1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnot View Post
Thanks for the info luthier!

About time to get a community manager to babysit this nuthouse. I'd also appereciate if mods would keep the trolls in bay by just deleting the posts, because it gets ridiculous reading the same whines and rants for almost two months in a row.

We all know that loads of stuff needs to be added and fixed and we'll possibly even get someone to keep us up-to-date about the progress. But for f*cks sake STFU already on the "It wasn't a finished product, have shelved it, feel cheated, not enough fun, want money back, big stutters" -threads and posts!!!11one

It's yesterday's news! Everyone knows them after 30498309 repeats and everything useful is buried under whiners rants and even decent threads go under because of it. Just make a sticky of acknowledging the issues and ban everyone crying after their loss of faith in humanity because of CloD. And then simply ban everyone for not voicing the issues in a constructive manner!

This is my rant on rants and will prolly get me in trouble, but my cry-whine detector exploded and I couldn't help it. My hat goes off to rest of you who try to keep a civil discussion with the trolls and other whinos without resorting to name calling.
But I think they're a bunch of whining maggots that should crawl under their blankets and continue their cries there, as I don't think another 8 weeks of it here @ 1c forum will be enough to dry your eyes. We all know you're upset, enough already!
+1

God help the poor soul who takes on the managers post.......

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 05-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langnasen View Post
If there was not continued bitter criticism do you think the devs would still be as commited? Take a hint from Human Nature 101 mate.
Absolutely there would be. The game plan is and always has been to use the core code as the basis for a long series of add ons. Its a business model that overcomes the shortcomings of flight simulations in general.. narrow customer base and HUGE development times.
XFX 6970 Video Card
Win7 64 Bit Home Ed
ATI 12.3 Driver Package
WD Caviar 7600 RPM HDD
ATI CCC at DEFAULT settings
Old 05-16-2011, 06:56 PM

Thank you guys for all your hard work!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:17 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
The current build we have did address the multiplayer issues, thanks in no small part to the help of the dedicated server hosts. Obviously MP is a larger priority than the full-screen mode. If by the end of the day Tuesday we still haven't solved the full screen issue, we will most likely release the patch anyway just so you guys can have stable reliable MP experience, and add the full-screen fix at a later time.
Thanks for the update. I do appreciate atleast knowing what's going on. What exactly is this full screen thing? As far as I know my game runs in full screen (at least I think it does). Are some people's games running in a window or something or is what my game doing not "full screen" and I just don't realize it? I keep seeing this and don't understand what it is exactly.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

Mods can you open a single thread where Luthier posts as a " Read only". So the folks that have time only for the " News" can avoid all the "editorials " ?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer View Post
Mods can you open a single thread where Luthier posts as a " Read only". So the folks that have time only for the " News" can avoid all the "editorials " ?
This would be a good idea actually, a "latest update" thread, that luthier can update with news.

It'll also be a good archive for the team to go back over at a later date, too.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
You're wrong, my post was not intended to "cause trouble", it was intended to get a reaction. An appropriate reaction. Comms from the devs. And there were no "lies" told. Unless you'd like to prove me wrong with a quote? Hmm? Easy word to throw around Tiger. But even if I had "lied", it wouldn't be the biggest "lie" around here, would it.

Complete silence from the devs, even after people had posted messages about it, that got me riled up. I figured a post summising the game had been dumped might get somebody's attention, and it did. You may be comfortable being ignored under these sorts of circumstances, but me and a whole bunch of other people ARE NOT.

And Luthier is in agreement, so save your whining Tiger.
Wernervoss, you really are pathologically ill. God riddance.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer View Post
+1 This would be a very sensible idea.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG14_Jagr View Post
Absolutely there would be. The game plan is and always has been to use the core code as the basis for a long series of add ons. Its a business model that overcomes the shortcomings of flight simulations in general.. narrow customer base and HUGE development times.

I wish more people would understand this but it's all about the me I guess.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Yes. So please, quit whining Tiger.

And as already pointed out as obvious, the post was intended to provoke, not deceive. Obviously. Therefore not a lie. Obviously.
You asked for a quote proving you were lying, you were given the quote and now come back with some rubbish about your intent to provoke being obvious, therefore not a lie. Sorry but that is total BS, obviously