1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 02-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanator21 View Post
Good to hear Caspar, thank you.

Icefire, I have everything set to the highest level. Only landscape is down low. It saves a load on FPS and almost looks the same as Excellent from 1000+ meters.

I can't imagine why object detail settings should affect the canopy of the Yak after taking some damage anyway. It should either be there, or it shouldn't - not disappearing in the middle of a fight.

However, it is only a minor issue, relatively.
I think that the damaged Yak canopy bug has been there since the first IL-2 was released. It would be nice to see it finally fixed.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6
Old 02-27-2011, 04:07 AM
Approved Member

EDIT: never mind. I discovered my error after posting this.

Last edited by Aardvark892; 02-27-2011 at 05:17 AM. Reason: I didn't look closely enough
Old 02-27-2011, 04:32 AM
Approved Member

Two out of 10 squad members can receive the NDB's but not the YE carrier beacons. I think all have added the "Send code as Text" change to the conf.ini file. Anyone have an idea what we can do? We have tried updating the 4.101 with same result. Can we delete a folder before update that might fix this?
Thanks,
45th Texas
Old 02-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Approved Member

A bit late, but here is my report from 4.10:
http://web.ncf.ca/ee555/4.10reportforTD.pdf

I believe one item has been fixed in the new patch, but most remain (also has a couple of minor suggestions).

S!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Approved Member

I flew some japanese fighters on the Solomon Island map in the Quick mission editor on Axis side scramble missions.
After switching the map to Smolensk and changing the aircraft to Bf-109F-4 the fighter plane retained red sun roundel markings instead of the Balkenkreuz in-game.
(After changing to Allied side, and another plane, starting the flight, and back again to previous settings the Balkenkreuz retuned to normal inside of Il2-engine.)

-------------
Thanks for your combined effort, TD. Il-2 in all its iterations has been uninterrupted on my harddrive since the first demo. A year ago I thought that I finally should deinstall it until I get a fast enough computer with Il-2:COD. But your patch 4.10 convinced me that there is still more life in it.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

I'd like to request someone have a look at manual prop pitch on 109e's and 109's in general. According to the manual for a 109e, the manual prop pitch setting should be set to 11.45 on the clock on the instrument panel for takeoff. Ingame if set on manual setting to 11.45 the plane at 110% throttle does not gain much speed or ever take off but if set to 12.00 (at finer prop pitch!) it rapidly accelerates and takes off as it should. This is crazy. From the G6 flight manual it is recommended to switch to manual setting and set it to 11.30 for landing, it is possible that all 109's were landed this way in real life, including the k's.
At the moment the way prop pitch works is something of a mystery, so explanation at least for the inconsistency of the e's, even if it cannot be fixed?
Old 02-28-2011, 03:20 PM

Where do you have your information from?

12 on the clock is the correct value, not 11:45.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Approved Member

Where do you have your information from?

Er, short answer don't know. It was something that I read sometime back and can't remember where or what it was, but it was obviously wrong. I just checked the 109e manual and it confirms what you say that 12.00 is the right setting for takeoff and landing. So apologies to all and humble pie for me. Now I'll have to find out where I got that idea from. All the best.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:08 PM

Old bug - on many planes still parked on the ground, the vertical speed indicator shows a slight descent. This has a big effect on cruise - one often finds himself climbing the whole time...
Old 02-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanator21 View Post
Old bug - on many planes still parked on the ground, the vertical speed indicator shows a slight descent. This has a big effect on cruise - one often finds himself climbing the whole time...
+1 and the slip indicator ball does not function properly on many aircraft which feature it. I.e to turn you should need to "step on the ball", to coordinate the turn, but this produces unpredictable results sometimes.