1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:37 PM

Default B-17 bomb sight

I finally unlocked the B-17, and to my great disappointment, I can not find the bomb sight. I have tried the zoom button, change view button, hat switch, dpad everything I can think of, but no bomb sight. I can switch views to the top turret, no other gunners. Clearly, I am doing something wrong or there is a problem with the plane.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by condorz38 View Post
I finally unlocked the B-17, and to my great disappointment, I can not find the bomb sight. I have tried the zoom button, change view button, hat switch, dpad everything I can think of, but no bomb sight. I can switch views to the top turret, no other gunners. Clearly, I am doing something wrong or there is a problem with the plane.
Err there is no bomb sight on any of the planes!?!
Old 10-14-2009, 06:09 PM

Select a ground target, then you get the regular (fairly transparent) reticule on the ground.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite View Post
Select a ground target, then you get the regular (fairly transparent) reticule on the ground.
Unless your on Sim mode. I think they really should have added bomb sights though. In real life B-17 bombers didn't just to try to place they're bombs by sight... At least I don't think they did?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:10 PM

Not much point bombing in sim mode, you're left blind. Nothing simulation about that. LOL
Old 10-14-2009, 07:52 PM

nope they didnt they had bomb sights im pretty sure
Old 10-21-2009, 05:57 AM

Default saitek problem

I finally had an idea and tested it out. I was using the Saitek AV8R-02 flight stick, and had no problem with the trigger as the A button. I switched back to a microsoft gamepad and tried out my theory. With the control pad, I can put the target reticle on a ground target and press a and presto, a bomb sight circle on the ground. I tried the B-17 that I never had a reticule on and it worked. The arano I only got the circle once using the stick and could not get it again. I don't know if it is just my stick, or if this is a common problem. Using the game pad seems to fix it. I sure hope the patch fixes the problem. since the stick makes it seem more like flying. Between the dead zone, no reticule, and what appears to be more responsive controls (faster climb, quicker turns) I will use the game pad until the patch is out, soon, Please.