1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:31 PM

Default Couple of observations from the game...

The DL does come with a PDF of the game manual.

There are a couple of interesting aspects mentioned in the Manual that weren't apparent in the demo:

1) If you complete important quests the King will promote you in Title, as you get promoted your leadership increases and new units become available to you.

2) There is a glossary of all the spells

3) There is a glossary of all the objects

4) Apparently there are ENEMY heroes that hate you.

5) Their are 3 "Boss" enemies. Giant turtle, Kraken and Spider Queen who take up half the arena in combat.

6) There is NO specific breakdown of the different units that are available in the game and what there stats are. I guess we discover them as we go along.

Having lots of fun, played till 3a.m. this morning and am seriously lagging at work today.

cheers,
DW

p.s. You do NOT get the chest of rages right away from the King like you did in the demo. Don't know yet how many quests i have to do for him b4 i get the chest...playing as a mage on Hard.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:32 PM

You mean there's not a summary about the game's units? That's really bad

I always loved those big HoMM manuals with detailed references about all the creatures in the game...
Old 09-23-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
5) Their are 3 "Boss" enemies. Giant turtle, Kraken and Spider Queen who take up half the arena in combat.
giant turtle ....aww .. i hoped the bosses would be a bit more intimidating and cool
Old 09-23-2008, 07:48 PM

That's a small turtle.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:28 PM

When creating your character and picking your banner, one of the banner choices (the last one in the list), is the SR2 Ranger logo!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinava View Post
giant turtle ....aww .. i hoped the bosses would be a bit more intimidating and cool
I can assure you won't be disappointed. If not playing on easy, these damn beasts can make you feel uncomfortable))
Old 09-24-2008, 12:17 AM

Thanks for the info, DW. It's the next best thing to playing the game while I wait for the DL