1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 01-20-2012, 12:22 PM

The closing of Megaupload won't do nothing except being a nuance to legit downloaders. Piracy has moved to torrents over anonymous VPN services. No realistic chance to pursue em there.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFCW_Urizen View Post
And so what, if i can´t afford it, i don´t buy it. or if i really must have this new piece of "already-old-tomorrow" art, i save up some money and buy it later.
That´s no excuse for piracy.

the only sad thing about shutting down megaup is, that those that used it honestly are now punished because of the many who weren´t.
ah! I wish the world worked on such a simple equation..

You can appreciate that unfortunately that's not the case, and I am sure that when you were a teenager (if you're not now) you made your copy cassettes, cds and what not..

Today it's just easier to share this stuff, but it's not much different than what it used to be 10 years ago. Online sales meant the music industry income skyrocketed like never before, cos now you just need a couple of clicks to buy music online.
Besides, don't be fooled by what they say: artists' incomes are generated more by concerts and other sales, the amount of money they get for the actual record sale is still very marginal. Music artists with real money in the music industry are the ones who became producers (Jay-Z, Pharrell Williams etc..), see what they think and say about online sharing..
Old 01-20-2012, 12:50 PM

as for Megaupload, you really think that most of his traffic was generated by legit material?! Puh-leeeease!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Approved Member

Go figure, piracy has been around since these industries have, if they were taking so much damage from it then how have they become so immensely rich and powerfull that they can influence the goverment to take these actions?

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 01-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
You can appreciate that unfortunately that's not the case, and I am sure that when you were a teenager (if you're not now) you made your copy cassettes, cds and what not..
how i wish i still were a teen, sigh. At the time i did it, there were only one platform to share, and that was the Kazaa (which i used, yes) network. There wasn´t any Rapidshare and the likes. Hell, eMule just started and the torrent network was still to come. But i almost always bought the stuff i considered a good investment and i used that exact excuse you mentioned earlier. Hell, i was lucky to have a 100€/200DM at that time, which is nothing right after school.

Quote:
Besides, don't be fooled by what they say: artists' incomes are generated more by concerts and other sales, the amount of money they get for the actual record sale is still very marginal. Music artists with real money in the music industry are the ones who became producers (Jay-Z, Pharrell Williams etc..), see what they think and say about online sharing..
agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks View Post
The devs need to continue to tweak the FM balance until there is equal amount of whining from both sides.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
Do you mean a country where theft is acceptable when you say free? What makes you think you're above the law?

You admit to using if for illegal downloads yet blame "the Americans"

You want to blame someone, blame the people who committed the crime not the people enforcing it. If people weren't using it for illegal stuff it would still be there.
what the hell are you on about !?

ive never said i used it for illegal downlaods. in fact, i said the exact oposite. i use megaupload for legal stuff on daily baisis for the last 2 or 3 years.( lately ive discovered dropbox who actually replaces it for most of my personnal use).

truth is fair and simple, you wont be able to stop piracy, music, film and game industry need to grow up and jump to the 21st century. they just cant expect people to pay 20euros for 1 cd, 70 euros for a game and 40 euro for a blue ray. its just abusive. they are placing a price way to high on culture and people who want to be cult not allways have the stupid ammount of money necessary to fullfill their needs.

Im not much of a downloader myself. i have 0 illegaly downloaded tracks on my pc, 0 illegal games and absolutely no dvds. but i do use alternative methods to lsiten to music ( youtube, not everithing posted there is legal ), or to watch tv series.

truth be told, im preatty sure every single one of my music albuns are from artists that if it wasnt for youtube i would never have bought.

So, NO i want blame the "pirates" for getting megaupload down. And yes i blame "the americans", not the citizens, but the twisted gouvernament who keeps on rulling the world thinking they own everithing.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Well here's one reason its been closed.

"Around thirty cars and motorcycles were seized as well as property and technology on the strength
of a series of emails that appear to show Kim offering cash rewards for uploaders who had provided
specific DVDs and other copyrighted works. One series shows how Kim wanted to copy YouTube ‘one-to-one’."

All over a few e-mails.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Well here's one reason its been closed.

"Around thirty cars and motorcycles were seized as well as property and technology on the strength
of a series of emails that appear to show Kim offering cash rewards for uploaders who had provided
specific DVDs and other copyrighted works. One series shows how Kim wanted to copy YouTube ‘one-to-one’."

All over a few e-mails.

hehe that's the smoking gun they've been waiting for, they've been looking into locking this guy down for long time.
I have to say it really surprises me how these people really think they can carry on living their lives like "normal" individuals.
It's like the whole story with Wikileaks' Assange and the two Swedish girls: dude, you're not exactly a looker, yet two hot birds want to have group sex with you? Mmhhhh..

Last edited by Sternjaeger II; 01-20-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanPan View Post
OK, so I have a very large and successful shop in any city, in any country. I have thousands of customers and turn a nice profit. I sell mainly legitimate stuff, but some of the stuff I know (or ought to know, it's my shop after all) is stolen. Is that ok?

PPP
It would be good if your analogy worked though given that you say 'stolen' and not 'copied'. I'm not going to dwell on the right and wrong of it all but your post pretty much demonstrates just how little you understand the issue.

Do you work for the RIAA or the MPAA?
Old 01-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
It's like the whole story with Wikileaks' Assange and the two Swedish girls: dude, you're not exactly a looker, yet two hot birds want to have group sex with you? Mmhhhh..