1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 02-15-2018, 07:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhechene View Post
I always expect that the vanishing treelines 169 and 170 bug be corrected.
Playing with mods I realised that the issue is not with those trees alone. For example, in Asura's modpack, 1149, 1150, 3103, 3114 and 3127 treelines also don't show. Curiously, multiple palm trees do show. It seems it's something in the game itself. So maybe, how about giving us the individual trees of those treelines?
Old 02-16-2018, 05:27 AM
Approved Member

It would be nice to have the eight five-inch HVAR rockets added.
A flyable B-25H or J with a solid nose would be really cool to.

Rockets for the P-51 would be nice to.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:09 AM
Approved Member

a couple of features I would like too see added.

The Head left and Right and Up are not available if you use a head tracking device, (as far as i can tell). Using only a one point cap, that would be a nice thing to have. And ability to set your head height along a axis as a default position.

Ability to deselected individual planes (A.I.) from external camera view, and visibility on in_game map. Lock a camera on to a column of tanks/vehicles or non carrier ships.

Time out on Cameras, on and off

Ability to select Country, restore if wrecked, plane type/Object/tank(s) available, like only Russian from 1943, German from 1943, or even individual planes, tanks, vehicles, Artillery, & objects available, so only they show up in objects list when building mission. And of course, the ability to change mid stream if you want.

A way to cloak unwanted airfields.

Ground vehicles that have speed variable. And tank columns that disperse when enemy planes are attacking, or enemy tanks are near enough to fire at, really get some distance between them.

Tanks that only fire when a target is in line of sight. Right now, they will shoot through every building, looks realistic, all the columns of smoke and explosions in the city, but I'd like to have them play cat and mouse in the buildings, with me hunting them from the air.

Ability to move the clouds when building a mission.

sub categories for Objects, runways, buildings, winter, German tanks, or even axis tanks allied tanks, ect. And one for sand bags, I can never find them.

Dreams....
Don't know if it's possible, I though one was in the works, but a jeep, or truck with AAA, or even one tank that the player can use. I was watching ships run through a mission, and thought it would be cool to control the big guns, or a AAA battery and steer the ship like a plane. (graphics do not have to be photo realistic, the way things move is perfect, the game feels real in that way)

Flying a mission makes a ghost track for a A.I. plane you can add. Or at least sets way points, maybe a key to leave a anchor.

Some things I have mentioned in other posts.

Gun stats and the Map at end of campaign mode that shows your flight path at end of all mission types would be nice.

Players on line can fly a flight of four bombers like in QMB, and with the ability jump from one to the other as they get shot down, if they do.

to that, AI gunners in bombers that don't all fire at once, and continuously. especially the heavies. Had a flight of b-29's run out of ammo the other day, Was setting up freetrack, getting the turning the head to be fluid and realistic, just flying along with the stream. They never stopped firing at me.

Update old maps with new textures, especially the Pacific, those dark textures from the Solomons would look great on Pacific islands, or any of the old maps, and the few European ones.
Thats off the top of my head,

Cheers.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:08 AM
Approved Member

The Halifax B.III would be a nice addition. Both for AI and as a playable one.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhechene View Post
Playing with mods I realised that the issue is not with those trees alone. For example, in Asura's modpack, 1149, 1150, 3103, 3114 and 3127 treelines also don't show. Curiously, multiple palm trees do show. It seems it's something in the game itself. So maybe, how about giving us the individual trees of those treelines?
Check perfect mode is enabled.

Hosting Bombs Away Dedicated Altitude Bombing Server in Hyperlobby

Old 02-23-2018, 04:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Check perfect mode is enabled.
I know I can do that, thanks. I can also reduce tree texture via conf.ini. Those are two fixes that I know of. At what I'm pointing at it's that given what I posted we may have a clue about the issue(s?) that makes treelines invisible at high resolutions and tree texture quality.

And at what I pointed at in my previous post is that I'd like a fix that doesn't entail reducing graphics quality.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Makers of modded maps infer that the use of perfect mode is necessary.

Canonuk Channel map is one example where its been modded many times by different people using different textures and techniques.

One of our squad was getting kicked from loading the map until some graphic settings were applied.

Some talk about textures etc.
http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...ewtopic&t=8364

Hosting Bombs Away Dedicated Altitude Bombing Server in Hyperlobby

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 02-23-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM
Approved Member

A couple of additional features that would be nice,

Ability to adjust HOTAS while in cockpit, flying. Never really fine tuned it, just set to something that seemed ok, or the best after a few tries, and left it. I have a basic curve I know works for every re_install, but increments of 1 here and 2 there might make a difference.

A QMB mission where your plane is set up on a stand, so your tail is up while stationary, level to the ground, to set up gun convergence, with a target that you can move forward and back. Maybe just a Traditional circle, but why not a stationary plane, even be able to pivot it to see what different hits do.

They also had a bit of lee way with up and down apparently, a half inch spacer at either end of the length of the Gun would change the angle at 200 yards by quite a bit. If you are targeting Ground stuff you'd put a spacer under the back of gun, to keep your nose up while straffing And dog fighting spacer at front of Gun. so you were shooting high. I don't know if they did that, but it would make sense.

And the ability to sit in cockpit and change settings. (That might be a problem as far as security goes), but even just to quit back to QMB, and change it and reload game would be easier than taking off and strafing watching the alt meter trying to gauge things.

Any thoughts on convergence Pilots. I have mine set to 175m for wep 1 and 200m for wep 2. I figure thats 500 feet and 600 feet, Just at 2 foot ball fields away, or little further than the next row of houses behind the the ones across the street from me, something tangible.

The best shots seem to come when target is between .75 .50 on the tag when turning and burning, moves less in the screen, and you can see the flaps moving by then, and plane is clear enough to see when pilot is slipping side ways. and is close enough to see where bullets are going. Mine go wide

It's the same with Ground Stuff, my convergence seems to be right for the Gun cam footage that is high res enough to see where the convergence is in ground strikes. Namely B-29's over japan, when the P-1's go strafing, and P-47's over Italy.

Both are good quality color USSAF official releases, The Fighting Lady also is in good shape, and has a lot of Pacific footage to go by. All three of those titles should bring you right to those movies on uTube.

I've had it down to 100w1 and 120w2, and as wide as 650w1 700w2. But I find the .75 .50 is the best shot as far as taking one with confidence that you might hit it, so have had it around there for a while now.

i think my guns have a device like the one that stops props from getting shot off, except mine stops the guns when a target might get hit.

Cheers!

Last edited by Music; Yesterday at 12:50 PM. Reason: bad gramar, er faulty key board, everything is alright here, & you, how's every thing there, aww crap, BLASTER CHEWIE!