1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 03-14-2012, 11:47 PM

Default Should 1c finally be concerned about competition? Eagle Dynamics "Flying Legends".

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=164

Although very little is known yet, ED have announed their upcoming Flying Legends series. We know that it will begin with the Mustang, which will have armament options and attack capability. It has been predicted that maps and opponents will arrive with the Pony, but not been confirmed or announced.

It's been a good few years since anything rivalled IL2 and 1C. IMO, If Eagle Dynamics have their eyes open to the misery with regards to CloD, then they will 'grasp the bull by the horns' as it were, and develop their very own WW2 combat simulator. To be honest, they'd be stupid not to.

We all had such loyalty for 1c, and I am certain we all believed this was the one release that could not possibly go wrong or wreck that loyalty. That's all been shattered for much of the community. How do you feel about the ED Legends series? It has the potential to be everything we ever wanted, especially if it's relatively scaleable and has a good dynamic campaign and online options. Would you leave 1c products behind if this turned out to be true?

I think this is an important time to ask this question, with all of the recent comments from BlackSix about no more updates due to some attitudes here, and the silencing over the patch.

Flying Legends is down to be released in 2012, preferably the first half. If it is anything more than a study sim, Luther et al should perhaps be more concerned with how they're developing their sim and how they're treating their customer base.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Approved Member

ED promised they were working on dedicated server files so real dedicated machines could host MP games back when A10 was in beta. That still hasn't happened yet.

So I suppose how they treat their customer base is all based on the opinion of what you expect. I doubt I'll ever see any sort of dedicated server files to host with and therefore to me, DCS is just money down the drain.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 03-15-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjama View Post
http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=164

Although very little is known yet, ED have announed their upcoming Flying Legends series. We know that it will begin with the Mustang, which will have armament options and attack capability. It has been predicted that maps and opponents will arrive with the Pony, but not been confirmed or announced.

It's been a good few years since anything rivalled IL2 and 1C. IMO, If Eagle Dynamics have their eyes open to the misery with regards to CloD, then they will 'grasp the bull by the horns' as it were, and develop their very own WW2 combat simulator. To be honest, they'd be stupid not to.
The two sims are completle different. With the only flyable a Mustang it will limit the combat theatre to about 1943 onwards, that plus the lack of a single flyable opponent would serverly restrict the attractiveness of flying online missions

Quote:
We all had such loyalty for 1c, and I am certain we all believed this was the one release that could not possibly go wrong or wreck that loyalty. That's all been shattered for much of the community.
Please don't talk on behalf of me. My experience with the sim is completely opposite. I believe that the sim is a Diamond in the rough and that the Developers are doing all they can to fix it. Each patch that has been released has fixed problems and added to the performace of the sim. What more could I reasonably ask for?

Quote:
How do you feel about the ED Legends series? It has the potential to be everything we ever wanted, especially if it's relatively scaleable and has a good dynamic campaign and online options. Would you leave 1c products behind if this turned out to be true?

I think this is an important time to ask this question, with all of the recent comments from BlackSix about no more updates due to some attitudes here, and the silencing over the patch.

Flying Legends is down to be released in 2012, preferably the first half. If it is anything more than a study sim, Luther et al should perhaps be more concerned with how they're developing their sim and how they're treating their customer base.
I have currently got Black Shark and their A10 sim. Both are fine bits of software. A10 took a year of open beta to get it into a releaseable state. It still is not perfect.

Just from a immersion point of view I find that I am spending most of my time flying online in COD.

I guess it's different strokes for different folks.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Approved Member

Lets not forget that each patch has also added problems...memory leak anyone?

As much as I hate it no, 1C has nothing to worry about. They are still the only thing going for a combat flight sim in WW2, and will be for the foreseeable future.

Unless 777 has something up their sleeve (please god please!)
Old 03-15-2012, 12:36 AM

Most people dismiss these as arcade but Gaijin has War Thunder and Wargaming.net has World Of Warplanes coming out.Both are in beta.I believe both are Russian.

World Of War Planes
http://na.worldofwarplanes.com/

War Thunder
http://warthunder.com/en/
Old 03-15-2012, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

yep. support DCS. vote with your wallet.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:50 AM

AS it stands at this very moment, no I wouldnt jump ship. But if it comes with playable opponents and a promise of more A/C down the line then yes I would be tempted seriously.

CloD, is great and will be greater in the near future (COME ON PATCH!!!!!!!!) so for now 1C has a solid customer in me, but being American and brought up in a Free market.... To the winner go the spoils. if DCS shows me a reason I should pick them up, Ill do it.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:53 AM
Approved Member

Why no room for both games on your hard drives? I've got Balck Shark, IL2, X Plane 9 and RoF on my PC.

The topic sounds more like a threat than an actual look at something interesting and fun for our hobby.

If you're honestly that dismayed at what's going on at 1C and the condition of the game, then why stick around and make hollow threats? Makes no sense to me.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:09 AM

Was that at me? i am not dismayed with 1C like CloD. But if something better comes out why would I not switch? Are you not familiar with free market capitalism? lol

Its not an issue of space on the hard drive, more like space in my schedule.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:19 AM
Approved Member

No. Just in general. I was pondering aloud and not directing at anyone in particular, hooves.