1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 12-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

The immersion flying over English Channel with CloD compared to IL-2 experience was the key factor not to look back IL-2 1946 with the UP3.0 juice etc.

Honestly there are the times I can "feel" the plane when I'm flying CloD the simulation is so much accurate to flying experience.

I am a private pilot myself, so I have some slight notion how the flying feels. Naturally flying these warbirds are very different rollercoaster but there's hint of feeling flying the Piper or Cessna I can relate to those warbirds.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Approved Member

Despite bugs , non working elements &slow FPS ,I am utterly hooked on this sim ...it is so d____d beautiful & the screen shots: to die for( see below.)I have them as a slide show on my desktop & they make me want to get right back to flying over the Channel. Il-2 was great out of the box but limited ( & look at it now) & Rise of Flight was pretty lame when it first came out & has taken two years to get it to be a smoothly operating sim ( & keeps getting better,) so I look forward to a similar situation with CloD.I am probably also looking towrds a better graphics card in the future too(unfortunately) but I had to really improve my PC for Il-2 as it got bigger & better...sigh...

Last edited by jamesdietz; 12-17-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:20 PM

Where is you get the Stuka Skin from?
Old 12-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Just released today- see Skins & Repaints postings in subjects above/Skins by Aelius-last page...its a beauty!
Old 12-17-2011, 08:12 PM

Nice post good this being said in this forum for once..... it will take some time but we will get the game we all want eventually
Old 12-19-2011, 03:50 AM

Whoa Nice pics!

Im quoting but its not for usual reasons, Igor does a good version of Metallica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damixu View Post
..but you hard working talents on 1C company have already conjured the most intricate WWII airwar simulator ever bar none.

My humble yet proud salute all of you fine professionals, you are making our WWII aviation fans' dreams to come true.

Bugs, missing features - those can be implemented taking some time.

Genuine passion for aviation and raising the bar over existing world class WW2 simulations takes special kind of people with same kind of fire in their heart to pursue the same dream as we all have. And you 1C Company have been shown you have the heart and the talent to fullfil our dreams.

It is safe to say CloD is one of the most complex piece of software ever existed on PC platform, so we have to adjust our expectations how rapidly we can expect the patches and upgrades on the product.

No amount of whining gives the patches and upgrades any time sooner, i'd believe the effect is opposite - the developer keeps honing the patches in order to avoid some persistant whiners critisism, not to get anymore additional negative PR on top of existing whining.

The Sim is fairly good now, and I have good faith on 1C for them to develop it to be even better we can imagine in some near future... It takes time and naturally money to accomplish it. I am giving my time and patience and I think I will give my money on quality sequels if we get the quality we expect.
Naturally all sequels should enhance the base product also....

But so far, very promising work I'd to say.... No reason to resort unfounded negativism... (execpt poor ATI owners =P but that's entirely their own fault )

Thanks! I love classical guitar, and the best part was Igor's youtube, very awesome, reminded me of

funnies

and

but agree with the professionals and they are working to improve the game