1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:51 AM

It wouldn't be half as gorgeous though, or have spirits of rage
Old 10-12-2008, 03:30 PM

Low sales since its a niche game genre, niche developer, niche publisher (1C). It doesn't matter how good the game is, as they're not well known. They may have some popularity in Russia, but in North America they're really small in the marketplace.

It's a good sign though that this forum is one of the most popular on the 1C site, so it's likely King's Bounty is exceeding 1C's sales expectations and does seem to have a larger player base following it than the other 1C titles.

On a side note, I did see an ad on gamespot.com for King's Bounty. Now they just need an 8.5 review on gamespot to gain some more notoriety.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyBeard View Post
Spellforce is another a great game that just never caught on in the US as much as other places.
Ah Spellforce! I remember that game My computer died during playing it so i never got around finishing it. Maybe i should take it out on another spin
Old 10-13-2008, 04:44 AM

I like this game alot.

Most of the other games I liked alot were released 10 years ago, or more.

I don't think that I'm dated; more that the younger generation are generally idiotic.

Well....
Old 10-13-2008, 04:52 AM

I wonder if I'm gonna be allowed to post this - it will mention another companies rather unrecognised games.

King's Bounty is the game that has had me most hooked for a long while.

Which brought me to the question: which game had me as hooked previously?

They are both RPG's, which is odd as the greatest computer game ever is Championship Manager.

Titan Quest - I'd never played Diablo, but TQ forced me to play, even when I didn't want to play anymore.

Freedom Force vs The Third Reich. I played this because it is superb.

Last edited by Kamawoop; 10-13-2008 at 05:00 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:14 AM

Budget, probably. I haven't seen any advertising or hype for it anywhere (other than a couple of interviews), so people just haven't heard of it. There were also a number of big name releases launched simultaneously with KB (Spore, Crysis:Warhead), so it kind of got drowned.

I suspect the sales and awareness will increase somewhat, once the game is on the shelves in Europe and more news outlets review the game.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:16 AM

Well, if you guys tell all your friends how great the game is, it surely will go up in sales ratings.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixreborn View Post
For some reason turn-based games are not as popular as real-time games.

(One game such as civilization does not a rule make).

In the grand scheme of things it probably doesn't matter if most people don't buy it as long as I personally enjoy it.

Somebody else will come along and argue that if more people buy it more games like it will get made...but it's been a slow trickle for years now and it isn't going to change.

This game reminds me a little of my favorite, wizardry 8, which occupied my gaming time for a pleasant year.

I haven't seen a lot of advertising with this game. Just the occasional blip on GameSpot. I only found out about this game when I was rummaging around GameSpot's upcoming game release list. So a niche market and low advertising are probably to blame. Though when I found out about it, I thought it was awesome.

And Wizardry 8? Awesome game. I played that a few times and still have it in its original box.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:36 PM

It is shame that great game like this is ignored by the mass due to lack of adequate advertisement. Nowadays when numerous rubbish games are rushing to us like hoards of rats, we have been thirsty for good game like this for many years.

Please write user review/experience on game review site, game shopping site, Amazon, EB, and other game fan site especially RPG related site. Tell potential customers how great this game is and how you enjoyed it.
Word-of-mouth ad from heart of truly satisfied users can compensate (lack of) million dollar budget advertisement campaign.

By making more people buy this game, we can ensure release of expansion of KBTL, or help it to be better one. Capitalism is about appreciating good company/ good product with consumer's money to let them become better one. Let the the capitalism do the job!

Last edited by aaaaa; 10-13-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:03 PM

Thank you for your suggestion