1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:25 AM

No Fw190s in a Battle of Moskau scenario
Old 05-15-2011, 09:36 AM

Thanks for the update and really pleased to hear you're all looking to the future and dealing with the present, especially that you're hiring more talent for your team to expedite the development of the game engine. Don't burn yourself or your team members out.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:58 AM
Tvrdi

not a word about AA, optimisations, external sounds......but like I said, time will tell.....few months reveals....the final truth
Old 05-15-2011, 10:07 AM

Thanks for the update..
Old 05-15-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
Lamb to the slaughter. Best of luck to him.

Thank you for the quick update.
Who knows? It could be Oleg?
Old 05-15-2011, 10:29 AM

Luthier, thanks man, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Remember, you lot are still the best!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by col123 View Post
I doubt the next patch will offer anything new or useful whatsoever to be honest!...
So your saying that they will release a patch that doesn't do anything useful?
Old 05-15-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
it looks so ugly and jaggie without proper FSAA?...
Ugly? Jaggies?

Old 05-15-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Not wishing to sound negative but this all sounds a bit played out, with Luthier offering (one is left only to assume are sincere words) reassuring promises leading up to the all important USA sales of COD makes me sceptical what is really going on at 1c...

Plus Luthier only confirms what we all know, that this game is a mess and was released in a 100% totally unacceptable and unfinished state!... plus not being able to resolve the most basic of expected game features such as the Full screen issue is a quite a disturbing revelation at such a late stage of the games 6 year development!!!....makes me wonder what else they are not capable of fixing...

my heart goes out to Luthier and one can only assume his tiny confused and struggling team now trying frantically to fix this game..but at the moment one cant help but think all he is offering are WORDS!...and desperate words at that, its a bit late for honesty from 1c.....i dont want to sound cynical but were was such honesty before we all parted with our cash?....no mention of the FSAA being a nightmare back then!..and lets be honest they knew it was broken back then so no excuses!..no wonder all their screen shots showed ugly jaggies!!!!!...and were is Oleg maddox?, what's happened to all his input that he was so happy to give and convey to the community over the years? where are so many things that are missing from this game? no mention of fixing the dreadful rubbish sounds yet or the crap campaign engine either,

I doubt the next patch will offer anything new or useful whatsoever to be honest! who needs MP when it looks so ugly and jaggie without proper FSAA?...this statement from Luthier sounds like nothing more than a last minute desperate promise before the floodgates are opened up to the USA market for them to stick with this game no matter what..yeh yeh we will see.... i am sceptical they will fix this game......we will find out after the USA sales where all this will take us!...i hope am wrong and many of you will say i am but i have my reservations about 1c's future commitment to this whole sad debacle of COD...and given their commitment to the community so far and Olegs silence on all this only reaffirms my doubts...

Seriously, give it a rest allredy.

Thx Luthier, keep up the good work and dont forget to a take a rest now and then ( u and team). Misstakes is more easily done when worn out.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
my heart goes out to Luthier and one can only assume his tiny confused and struggling team now trying frantically to fix this game..but at the moment one cant help but think all he is offering are WORDS!...and desperate words at that, its a bit late for honesty from 1c.....i dont want to sound cynical but were was such honesty before we all parted with our cash?....no mention of the FSAA being a nightmare back then!..and lets be honest they knew it was broken back then so no excuses!..no wonder all their screen shots showed ugly jaggies!!!!!...and were is Oleg maddox?, what's happened to all his input that he was so happy to give and convey to the community over the years? where are so many things that are missing from this game? no mention of fixing the dreadful rubbish sounds yet or the crap campaign engine either,
My thoughts exactly.