1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 01:12 AM

Luthier : I bought this game about a month or more ago I have upgraded my video card (5770) and changed some parts including the case due to the fact i bought a new basic model computer .. I have no real issues running the game or game play at high settings. So for that thank you. You and your team have worked hard and it shows Any word on newer sound files for plane engines, Wind, Guns, I love 2 things The sound of the Merlin flying by and the Start up high pitch whine of the 109

To all : I'm new to the IL-2 series I use to play Fighter Ace online a few years back under the same name My question is there a true level flight adjustment on the game? I found myself bobbing up and down trying to shoot at a 110 it was unreal .. Even with playing around with the trim control. I'm not to crazy about the feel of the aircraft yet. Landing seems to drag on too far

Thanks
Old 05-19-2011, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
I did not attempt to try psuedo full screen since I did not see an option to enable or disable it. before this patch my game ran flawless (based on performance alone ( FPS, Stuttering, ect..)
Thanks, that's all I need. Windows 7 I presume, right?

Pseudo full screen is selectable in Video Options. There's the Full Screen drop down with On, Pseudo and Off selected. Please make sure it isn't Pseudo.

You really shouldn't be having framerate issues with your machine. Double-check just in case that your Crossfire is indeed OFF - or try turning it ON instead - check to make sure Anti-Epilepsy is turned off in Video Options - and if you've previously disabled Desktop Composition for the exe, please enable it back since it now leads to DEcreased performance with the True Full Screen.

Should have noted that last part in the readme.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Asus P8P67 Motherboard
I7 Processor 3.4 GH not overclocked yet
2X ASUS 6950 (not linked yet) waiting for game to support it properly
2 solid state hard drives raided (game installed here)
1 terrabite hard drive (nothing on it yet)
8 gigs ripjawx ddr3 ram
mega cooling heat sink to overclock processer when required.
OH, and windows 7 ultimate

Need anything else?
I did not attempt to try psuedo full screen since I did not see an option to enable or disable it. before this patch my game ran flawless (based on performance alone ( FPS, Stuttering, ect..)

PS. Thaought I had ATI card but does not say so on the box. Are the cards mentioned above ATI? I think so right?

PS. Im a jerk.. I found the full screen option.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:23 AM

Luthier

Are you able to comment on the plane loadouts not working in the QMB and the external weathering and serial numbers etc not working at all?

I know it's not a major priority, but your comment that it should be working worries me that you arent aware that it's broken!

Much appreciated,

Recon.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:26 AM

Wow I am going to finish my lasagna and test it. I watched black death again using all max settings and just uploaded it. I see all kinds of new stuff. It's full screen play but the video has a border for some reason. I'll be the first to admit I don't know how to do video but I have fun trying anyways.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Thanks, that's all I need. Windows 7 I presume, right?

Pseudo full screen is selectable in Video Options. There's the Full Screen drop down with On, Pseudo and Off selected. Please make sure it isn't Pseudo.

You really shouldn't be having framerate issues with your machine. Double-check just in case that your Crossfire is indeed OFF - or try turning it ON instead - check to make sure Anti-Epilepsy is turned off in Video Options - and if you've previously disabled Desktop Composition for the exe, please enable it back since it now leads to DEcreased performance with the True Full Screen.

Should have noted that last part in the readme.
Thanks for the help Luthier,

Full screen was on. Crossfire is off because cables are not installed (cant turn it on without it). Anti E was off. I did not however mess with the desktop Comp. I may have turned it off in the past. Can someone please remind me how to adjust this again?

Also, would this have an effect on the AA? It was horrible when we were flying? wings disapearing and reapearing from a distance?

I'll give it a shot Luthier. Appologies for the anger. Just want to see steps in the right direction instead of reverse and my have acted premature due to past history of patches.

Last edited by Gollum; 05-19-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconNZ View Post
Are you able to comment on the plane loadouts not working in the QMB and the external weathering and serial numbers etc not working at all?
We are indeed aware. They are working and saving, it's just the game fails to read them when loading a mission file.

The programmer who can fix it is also our network programmer, and he was so deep in the trenches fixing the net code we had to call the Chilean mine rescue team to get him out. Those loadout options are actually exactly what he's working on next.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Full screen was on. Crossfire is off because cables are not installed (cant turn it on without it). Anti E was off. I did not however mess with the desktop Comp. I may have turned it off in the past. Can someone please remind me how to adjust this again?
Mmm I'm not sure if having two unconnected cards has any kind of effect on performance, I'll need to ask our graphics guys when they get in.

Regarding Aero, here are the steps:

1. Brose to the main install flder for Cliffs of Dover. By default it is
(Program Files)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover
where (Program Files) is the actual physical location that can vary for your individual
machine.

2. Find a file called Launcher.exe in the folder
(it may simply be Launcher, if you have disabled the display of file extensions in
Windows)

3. Right-click the file and select Properties.

4. Select the Compatibility tab in the window that appears.

5. Make sure "Disable desktop composition" checkbox in the Compatiblity tab is UNchecked and press OK.

Quote:
I'll give it a shot Luthier. Appologies for the anger. Just want to see steps in the right direction instead of reverse and my have acted premature due to past history of patches.
No worries. You are right to be angry if the game is failing to meet your expectations. Thanks for actually sticking with us through all this. We're working very hard to get there.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:35 AM

Quote:
For now please unbind the prop pitch from an axis and bind it to a pushkey, which is not all that unrealistic. Sorry about that!
I think it's is the other way round. The PP sticks when bound to a push key but works when bound it to an axis. At lest on my system.

At fist I thought someone should be shot for this bug...
But now I have been forced to assign an axis I find PP is more important on axis than throttle so I am actually better off.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:36 AM
Approved Member

I made a short video to show what I reported about the pp working as intended in my system.

Forget the first seconds of the video, while the aircraft is satbilizing after starting the mission. Watch from second 13.

Hopefully you can find why it doesnt work for others

ANALOGUE AXIS BEING USED

Last edited by SG1_Lud; 05-19-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Closed Thread