1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 02-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

I use the steam version. To make it work you have the d/l a new .exe since the steam version is loaded with interfering drm. If you go through the thread you'll see instructions.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:20 PM

Hmm.
I'll re-get it and try again, then.
Thanks.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

Great mod, worth playing star wolves 2 again. In Retrospection if u are skilled with missiles like Corsair and have good antimissile defence, then u are a God. Only thing left to do is find good homing missiles. I figured it out how to get enough uranium for portal jumps:I made a lot of money and experience in Eritrea while waiting for pirates to jump out of that portal in the top right corner of the map. 3 days i have been killing there and got lot of things to sell back in Lanovar. In a system where there is a trade station and a patrol station(or similar station) sell your uranium to trade station,go to patrol station(or any other which sells energy source or uranium) buy there uranium and go back to trade station and sell your new uranium again to trade station, but let it stay there. Then go again to patr. station to get uranium again and sell it to trade station. When u sell enough uranium to trade station(I made a stock of 30 pieces) buy all uranium back from trade station and for sometime u have enough for jumping through portals.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:34 AM

Thumbs up

So... don’t know if anybody wrote this yet (I’ve read trough the forum, but my memory is a bit non-existent):

GREAT MOD!

But a few minor things (I know it's a work in progress, but can't help. Captain obvious to the rescue!):

Some words in dialogues are not translated (maybe typos in original text), also Google translator doesn't know names of races, so it doesn't translate them.

In a mission, where you have to find a smuggler by going to six waypoints in correct order, the names on the map are in Russian. Wouldn't be that bad (mwahahaha, Slavic languages for the win), if I'd be better in your alphabet. Sadly, we use latinica.

Pieces of dialogue are missing, and sometimes a whole dialogue is in Russian (one of them being the one near the end of demo, where you get the Eritrea mission, the dialogue starts after entering a system or two before).

Someone really needs to translate this personally. Google translator is a real torture tool. Most obvious when you get a mission and just follow the pretty spotted line, 'cause the mission text makes almost no sense at all.

MS gets caught in stations landing field. Example: "Basic station"
On the same subject, MS sometimes can't dock at station, and you have to repeatedly click on it or guide it around the station and try to dock from a different angle.

Fighters in groups behave weirdly. Really weirdly. They stop attacking targets, most of the time just evading shots or flying in erratic pattern, and they also get confused while docking with MS. Maybe it’s some kind of path finding error while grouped.

I think that's more or less it. Notice the part about my memory.
Also

GREAT MOD!

With respect,
L
Old 04-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grozny View Post
Someone really needs to translate this personally. Google translator is a real torture tool.
One of the reasons I've made this so called "localization" was that someone that knows Russian and English will be attracted enough to make a real translation. Unfortunately, still no luck. But don't worry. Mod grows and gets better constantly. I don't have much time to play lately but I'll surely make a new "localization" when the next demo will be ready.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:23 PM

Tried this mod, with the normal exe and the fixed, both results in the same CTD straight after launch. (both work fine with the original data folder in place).

So I ask, how did people get the steam version to work? I downloaded the link 1 version if that helps.

(now I have to remember how to fix the old steam ships not shooting bug again^^)
Old 09-09-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xen1138 View Post
Tried this mod, with the normal exe and the fixed, both results in the same CTD straight after launch. (both work fine with the original data folder in place).

So I ask, how did people get the steam version to work? I downloaded the link 1 version if that helps.
Actually the mod should work with the license exe that was going with Patch 1.1 (if English version had that patch)
Old 09-09-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Moon View Post
Actually the mod should work with the license exe that was going with Patch 1.1 (if English version had that patch)
Don't think there is an English patch. When I tried the Russian patched exe (not fixed (gcw servers down) starforce popped up and since I got the star wolves collection through steam, starforce won't verify.

I will try and install it all again with the Russian 1.1 patch when gcw gets its download servers sorted.

Oh well back to re-skinning sw3 ships...I found these forums 2 years too late it seems.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xen1138 View Post
I will try and install it all again with the Russian 1.1 patch when gcw gets its download servers sorted.
If you're ok about Russian then you can try the Russian version without monkeying with Goblin's "localization"
The exe you're needed I can send you by email. It's only 4.5 mb.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Moon View Post
If you're ok about Russian then you can try the Russian version without monkeying with Goblin's "localization"
The exe you're needed I can send you by email. It's only 4.5 mb.
Nah, I'd need the localization, can't read a word of Russian

Got the exe, I will muck about with it all later, need to do a backup of all my modded files^^.

Last edited by Xen1138; 09-10-2012 at 06:13 PM.