1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 10-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Approved Member

The seagulls.

Seriously!

I've been slowly building a scenario in FMB to make a film of various features. The view over Dover harbour, with barrage balloons and a few ships pulling out of harbour would be empty without the clouds of seagulls, even if they are a bit 'jerky' in their movement.

Shame they don't make that awful seagull racket aswell, but at least we've got the ships horns.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:49 PM

For me the fact the game is getting better and better, hopefully will do so for another 10 years. Makes me wonder how anyone can be into console gaming. Another thing I appreciate is the great community. For the most part you are all a helpful mature and fun bunch of guys. Oh and then there's Raid
Old 10-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Approved Member

Hi all

I'm new so this is my first post.
I agree the new sound patch is fabulous. I have played CLOD continuously for the past week just to hear the magnificient whine and after growl of the 109's engine. Fantastic!

I created a small mission build the other night and recorded it and just watched 4 109s beat up the airfield. Amazing sound!!

The Hurricane and Spitfire are dissapointing compared to the 109 but I am sure they will put that right soon? The sound of the Hurri and Spit taxing is spot on I think but the sound of them taking off and in the air needs alot of work.

Cheers all.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by planesy View Post
Hi all

The Hurricane and Spitfire are dissapointing compared to the 109 but I am sure they will put that right soon? The sound of the Hurri and Spit taxing is spot on I think but the sound of them taking off and in the air needs alot of work.

Cheers all.
Damn really ?!! I don't know what are your expectations but you'd sure break a new frontier.

They are just perfect for me if we except the in-cockpit sound bug
Old 10-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

Things I like about CoD?

Jezz where do I begin?

There is so much to like about this sim that it would take too long to list all the things I like about it!

Where as the list of things I dont like would only take a few min and fit on a napkin!

As for the that short not like list..

I will say this, if 1C gives us 1/100th the support they gave us on IL-2

A few patches from now CoD will be known as the best WWII sim to date!

Mater of fact, it is funny when you stop and think about it..

The only real WWII compition CoD has is the previous 1C WWII product IL-2!

That speaks volumns in and of itself!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:33 PM

All the different types of ammunition. Spending a lot of time experimenting with different combinations of .303 bullets. The different types really do have very noticeable differences, it is well worth it to try silly load outs that you would never want to use in real life just to see the way they are modeled.