1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
I have to many 360 games too, and i just preorder COD MW2, 2 copy's of BOP one for my self and another for a gift. I going for the xbox 360 elite september 1, but i want a PS3 to. I don't know what to do. seems like moor will be playing PS3
I do play online at least 3 times a week, plus Netflix works great.

It justifies the 50 a year.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
I have to many 360 games too, and i just preorder COD MW2, 2 copy's of BOP one for my self and another for a gift. I going for the xbox 360 elite september 1, but i want a PS3 to. I don't know what to do. seems like moor will be playing PS3
Hey nice sig!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Yup, i too am on my 4th xbox.

Worst things is - you don't get YOUR console back. You get some other poor suckers who RRoD'd. So it's a lottery as far as which brand DVD drive you end up with (some are noiser than others, i'm not sure which though).
Lately they've been repairing the console you send in.

The last one I sent in I marked with a sharpie and copied the serial #, I got the same one back.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:03 AM

You should have time to get it fixed before the game releases, no?

I don't know about in the US, but here in Germany they now have the repair pipeline streamlined to the extent that it takes 5 working days (from the day the courier picks up the parcel to the day he drops it off again) to get an Xbox 360 fixed. Where by "fixed" I mean "get the motherboard replaced". You don't even have to deal with a person – not even on the phone: You can do it all via a web form.

Of course, none of this should be happening in the first place, but at least they've now got their act together with fixing it. :-|

Also, if you get your motherboard swapped out now, you ought to get an Opus board if your Xbox doesn't have HDMI, or a Jasper board otherwise, so you ought to be more RRoD-resistant in future.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermuffin View Post
Just got RRODed!!!! Why, oh Lord, have you crippled me!!! I'm fairly confident that when ever I get excited for an upcoming game, like REALLY excited, I get RROD (last one was for .Skate).

The best part is, Microsoft is telling me that my warranty has expired yet I'm fairly confident that they extended everyones' by three years. WTF, MICROSOFT?!?!?!

This is nearly as bad as when I found out Happy Days was canceled.... 4 days ago!!!

But seriously... this blows; hardcore.

Sorry to hear that.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
Hey nice sig!
Yea, I liked yours so much i had to do me one.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Yea, I liked yours so much i had to do me one.
Did you draw your propeller out or did the pic you find already have it on there?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
Did you draw your propeller out or did the pic you find already have it on there?
no, i done the animation with gimp, 3 layers and then blend. The one im useing now is just for test, im doing a hi-res spitfire MkVB and MkIIA, and P51D animated becouse i dont know which one i like better.

Last edited by FireFly; 08-27-2009 at 05:42 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
ps3 is far better just wait till gt5 is out that will be the turning point and ps3 will wipe the floor
ps3 is more reliable as in the only known problems are the Blu ray breaking and the hard drive corrupting the second of the problems is home repairable
just my opinion
Old 08-26-2009, 02:27 PM

XBox 360 all the way...a friend of mine just had his RROD. Was sent out and returned within a week and a half. It also included a free 1 month xbox live card and when it was repaired it has a extended 3 year warranty for ROD from the time it was serviced. He also recieved the one he sent out, so they didnt switch it out on him. This must be new because mine ROD a year ago and they sent me someone elses without the free month. However with all the problems and the heartaches with Xbox, i dont think i would ever swtich to PS3. Even paying the 50$ a year. Something about XBL that brings friends together that i dont see PSN doing very well. Not to mention Halo, Gears of war and COD4, 2 of which are 360 exclusive. Not to mention that XBox is owned by Microsoft so it has an endless supply of money to develop and maintain. Like most people, im set in my own ways and it just happens to be XBOX.