1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 02-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

Default 501 SQN Hurricane Campaign

A 26 mission historical campaign following 501 sqn through it's time at Gravesend, 25th July to 10th Sept
Includes sqn skins to create a slightly motely collection

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?...atid=4&cid=262

enjoy
Old 02-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

I smashed a Tiger Moth right in the face on my first mission trying to catch up with the lads

Besides that, this looks like good stuff.

/parachuteOden

Could you post install instructions in this thread, I don't have word so I couldn't read the document but I edited campaigns.ini to:
[Main]
campaign_gb
campaign_de
campaign_501

[campaign_gb]
folder campaign_gb
title Cliffs Of Dover
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_de]
folder campaign_de
title Adler Angriff
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_501]
folder campaign_501
title Cliffs Of Dover
image campaign.bmp

It works but I might have missed something else.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

[Main]
campaign_gb
campaign_de
campaign_501

[campaign_gb]
folder campaign_gb
title Cliffs Of Dover
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_de]
folder campaign_de
title Adler Angriff
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_501]
folder campaign_501
title campaign_501
image waiting.bmp

re Tiger Moth in the face- i did make it close- ******* trainee pilots
actually they've always flown ~50 ft below on every test flight, but i've always caught up by then(mind you i've put in alot of hours in the Hurri building this )

Without giving the plot away i have tried to create a couple of 'oh ****' moments throughout the campaign (just to keep you on your toes).
Feedback as to if you think i've been too 'sadistic' welcome
Old 02-21-2012, 06:57 PM

I will try this out for sure! Thanks for sharing it.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Nice 1 cheers bud.

Cheese
Old 02-22-2012, 03:09 PM

FANTASTIC !

Great work mate,

Only 3 missions done so far...but obvious that lots of effort, thought and time has gone into this...at last a reason to play COD !

I'm now looking at your missions in the FMB to copy your scripts...so now I've put them into my own Hurricane campaign that i'm working on! ( 43 Sqdn)

Then went back and tested your script in my campaign for success/fail for missions and it works!! How many months have I been trying to work that out?!?! arrrgghhh simple when you know how !!!

Just to help me further -

how did you do the mass taxi and take off in the first mission?

and 2nd mission, how do you get all the Hurris on the runway at the same time?

Will play a few more missions later tonight !

Then study your missions again !

I always get skinners to do my paintschemes...I don't have the time or skill!

Huge thanks

Simon
Old 02-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

Stiboo, the fact you rate it is some of the highest praise, your mosquito legends rates as one of the best ever IL2 campaigns ever imho.

First mission- tick spawn parked
2nd mission(and rest) are 'standard' CoD takeoffs.

everything in my campaigns script wise is culled from others- mainly Df_Lion's Ju88 campaign. Banged my head against a brickwall too for ages till it 'clicked' how the braces separate each part of the script- then it's possible to chop bits from other scripts in. Can't praise notepad++ enough for it's ability to 'pair braces'

One thing you might want to look at if you're trawling thru fmb is the skill levels, visibility dist in particular

Skins- i'd never tried one before either, but tried one using a template and as i only really stuck on the codes/serials and added a few tweaks to make things a bit varied, well 1 became 17
Old 02-22-2012, 04:48 PM

Yes - Mosquito Legends! seems an age ago that I made that!

and it didn't take too long to make as not many aircraft on lots of the missions! My B17 camapign ' Hells Angels' was the toughest...trying to keep a load of forts together in combat formation was hell...

I was lucky to take 18 months off work after a job finished so I was able to knock out a few campaigns....back in the 9-5 life now...time is the great enemy!

Any way...

Thanks for the tips, I will experiment with spawn parked and skill levels! I've also been in contact with DFLion about all this...he's got computer probs at the moment so he's grounded for a bit !

The other thing in the FMB 'doing my nut' is to get sounds to work in mission briefings...i've downloaded lots of wartime music, Churchill speeches and newsreel sounds to use and can make them work fine in single missions ( as .wav files ) but cannot make the sounds play in a campaign...I think it's because single missions are stored in the C:\...1C SoftClub folder and campaigns in the STEAM folder... I've tried dozens of combinations of locations and file name paths in the FMB...but no bloody luck!

If we could just get all the info we need on the FMB it would encourage me more to get on with it..

Have you got an idea for your next campaign?

Cheers

Simon
Old 02-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, saw your comments about sounds, i was having thoughts myself about SayToGroup commands to insert speech into missions, possibly 'borrowing' Compan's 32sqn speech- then i realised BoM would be out before i got it done
Sound is something else to add to the mix to try and create some 'atmosphere'.- certainly an area for 'experimentation'.

Next campaign?
no idea atm, a follow up 501 at Kenley gets problematical as most combats were over 20k,
if radio aids were working a KG100 appeals in a sadistic kind of way
'Spitfire on my tail' might work as a story?
sort of wondering what the 'miracle patch' will allow.

...or go totally mad and do "Blackadder V- Blenheim B**** up"
Old 02-23-2012, 10:29 PM

He He! Blackadder v !

If and when I ever get 43 Sqdn 'Glory Is The End' finished I think it will be back to 'reach for the sky' and re-tell the Douglas Bader story...we might have the 109F from BoM as well by then for the 1941 bit...but no Spit Vb..

and then may be Galland's story...

Yes can't wait for the next patch..and when are they going to allow fans to build 3rd party maps and aircraft..thought that was all going to be part of COD?!?!

Got a couple more 501 Sqdn missions under my belt last night... you seem to design missions just as I would..chased those Stukas all the way to France and got pounced on by 109s! ...had to crash dive to 'nought feet' to get away...never had to push the poor Hurri so hard! Those 109s are looking a bit too clean and polished though !!

cheers

Si