1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 06-15-2014, 09:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
No, sorry. I was thinking of offering a hand with map making, particularly with Malta, but it sounds like they have plenty of folks already.
If you are a 3D-Artist/Modeler, please get in contact with them... they need 3D-Modelers urgently!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:00 AM
Approved Member

I for one is extremely happy to see the result of the many talented and passionate air sim aficionados'.
This is the pinnacle of air sim development! I supported Luthiers DCS project but it failed and will never live up to expectations. BoS is a complete failure with engine delivering fps 30 to 50% of what should be there, and now everything is a snow white sheet(!), it is simply based on an inadequate engine.
CoD failed economically but proved to be based on a sound and well written program that still can be developed and expanded. Good work!
If now only the "criminal" moders can merge all patches, including 5.0, into one and then bring them to the market in order to make some money I strongly believe that we can and will see the continuation of CoD for many years. A second option is not available, and never will be.
Master
Old 06-16-2014, 08:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
If now only the "criminal" moders can merge all patches, including 5.0, into one and then bring them to the market in order to make some money I strongly believe that we can and will see the continuation of CoD for many years.
I highly doubt that TF will get the chance to make some money or release anything officially... That would mean that 1C would have to release the source code and as long as BoS or any successor of it is in development that will not happen. Officialy, there is either Cliffs or BoS and atm. it looks like it will be BoS... Pitty but that`s how it is... and time will tell...
Old 06-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

BoS is a PoS in my eyes

Sorry for the corny pun, but BoS is not living up to my expectations as I expected improvement over CloD.