 PM
MrBlister MrBlister is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 16
Default

Wow, I wish I had done that before this game. Here's some epic QQ:

I got the black helm and the fragment thing from moro dark (fyi: undead or demons in your reserves count as having them in your army). I also have the whole vampire set. So, I'm thinking epic undead beatdown, right?

Wrong. There are only 70 black knights in my whole game. I mean, I guess I can start doing some foolery with sacrifice, but here's the worst part: there are no ancient vampires for sale anywhere and no one will upgrade the regular ones for me.

So, I'm like, it's ok, I also completed the demon set. I'll just go get some sweet archdemons and succubus instead of vamps, and whip some ass! Nope again--the warrior counter-attack skill says it works with humanoids, but apparently the archdemon and demoness aren't considered humanoids. Really? Is it 'cause they have tails or something?

I mean, it's still kinda fun. The demoness's crit for 16-18k, and they crit frequently (wish the demon tongue was a part of the demon set instead of the salamander banner--such a miss there). I also like to put my archdemon near a corner, then phantom him into the corner, then swap the phantom with some squishy ranged nuisance. It would just be cooler if I were doing this with a fat-stack of black knights and ancient vampires for massive counter-attack beatdown. I mean, I skilled into the crit-on-counter thing--would be nice to get some real use out of it. :/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Minecontrol Minecontrol is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlister View Post
Anything thing I'm bummed about is I haven't gotten a single divine armor scroll. I just finished Sheterra and want to start working on my last unlocked island. I think I might end up finishing the game without ever getting the scroll. I've got this great combo where first round I teleport my orc veteran right into the middle of all their enemies (with counter-attack at 3 of course), then wait on my rune mage until the end of the round, ressurect him back to full, then cast stone skin on him beginning of second round. Know what would make it work so much better? Divine armor.


I'm telling you man, the game's doing it on purpose--it's messing with our minds!
Ah so you can't find a scroll!?

Know what is more frustrating? Not being able to buy a scroll (except at the beginning). It's a great game and all (for me it has had a real Heroes of M&M 3 effect - that good!) but it makes no sense you can only carry ten scrolls. I mean think about it, you are walking around with five swords, four suits of armor, three shields and even a Countess! Yet you can't find the room for more than 10 pieces of paper. It makes no sense the scroll limit.

BTW, does anyone know what units can be trained into Shamans (the regular shamans with the axes)?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-23-2010, 11:22 PM
ckdamascus ckdamascus is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minecontrol View Post
Ah so you can't find a scroll!?

Know what is more frustrating? Not being able to buy a scroll (except at the beginning). It's a great game and all (for me it has had a real Heroes of M&M 3 effect - that good!) but it makes no sense you can only carry ten scrolls. I mean think about it, you are walking around with five swords, four suits of armor, three shields and even a Countess! Yet you can't find the room for more than 10 pieces of paper. It makes no sense the scroll limit.

BTW, does anyone know what units can be trained into Shamans (the regular shamans with the axes)?
There are items and skills you can learn (Wisdom in the Magic Tree) that can raise your scroll limit.

I don't believe any unit can be trained into a Shaman. Sorry.

Your best bet is to get a few, and use Sacrifice to bolster your numbers. As a tip, if you have astral resistance, Sacrifice does less damage to your own units BUT you still net the full benefit!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Minecontrol Minecontrol is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Didn't the warrior have a dress/regalia slot? As for the body armor, you're just unlucky. The game thrives solely on randomization and sometimes it does not pan out just the way a player wants it or needs it to be - troop-wise, enemy-wise or equipment-wise.
The randomness is one of the interesting things about replaying the game. I don't use scanners at all, it's more fun if you don't know how kind or cruel the game vendors are going to be when you first land on Verona (i have never even seen a completed set item except for one given as reward for killing Scrounger).

This current game i am playing has been cruel, no decent units available and having visited most of the islands only one or two decent items (Royal Hammer (but i think that is always there) and Magician's Cowl (Great, Great item for any class).

Last edited by Minecontrol; 12-23-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-10-2010, 10:28 PM
ckdamascus ckdamascus is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlister View Post
I want to enjoy the orcs and the adrenaline, but so many of the abilities are not just bad, but worse than doing nothing. And it's not just the self-consuming goblins, it's the orc veterans too. I mean, the more adrenaline he gets, the less likely enemies are to counter attack. I WANT THEM TO COUNTER ATTACK SO I CAN GET THE EXTRA HITS! Or his ability which doubles the damage of some other orc? Come on. I mean, the best way to use him is to drain all his adrenaline into rage.

And what about the orc commander guy--the one who's a recruiter? Yeah, his recruit doesn't actually work.

And the orc shaman--the one with totems? Man, the coolest one, but every round my game hangs and I have to alt-tab to hit "ignore" on a bug popup.

Is there a mod or something that fixes up the orcs?
Goblins and Orc Veterans are awesome. They get passive bonuses for higher adrenaline too.

Goblin Shamans can reduce enemy resistance to negative levels just by attacking.

Goblins do ridiculous damage with the proper buffs, and have a chance to attack more than once per round.

Orc Veterans are really good. Just 'quaff' a Potion of Rage so you get a speed bonus, so when you regain Adrenaline Level 3, the enemy can't counter attack.

If you want him to do more damage, just Phantom him instead. The clones end up with zero rage, so they will counter-counter attacks.

It is nice to have the flexibility of having no retalation or counter-counter attacking for more damage.

No retaliation is a great way to kill certain bosses.

His damage doubler is a little broken. For starters, it doesn't double other orc's damage, it doubles your own damage, but you need another orc unit type in your army. Great for phantoms that are about to expire.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:27 PM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.