1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:18 PM

S!

ATI is looking into IL2 now and even with the bugs in drivers I have come very close to the FPS nVidia users get Maybe should start lobbying ATI to take a look in SoW. They have DirectX 11 certified hardware already and SoW is DX 11

To put it this way..If regurarly I run many other games without a glitch, namely Rise Of Flight, Aces High 2, Mass Effect 2, STALKER, Dawn Of War, EVE Online etc. and ONLY IL2 or SoW would cause me any kind of need to tweak or such..that should tell something and not very flattering in my book.

I will buy SoW to support flight sims anyway..and tinker to make it work if ATI supposedly does not look into SoW..which I think is not true.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:49 PM

S~!

Well good luck with that Flank ..... I am 42 and have better things to do with my time than to constantly tweak defective drivers for a game that is optimized for another card maker. Oleg has a longstanding relationship with NV .... whether we like it or not. NV cards run his games BETTER - and that couldn't be more evident with the latest drivers ATI is pumping out. That is not opinion...... but fact.

At some point you have to weigh whats best for you and the games you play.

There was a time when hardware was roughly equal in IL2.

That is no longer the case ..... regardless of what you "think" .... benchmarks don't lie ..... and your not that much more tech savvy then the rest of us regardless of what you try to 'insinuate'

Indeed there might 'gasp' be some people posting in this thread who own a computer business and consult/build/troubleshoot/optimize hardware/software for a living

Once you get to my age, tinkering loses its appeal. I just want things to WORK now.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:09 PM

S!

I have not stated being any tech savvier than anyone else, far from that. What I know is based on my experiences with computers. And not that far from your age either, so referring me as a teen is an insult actually

For me slight tinkering is not a bad thing, that way I learn more how things work. Blaming ATI having worse drivers than nVidia is utter BS in my opinion. There are no perfect drivers. nVidia pours out drivers now and then, but it does not mean quality. Neither does ATI's 1 per month. Too many configurations and systems to make everything click, so I find it worthless to debate of 2 brands making stuff making us able to play..

Benchmarks are crap. Take a benchmark, construct a set of drivers just for it and then show off the FPS. Hell yeah, so far from truth that anything can be. Joe Average is blinded by the tech mumbojumbo, flashy fps and buys the card and is soo disappointed when the marketing hype is going down the drain..I believe when I see with my own eyes.

So I would end this by saying that if feedback to ATI makes a difference, then this tinkering etc. has not been in vain. Pointless to bring up the fanboi mentality, both brands offer more than enough power for our needs. Just a matter of preference which one you use.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Hsqn Protos View Post
S~!

NV cards run his games BETTER - and that couldn't be more evident with the latest drivers ATI is pumping out. That is not opinion...... but fact.
I loled

We dont even know when the game will be finish, yet you're already saying that NV will be better....

If you look at game these days, both ATI and NV are quite the same, except if the develeoper take HAVOK or PHYSX.....

I really dont think we'll see a diffenrence in quality if the game is made in DX mode....

We got problem with ATi because of the OPENGL driver....

Anyway, wait and see
Old 02-16-2010, 11:34 PM

Hey Proto, been a long time man. I see you haven't changed!

What ATI card did you have before you changed? Did you upgrade your entire PC? Are all things exactly equal here?

Because your claims are complete BS man. If you had a card on the same level as your GTX275, it would have been an ATI 5870 or maybe a 4890. Otherwise, you are not comparing apples to apples here.

Guys with 5870's are getting very close to same fps at the 280's are IF all things are equal. Which they likely are not.

ATI's AA settings are way different than Nvidias as well as the quality. To get two games set up exactly alike would be tough because the AA settings alone just do not match up.

So, lets just get off the fanboy wagon here(I am one, I know it) and get back to the topic.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:51 PM

LOL

EXACTLY the same system and if you actually read the post you would see what the hardware was.

It was a 4850X2 2gigabyte card water-cooled and overclock to 4890+ clocks. 3D vantage scores are within a couple of hundred points of each other with the 275GTX

The lack of knowledge in here is stunning.... and for the record its my first NV card in almost 10 years..... was straight ATI since day one in this game.

Make it personal ......... but as the young pups say the facts are raping your faces

The only fanboy wagon, is the one you fellas are riding, owned both and benchmarked both which is more than anyone else in this thread can say. Orb results available if necessary.

But hey I got love ..... just make sure to post those new ATI drivers that will fix text corruption, close the memory leak in 9.x & 10.x drivers AND will give EQUAL frames for same IQ ...... LoooooooooooooooooooooL

Loyalty to people is good. Loyalty to companies is for idiots.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:44 AM

Sorry, but I still dont see where you posted your card. I must be missing a post or something.

Glad you found something you are happy with. Your right, Nvidia is perfect in every way and ati is the devil. Thanks for your contribution to this thread.

You are 100% correct in all aspects.

Thank you and sorry for my blaring ignorance Sir.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:16 AM

S~!

Its all good. Ignorance is Bliss. Sir.

Looking forward to those new drivers.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:49 AM

S!

Protos, maybe you should cool down a bit. My cards have been both ATI and nVidia, since day one or whatever you refer to. And I can say this 5870HD rapes the face of my previous 280GTX bar none. ONLY game where nVidia has been even close challenging this card or even topping it is..tadaaaaa..IL-2. So cut the crap and stop saying your 275GTX beats my ATI. And that is a FACT. Do not need to be a fanboi even to state it

As of the drivers. 10.1's have no memory leak. Before they had as you said, no arguments there. Was easily spotted when trying to build a mission in the FMB, the game crashed after a while. Now nothing, zilch, nada! It works like it should. IL-2 is an old game, nearly 10 years and it shows. If ATI is looking into the driver issue and IL-2 bug it is a good thing, a benefit for all.

I do not test and tinker IL-2 with ATI to promote myself or prove something. Just to provide information what makes what if changed in settings. Those with knowledge of the internal workings of IL-2 like TD or MG MIGHT read this msgboard and take a look and possibly even do something about it.

It would be very nice of you if you stopped spewing the nVidia stuff in a thread supposed to give hints and tips for ATI users. And if you are such a guru with ATI, since day one, then maybe you could contribute as well rather than poop out nVidia supermacy or propaganda. It serves no-one.

So back on track here...Testing and seeing what does what
Old 02-17-2010, 09:30 AM

S!

And just for Protos as you said benchmarks do not lie. A link to Guru3D that tested the cards on similar system to achieve results. Numbers speak for themselves I think. Fermi will for sure change the listing, it is a neverending story of fluctuation. But here the link http://www.guru3d.com/article/vga-ch...ecember-2009/1