1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 04-18-2011, 05:42 PM

Default Cannot play tracks

So i go to extras>tracks>select and after pressing select noting happens game just freezes for a second and thats it. Any ideas?
Also i should point out that it was working in initial release without patches or mods.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Approved Member

I get exactly the same problem. No tracks are listed. The dialog which is supposed to appear to let you choose tracks does not appear.
nvidia gt240 1mb with latest drivers
Old 04-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Approved Member

Default Problem Fixed - can now play tracks

I have worked out what was stopping the track selection dialog from displaying.

The applications which hosts IL2 COD - Launcher.exe was not being run with administrative privileges on my PC, and this was preventing the dialog from displaying.

After right clicking on Launcher.exe, selecting the properties menu option, and then switching to the compatibility tab and checking the 'Run This Program as an Administrator' option, the Track Selection dialog displays and you are able to select and play tracks.

The tracks re very impressive
Old 04-19-2011, 04:08 PM

Same problem here. I know they are there in Steam/CoD folder but nothing happens.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg View Post
I have worked out what was stopping the track selection dialog from displaying.

The applications which hosts IL2 COD - Launcher.exe was not being run with administrative privileges on my PC, and this was preventing the dialog from displaying.

After right clicking on Launcher.exe, selecting the properties menu option, and then switching to the compatibility tab and checking the 'Run This Program as an Administrator' option, the Track Selection dialog displays and you are able to select and play tracks.

The tracks re very impressive

Didnt work for me.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Odd, I get that problem already when pressing "start recording". Menu just freezes and nothing happens anymore.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Further update
---------------

- In Addition to Launcher.exe being run with admin privileges on my PC it also seems that the Track Selection dialog will only display if I am running COD in windowed mode.

If I run COD in full screen mode the track selection dialog will not appear, even if launcher.exe is running with admin privileges.

So there are two separate conditions which need to be met for the Track Selection dialog to display, you must be running launcher.exe as an administrator AND you must be running COD in windowed mode.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

Default How To Get Tracks To Play -

Please accept my apologies, my initial posts were both wrong.

I have got the track select dialog to display, but the things which I thought had fixed it had not.

The track selection diaog WILL display in full screen mode.
The Launcher.exe does not need to be run in administrator mode.

What I have found is that the track selection dialog will not display if I launch COD via the shortcut on my desktop which was created by steam. This is a shortcut to the following URL 'steam://rungameid/63950'.

However If I navigate to the COD folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover) and launch cod by clicking on the Launcher application directly , then the track Selection Dialog does display.

I have now replaced the steam shortcut on my desktop by a shortcut directly to launcher.exe.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:42 AM

I know this is an old thread but I have been living without the ability to play tracks for a while now and am wondering if there is any more info on the subject.Running the launcher directly does not solve my problem.

Basically, if I choose the option to play tracks I get the screen that says 'Play' & 'Exit' but there are no tracks listed.
Both the Steam and the ICSoftClub folders have tracks in them but the program wont list them.
I have removed any tracks I made myself from the days when it was working in case one was corrupted and causing trouble.
Attempting to record tracks just locks the program.

I don't want to reload the whole program because it has taken me ages to tweak it to get the best fps.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-16-2013, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblex View Post
I know this is an old thread but I have been living without the ability to play tracks for a while now and am wondering if there is any more info on the subject.Running the launcher directly does not solve my problem.

Basically, if I choose the option to play tracks I get the screen that says 'Play' & 'Exit' but there are no tracks listed.
Both the Steam and the ICSoftClub folders have tracks in them but the program wont list them.
I have removed any tracks I made myself from the days when it was working in case one was corrupted and causing trouble.
Attempting to record tracks just locks the program.

I don't want to reload the whole program because it has taken me ages to tweak it to get the best fps.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like a memory problem, your system is not listed so I would do a reinstall to see if it then works... just make a copy of your tweaks to apply again later after your test

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 03-16-2013 at 09:19 AM.