1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 12-30-2012, 09:00 AM

Excuse me if it has already been answered, but I'd ask if anybody knows how to get mods to work, once using the W8 trick (which works just fine here, by the way).
Thanks in advance!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Approved Member

CloDer works very well..but..I had to exit Trend Micro which say CloDr.exe has a Trojan. I clicked DloDer.exe in common\Il2-strurmovik cliffs of dover and it launched nicely. It does not open from the desktop icon for me. I went back to C drive etc and clicked CloDer.exe and CoD opened nicely. FYI..I show you mine etc etc
Old 12-31-2012, 09:26 PM

I "fixed" the issue with Mcafee vírus detection disabling active protection. So antivírus is still working, but dont block CLODER.DLL. Verify your antivírus program to check if there is a option to avoid advanced detection.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:18 PM
Approved Member

Thought I nailed it but Trend Micro is nailing me. I will try to contact them. Adding CloDer.exe to exception list does not work. Nuts!! I was so happy to be back in my Bf 110.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:08 AM

Default Windows 8 Fix works - but some control problems

Hi,

thanks a lot for the Windws 8 Fix. ClOD now works on my PC.

One problem remains: while the joystick is working fine, other controls (e.f. ctrl-E for bailing out) are not working. Changes to the control settings are accepted and stored by the program, but show no effect when flying.

Can somebody help? Thanks!

Jochen1212
Old 01-05-2013, 12:58 AM
Approved Member

I redid my settings profile today. Thanks to "logon software" I was able to launch CoD and get into my Bf 110 but controls did not work. I installed 8 a few days ago and it has affected RoF as well on my PC. The settings had lost specific attachment to my joystick and it was a simple matter to reset it.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stndbfrgrn View Post
Excuse me if it has already been answered, but I'd ask if anybody knows how to get mods to work, once using the W8 trick (which works just fine here, by the way).
Thanks in advance!
Anyone?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:41 PM

Default Can't get it to work

Copied both files across and when I run the required file it says that it cannot locate the dll file. Tearing my hair out as I just received my new fully speced up alienware x51 and the god damn game won't work. Really cheesed off. I really wish company's would test software with other software before they release stuff quick to take your money but not willing to support. Rant over, can any one please helpe get it working as I have followed the read me file and its still not working. Thanks
Old 01-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Approved Member

Hi Meagachilli

I’d like to help if I can, but I’d need to know a bit more about what is not working. No need to get cheesed off – this game was written long before Win8 was released, and the problem is a simple security issue that is circumvented by sYk0’s loader. There won’t be any fix from the developers as they no longer exist, so your ‘rant’ won’t be heard

Did all the files extract correctly? Some AV’s detect the modified dll as a possible Trojan – MSE correctly didn’t. You only need two files from the archive; ‘CloDer.dll’ and ‘CloDer.exe’, and they should placed be in the same folder. For convenience mine are in the same folder as the ‘Launcher.exe’, but this isn’t necessary if you would prefer them elsewhere. Steam needs to be running (obviously), and then you click on ‘CloDer.exe’ to launch the game, not the shortcut in Steam. Apparently some AV’s prevent this, so you may need to add the files to your AV’s exclusion list (again, MSE had no problem with them).

We can do this by PM if you would prefer, but solving it here may benefit someone else.

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
Old 01-31-2013, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

So this fix is all I need to run CoD with Windows 8?
Nothing else?
Ben