1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 12-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Approved Member

Default Nothing else matters...

..but you hard working talents on 1C company have already conjured the most intricate WWII airwar simulator ever bar none.

My humble yet proud salute all of you fine professionals, you are making our WWII aviation fans' dreams to come true.

Bugs, missing features - those can be implemented taking some time.

Genuine passion for aviation and raising the bar over existing world class WW2 simulations takes special kind of people with same kind of fire in their heart to pursue the same dream as we all have. And you 1C Company have been shown you have the heart and the talent to fullfil our dreams.

It is safe to say CloD is one of the most complex piece of software ever existed on PC platform, so we have to adjust our expectations how rapidly we can expect the patches and upgrades on the product.

No amount of whining gives the patches and upgrades any time sooner, i'd believe the effect is opposite - the developer keeps honing the patches in order to avoid some persistant whiners critisism, not to get anymore additional negative PR on top of existing whining.

The Sim is fairly good now, and I have good faith on 1C for them to develop it to be even better we can imagine in some near future... It takes time and naturally money to accomplish it. I am giving my time and patience and I think I will give my money on quality sequels if we get the quality we expect.
Naturally all sequels should enhance the base product also....

But so far, very promising work I'd to say.... No reason to resort unfounded negativism... (execpt poor ATI owners =P but that's entirely their own fault )

Old 12-17-2011, 12:31 AM

1+ It's the new me!
Old 12-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Approved Member

The urge to multi-quote is strong in this one.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:49 AM

What and who else is there? COD is brilliant! Bugs and all!!!
I love having to constantly optimize my crappy computer! It's a lifestyle...
Admit it... We've been doing it since the days of DOS ( disk operating system.. If some of you guys knew how pathetic/amazing the old flight sims were... Well... You missed out!
It was always fun trying to get 16 bit pixels to move faster than a slug! Haha!

Must dig out those oldies and see if they can even install?...
Old 12-17-2011, 06:26 AM
Approved Member

Smile

+1 I'm in total agreement!
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Nvidia (MSI) GTX560ti 1GB DDR5 Twin Frozr II
Old 12-17-2011, 06:42 AM

S!

Even I agree on many parts of your post Damixu you there was one thing that is not true. AMD bashing. Luthier stated very clearly that both AMD and nVidia are collaborating with them. So let's keep at least hardware fanboism out from here. Latest Catalyst 12.1 previews are btw best drivers so far showing good performance.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
S!

Even I agree on many parts of your post Damixu you there was one thing that is not true. AMD bashing. Luthier stated very clearly that both AMD and nVidia are collaborating with them. So let's keep at least hardware fanboism out from here. Latest Catalyst 12.1 previews are btw best drivers so far showing good performance.
Sorry about that. I was only tried to lighten the end of my message with friendly teasing of AMD users, since they had their share of troubles past which is unfortunate.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feathered_iv View Post
the urge to multi-quote is strong in this one.
+1000
Old 12-17-2011, 11:41 AM

S!

Gotcha Damixu Now let's hope the beta patch comes before new year for us to test
Old 12-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Approved Member

I've said it before, and at the risk of being called a "fanboy" (aren't we all? otherwise we would not stay here) CloD is the only thing I "fly" anymore.

I cannot be bothered with IL2/46 after flying high over the Channel in CloD, even with it's faults, and it has many as we know.

I know that DT has put a lot of work, and is still putting a lot of work, into '46, but even with all the improvements they have done, and those that are coming, it just does not have that feeling of flight that Cliffs has. Not even close.

So I struggle with the faults of the new sim, and revel in the things that are so superior, because it's worth it.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov