1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
I must say it's interesting how every status update initially is greeted with thanks and encouragement, but somehow it always finds a way to turn into a "good job" versus "awful job" epic battle of flaming and trolling after only a few days. The essence of the original post is now only a battlefield riddled with craters and burning wrecks and bodies that are now rotting and stinking the place up.

Anyone agree?
+1

anything past page 3 is probably not worth reading (yes I know, I'm here, I jump to the last page to see if there's any closing news). Its Luthier's update. Its not a mods request (plenty of threads for that) or an e-peening arena. But it will always be like that.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 05-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisv View Post
Thanks Luthier, can't wait for the 24th !
Hmmm 15th = Sunday, 'Tuesday' = 17th ? Fingers crossed.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 05-17-2011, 07:20 AM
Approved Member

Its eight days left to America release. If i were trying to get a bug-free game released i would start throwing beta patches like crazy at the same time i would arrange some kind of bug reporting site. They have really shot themselves in the foot when they try to get consistent information from random people in random posts at a forum.
Maybe they got some better idea in the works that we don't know of. As long as we get a nice America release we should all be happy. I hope a lot of people will by the game at release.
I'm really looking forward to some new content and working multi-player!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langnasen View Post
You're wrong, my post was not intended to "cause trouble", it was intended to get a reaction. An appropriate reaction. Comms from the devs. And there were no "lies" told. Unless you'd like to prove me wrong with a quote? Hmm? Easy word to throw around Tiger. But even if I had "lied", it wouldn't be the biggest "lie" around here, would it.

Complete silence from the devs, even after people had posted messages about it, that got me riled up. I figured a post summising the game had been dumped might get somebody's attention, and it did. You may be comfortable being ignored under these sorts of circumstances, but me and a whole bunch of other people ARE NOT.

And Luthier is in agreement, so save your whining Tiger.

A man who believes his own hype. ROLF.

Luthier was probably being more polite than anything. Your attempt to elicit a response from the team didn't cause them to respond to you except to stave off further infighting within the community. In fighting that you caused. In other words they were stamping out the little fire you started. Baby sitting? Yeah. That fits. They were baby sitting the likes of you.

That's all right. Keep building your castle in the sky. It must look pretty nice from where you sit. Too bad it's just a delusion. If any of your criticisms had ever been constructive you'd be an asset to the community, but I've not read one. Believe what you will, but the reality is that you are a troll...... here and at Sim HQ.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Hi everyone,

As I see, there are plenty of wild rumors circulating on these forums, and of course it's completely our fault. I myself simply cannot spend enough time posting on these forums, as I work 10-12 hour days 7 days a week and barely have time to sit down. I feel the weight of my failure to interact with the community daily, but all I have time for is browsing the forums, not actually posting.

We are however in the process of creating a full-time community manager position and setting up an old team member who will interact with you guys daily, answer questions, and keep you up to date on all events.

Otherwise, the work on the patch continues. The true full-screen mode has been a nightmare from hell. It still does not work properly. Every once in a while, after you hit Esc to go to the menu from inside the game, the game will go into the background and require you to alt-tab to you. And while it may seem like a pretty minor thing to most of you, after everything you've already lived through, it's still bad practice and annoying and we always feel like we're 'this' close to solving it.

The current build we have did address the multiplayer issues, thanks in no small part to the help of the dedicated server hosts. Obviously MP is a larger priority than the full-screen mode. If by the end of the day Tuesday we still haven't solved the full screen issue, we will most likely release the patch anyway just so you guys can have stable reliable MP experience, and add the full-screen fix at a later time.

We are also hard at work on some larger game components. We are also hiring, with quite a few new openings posted recently for our Moscow office. We already have a new team member, an experienced AI programmer, reworking our plane AI code and voice comms, and we are working to expand and improve our team during the coming weeks to make sure we can roll out better more well-rounded updates quicker. We are also hard at work on FM changes and improvements, redesigning GUI to make it more user-friendly, and creating new variants of existing aircraft.

Those team members not hard at work on improving CoD have also been working on new content for a new project for quite some time. We've posted a teaser in our V-E day post. Just to state again, work on that project is specifically designed not to interfere with our CoD support.

Most importantly, please don't take the frequency of my visits as an indication of anything right now. As a matter of fact, if you see me here posting a lot, that's the best clue that we are NOT working as hard as we should. All of us at 1C:Maddox Games, 1C Softclub, and Ubisoft, are fully committed to the game and to the series, and like we always said, we will continue to support it with patches, add-ons and sequels in the coming months and years.
i have quiet, solid faith that you and your team will shape a masterpiece as envisioned all along.

but, i must ask, always be on the side of "real", or "accurate", as you can get on the hardware vs performance scales.

please dont dumb things down for the legion of console minded kiddies who want a shoot-em-up.

its a simulator, if i want console games ill go buy something with Mario in it.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:55 AM
602Sqn.McLean

It's nearly 'the end of the day' Tuesday. Will that patch arrive. Unfortunately it's well and truly the end of tuesday for me. I'm off to bed. Will be looking here first thing in the morning before work to see.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 602Sqn.McLean View Post
It's nearly 'the end of the day' Tuesday. Will that patch arrive. Unfortunately it's well and truly the end of tuesday for me. I'm off to bed. Will be looking here first thing in the morning before work to see.

Moscow time is 16.15, most patches has been out 19.00-22.00 moscow time.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:46 PM

Does this mean the patch will be released today (Tuesday) so we have time to test it/report back?

Or does Luth mean that they will give it till Tuesday to sort out 'fullscreen' but if not they will shelf it for now so they can concentrate on MP to get it fixed for Friday?

?

EDIT.. just read the above post, so hopefully today then
Old 05-17-2011, 01:16 PM

Thanks for the update please keep them coming Iam really impressed by the way the guys are working hard on our behalf to get this game sorted out.I have been enjoying it as it is but yes much more needs to be done but Iam sure they will get there
Old 05-17-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankkis View Post
Moscow time is 16.15, most patches has been out 19.00-22.00 moscow time.
Now im getting worried