1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 05-16-2011, 06:17 AM
Scarecrow Scarecrow is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 66
Default

Enough with apologies. The cretins making all the noise don't want your apologies they just want to destroy your product/livelyhood/life. Even if the release had been flawless they would have found something to criticise as I guess you didn't make their plane/ammo uber enough in 1946 or maybe the IL2 series was to much of a success for their liking and they have taken it upon themselves to knock you down a notch for your impertenance. Don't bother apologising as the only thing they want is you on your knees in a gutter begging for spare change, they are not even interested in the game and the future of flightsims.

I feel sorry for you having to bow and scrape for the approval of a bunch of (insert expletive here).
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 05-16-2011, 06:49 AM
Flying_Nutcase Flying_Nutcase is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 112
Default

It's good of you to check in. Much appreciated and good luck with progress.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 05-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Langnasen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger27 View Post
Originally Posted by carguy_ View Post
Thank you for the information. Community manager is something I`d welcome, especially when we have some trolls here posting about 1C aborting the project. Posting few words from time to time will prove them wrong.



No your point was to stir up trouble as usual, have you apologised yet for the lie you told about the game being dumped, your always big on honesty and expecting apologies from the devs in your posts, so how about you lead the way?
You're wrong, my post was not intended to "cause trouble", it was intended to get a reaction. An appropriate reaction. Comms from the devs. And there were no "lies" told. Unless you'd like to prove me wrong with a quote? Hmm? Easy word to throw around Tiger. But even if I had "lied", it wouldn't be the biggest "lie" around here, would it.

Complete silence from the devs, even after people had posted messages about it, that got me riled up. I figured a post summising the game had been dumped might get somebody's attention, and it did. You may be comfortable being ignored under these sorts of circumstances, but me and a whole bunch of other people ARE NOT.

And Luthier is in agreement, so save your whining Tiger.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 05-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Langnasen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
Enough with apologies. The cretins making all the noise don't want your apologies they just want to destroy your product/livelyhood/life. Even if the release had been flawless they would have found something to criticise as I guess you didn't make their plane/ammo uber enough in 1946 or maybe the IL2 series was to much of a success for their liking and they have taken it upon themselves to knock you down a notch for your impertenance. Don't bother apologising as the only thing they want is you on your knees in a gutter begging for spare change, they are not even interested in the game and the future of flightsims.

I feel sorry for you having to bow and scrape for the approval of a bunch of (insert expletive here).
If this game ever reaches the promise of its potential it'll get the same support from me (at least) that I've given OFF over the last few years. That of being the best sim since RB2-3D.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 05-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Boogz Boogz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langnasen View Post
You're wrong, my post was not intended to "cause trouble", it was intended to get a reaction. An appropriate reaction. Comms from the devs. And there were no "lies" told. Unless you'd like to prove me wrong with a quote? Hmm? Easy word to throw around Tiger. But even if I had "lied", it wouldn't be the biggest "lie" around here, would it.

Complete silence from the devs, even after people had posted messages about it, that got me riled up. I figured a post summising the game had been dumped might get somebody's attention, and it did. You may be comfortable being ignored under these sorts of circumstances, but me and a whole bunch of other people ARE NOT.

And Luthier is in agreement, so save your whining Tiger.
Werner, how are you doing up there? Bit windy on the top, isnt it? But do not despair, you standing firm in your lonely battle to give us, the lesser people, a game that we some day may be able to enjoy is most highly appreciated. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 05-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Langnasen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogz View Post
Werner, how are you doing up there? Bit windy on the top, isnt it? But do not despair, you standing firm in your lonely battle to give us, the lesser people, a game that we some day may be able to enjoy is most highly appreciated. Thank you!
You're welcome.

If it wasn't for the complainers we wouldn't have had a single patch, the devs would be sitting back counting their money while the purchasing public was cooing at how good-looking the slideshow was.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 05-16-2011, 09:29 AM
SEE SEE is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langnasen View Post
You're welcome.

If it wasn't for the complainers we wouldn't have had a single patch, the devs would be sitting back counting their money while the purchasing public was cooing at how good-looking the slideshow was.


You are kidding?.......'testing and evaluation' plays a greater part in driving improvements! Everyone who gave constructive feedback to the devs deserves credit. Show me a single thread regards 'how cool the game looks as a slideshow' and your perception of the Developers is pretty insulting........
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 05-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Langnasen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
You are kidding?.......'testing and evaluation' plays a greater part in driving improvements! Everyone who gave constructive feedback to the devs deserves credit. Show me a single thread regards 'how cool the game looks as a slideshow' and your perception of the Developers is pretty insulting........
Yeah, I'm kidding...kind of. That's why there's a laughing smiley on the end of the sentence.

The point has a point...if there had not been bitter criticism of this game do you think there would have been such a concerted effort from the devs? If there was not continued bitter criticism do you think the devs would still be as commited? Take a hint from Human Nature 101 mate.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 05-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Boogz Boogz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langnasen View Post
The obvious was clearly over some peoples' heads though, wasn't it.
Above qoute springs to mind (fyi my post was 100 per cent ironic).
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 05-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Tiger27 Tiger27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langnasen View Post
You're wrong, my post was not intended to "cause trouble", it was intended to get a reaction. An appropriate reaction. Comms from the devs. And there were no "lies" told. Unless you'd like to prove me wrong with a quote? Hmm? Easy word to throw around Tiger. But even if I had "lied", it wouldn't be the biggest "lie" around here, would it.

Complete silence from the devs, even after people had posted messages about it, that got me riled up. I figured a post summising the game had been dumped might get somebody's attention, and it did. You may be comfortable being ignored under these sorts of circumstances, but me and a whole bunch of other people ARE NOT.

And Luthier is in agreement, so save your whining Tiger.
Do you even read what you post or do you just let it dribble out without thought, heres your quote.

Oh just to remind you, the title of your thread was "So the games been dumped."

Now I dont see a question mark in your title, sounds more like a statement to me, your op didnt do anything to change that opinion either,
"Didn't take long, did it. About four weeks was it? Another notch on Ubi's barrel. Shame, there were a few days there when it looked like the devs almost had it cracked."

Of course it would get a reaction, its was a blatant lie as the game hasn't been dumped as you cleary stated in the title.

You do realise there are many other people that asked for the devs to give us some information, without resorting to the rubbish you post, its not that what you request is always wrong it's the way you go about it, we all know the game needs fixing but for some reason you seem to think you are some internet superhero fighting against injustice in the gaming world, thanks for your help, but no thanks.

Anyway, you have your quote, oh by the way, whining is when you carry on about something over and over, you should know about that Werner/Langnasen.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:09 AM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.