1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydno View Post
Yes that's right... you can feel all the positions and it is not like the saitek aviator. I will see on the demo if that works fine anyway but I think it won't if this hat button is dedicated to the "look around view".
I bet it will work like the AV8R. Hopefully (crossing fingers) I am going to buy this stick as well plus I already have the AV8R.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:09 PM

Glad to see at least some guys have the option of using a HOTAS to map some of the views. Looks like either Panning or Snapviews are supported. I figured they might have a Padlock which would really help guys out with PS3 controllers.

Maybe one day the game and the PS3 will support the Track IR 5. It's been supported in the PC version.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/
Old 08-19-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIJ0SePhXII View Post
OK, I`ve had the demo for a few days now, and this could be a great title to add to my collection. I don`t mind that sim is a very difficult mode to fly in, it wouldn`t be a sim otherwise, but there is one gameplay/control snag that is stopping me from really getting into it and enjoying the full experience - the `look around` feature.

As it stands, to look around you have to hold down the right stick button and keep it held down while looking about you, and all too often the rudder and throttle have been engaged while I`m looking around for enemies on sim mode. It just doesn`t make sense that you have to be skillful and dextrous in order to just look around, when you need all that skill and dexterity to fly the plane. It would be a lot easier to look around if you had complete freedom of the stick, so why not make it one click of th RS button to disengage the rudder and another click to engage it? That way there`s no need to reconfigure the buttons, just assign a different command in the code.

Anyway, it`s great to see you`re taking feedback, you can tell a title is made with passion when that is so. One other thing, will multiplayer be arcade, realistic, sim, or all of them? I fear empty rooms on sim.
I definitely agree with that !
Old 08-19-2009, 01:01 AM

Control tweaks can be added post-release via patches so I'm optimistic if there's a problem it will be fixed.

That is of course, if they're willing to support the game post-release. I don't know if DLC has been confirmed or not.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:31 AM

Yes look at fight night round 4 they didn't put face buttons in to throw punches and ALOT people complained about it and they put that option in in the dlc. So ya never know.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:03 AM

Well, I`ve ordered an AV8R now, but I still want people to enjoy the game and join in the multiplayer and I`m sure the devs do too. Hopefully they`ll patch this oversight