1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 10-15-2008, 02:28 PM

Default Does Russian patch 1.6.4 fix the Mirabella crash?

I have the US DVD version of KB patched with the Russian patch 1.6.4. Does this fix the Mirabella crash?

I know there is a fix around here some place for the crash, but I thought I would not need it with the 1.6.4 patch. Also, if I need to use the fix, should I apply it before I even speak with Mirabella?
Old 10-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggly Pete View Post
I have the US DVD version of KB patched with the Russian patch 1.6.4. Does this fix the Mirabella crash?

I know there is a fix around here some place for the crash, but I thought I would not need it with the 1.6.4 patch. Also, if I need to use the fix, should I apply it before I even speak with Mirabella?
---
The 1.6.4 patch did NOT fix it for me (but I thought it was suppose to). If you talk to mirabella and crash then you can install the the mod and reload and talk to her and it will work. Please report your findings here
Old 10-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

Hi guys!
Developers are now working on patch for the English version, and that will be available soon. Just wait a little, please.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:13 PM

Is the new patch inclusive or do you gotta install the other first?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:03 AM

I also had freeze problems in the Freedom Islands. These were not fixed by the patch but they were fixed by recent video card updates issued by Windows for Vista. They are optional and weren't installed automatically so I had to go and find them and install them manually. Aside from the random game freezes (which I was generally able to overcome by whacking ALT TAB or ALT ESC repeatedly) it was obvious once the video card updates were on board that the ocean in KBTL was not previously being rendered properly, If the sea in your game does not look hyper realistic or seems to reflect the sky (as mine did before the updates) then the problem is probably with your video card as it was with me and you need to update drivers etc.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Approved Member

here are 1.6.4 details:
[sorry, nothing about Mirabella]

- In a window of adjustments button " By default " dumps value of all parameters of adjustment.
- The key "C" in an adventure mode causes the book of magic.
- At transition between locations a strip of loading of dark blue color.
- It is impossible to interrupt dialogue with Furious Паладином during destruction of statues.
- The logic of a bear from a quest " the Gone bear " is improved.
- The rare start is corrected at loading preservation.
- The mistake in calculation of morals from subjects, and also the help of morals of identical subjects is corrected.
- Calculation of a level of the hero and spirits in the table of records considers a level of complexity.
- Wife Neoka now can give birth to children (actually for versions 1.5 and above).
- Fight does not begin, if the hero during picking up of a chest, excavation "клада", movings by means of the book of the Life/death.
- Vampires after transformation into bats do not leave from under the control.
- The order of courses of units is updated after each action.
-Change of the Initiative of the shocked group is considered in a current round.
- AI. Enemy heroes now do not use magic on our invisible groups.
- It is improved "отрисовка " helps on "наносимому" to a loss during remote attacks.
- The spell " the Oil Fog " receives bonuses of a loss from subjects and does not lower resistibility of essences with Immunity to Fire.
Snakes can use skill "Throw" against any attacked objects on arena.
- The help of a loss of a spell " the Illusive Sword " is corrected at prompting on the purpose.
- Work of a spell "Dispersion" 3 levels on the hypnotized and fascinated essences is corrected.

But check this page:
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/kings_...the_legend.php

you could either use the 1.6.5 (which is KNOWN for fixing Mirabella issue)
or 1.7 - which also fiexes it - but is for different game versions (based on where you have the game from)

should you not have success in installing the other patches, try this mod [should work flawlessly on any 1.6.x version - I used it on 16b7]:
Attached Files
File Type: zip mod_16_eng_fix_mirabella.zip (7.5 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by Gatts; 12-04-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:41 PM

I never did get around to testing 1.6.5 with Mirabella. I was distracted by that frog in the swamp and I married her instead. At least I'm happy. I guess I'll try to hook up with Mirabella next time around.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:22 AM

I may be a little late to the party here but I am having odd problems with this. I downloaded the version 1.7 patch and tried to start the game. I got a message saying I was using the wrong disc and the game wouldn't even turn on. I had to unistall the whole game and reinstall it without the patch to get it to recognize my disc again. Then I tried to download the mod but I can't find exactly where it is supposed to go. A little help would be appreciated...