1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 04-06-2011, 10:12 AM

I'm not a troll. You just don't like what I have to say.

Quote:
Sorry, but you really have no idea about what you are talking about.
Of course I don't. (Except I do, and I'm a developer).

Quote:
So wop graphics are realistic!!!!!!!!!! what drugs have you been taking.
*facepalm*

Did you read anything I wrote? Forget it all, I can't be bothered communicating to a series of brick walls.

Last edited by Eizon; 04-06-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Approved Member

I'm a brick wall!!! I stated that these games are attempting two different outcomes clod realism and wop atmosphere.

If your a developer you really need to understand that clod is accessing much more data than wop, I just don't think you can realistically compare the two.

I am not a fan boy I have not stated that clod is superior just that they are different.

Based on what you have said I would never have guessed that you are a developer, not trying to insult you but your logic defies common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 04-06-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
I'm a brick wall!!! I stated that these games are attempting two different outcomes clod realism and wop atmosphere.

If your a developer you really need to understand that clod is accessing much more data than wop, I just don't think you can realistically compare the two.

I am not a fan boy I have not stated that clod is superior just that they are different.

Based on what you have said I would never have guessed that you are a developer, not trying to insult you but your logic defies common sense.
+1
Old 04-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniël View Post
Do I see a "foo fighter" there, near the landing gear of the Stuka?

See this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighter
Ki-51 more like
Old 04-06-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:

Ok, I have just one more thing to say to try to get my point across, then I'm done.

All of the (incredible) simulation aspects of CloD - the FM, DM, CEM, clickable cockpits, this is all code that runs on the CPU. It's independent of the graphics rendering engine.

The graphics rendering runs on the GPU. The code is largely independent of those other things above. That is why I'm saying, you CAN compare the graphics and graphical performance, despite CloD being a much more complicated sim in other aspects not related to graphics.

You are excusing the poor performance of the sim compared to WoP because the game is more complex. The complexity of the sim is only an excuse for the poor graphics engine, in so much as more development time has been spent on other aspects. Which is why I said "lack of resource/experience in the graphics". Please tell me you follow this? Or will I just get another "troll/idiot" response?
Old 04-06-2011, 11:29 AM

I always thought in CoD a wing would brake off in a straight line fashion. Now look at this. This is how my plane broke up after a low altitude flat spin from which i luckily survived. I hope that sometime in the future we will be able to climb out of the plane and inspect the damage FP from nearby. Stunning damage model!

Last edited by Koyan; 04-06-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

If you were to compare a model from wop to clod you will see which one wins... Yet again I will state it's the art direction not the graphics. I prefer the realistic clod and you find wop appealing, don't confuse graphics and artistic direction.

http://img832.imageshack.us/i/launch...4022019130.jpg

Quote:
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 04-06-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
If you were to compare a model from wop to clod you will see which one wins... Yet again I will state it's the art direction not the graphics. I prefer the realistic clod and you find wop appealing, don't confuse graphics and artistic direction.

http://img832.imageshack.us/i/launch...4022019130.jpg
The graphics are obviously comparable, which is why we are disagreeing. And I do, overall, think WoP looks much more polished because of the effects (you know, shader effects, perspiration on windows, motion blurring).

But my original point wasn't really that I wish CloD had the same art direction, or even prettier graphics. I actually don't care so much about the graphics. It was that WoP does it without breaking any kind of sweat - max everything on full resolution. Look at that screenshot - detailed lighting and shader effects, clouds, plenty of trees, plenty of buildings.

We are talking about graphics rendering performance, and WoP is clearly much better coded in that department. So my original ponit - I wish the guys behind WoP were helping out with CloD graphics engine, because they sorely need it. That is all. I'm not asking for CloD to look like a movie, but it should run about as fast as WoP because the GPU shouldn't have a whole lot more to do.

I know I was said I was done, but I have a serious lack of discipline right now in not entering pointless debates.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

Well in that case I revert back to what I said before wait for the patch this Friday and compare then.

Motion blur is speculative some like it some hate it and from what I recall I would say the shadows in clod blast wop out of the water, but I will have another look before confirming this

Quote:

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 04-06-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Well in that case I revert back to what I said before wait for the patch this Friday and compare then.
Fair enough.