1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 01-28-2009, 04:14 PM

Default Game wouldnt work after patch 1.7 and 1.65!

Hi,

I'm a newbie here, and i just bought my copy of King's bounty the legend one week ago. As to my knowledge, there are 2 patches available for King's bounty. I downloaded first patch, 1.7, but it made my game unable to run. The error message was posted by securom as 'no disc inserted', EVEN though there is a disc in my DVD-ROm. Then i read loesr's thread in technical problems and solutions, that i should download patch 1.65 since my release is from atari. To my horror, the patch is as useless as 1.7, it made my game unable to run with the same error message. I had to reinstall my game twice to make it run again. Is there some way to use the patch without making it broken?

PS: I have the same edition as posted in this thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5653 it appears that king's bounty alos have the asian version.

Last edited by Va'an_Majere; 01-28-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:53 PM

Exclamation Patch 1.7 made my game unusable too

I had the exact same results after installing the patch.I have been playing King's Bounty for awhile,but now that I've downloaded the patch,my computer says that I have the "wrong disk"inserted.++
I have not been able to uninstall the game either,so my only option is to buy the game again if I want to continue playing.I feel really ripped of by this mess.Maybe someone can help me out??
Old 01-31-2009, 04:44 PM

How Pow

Is your version of game is the same as mine? check my link for reference. If you want to play it again, you must reinstall the game. If you're running vista, MAKE SURE you always run as administrator. There has been cases when the game would not run at all or running without sound, or jamming bcause you didnt run as admin. try running the patch with admin too, and see if it works.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:11 PM

As far as I can see, version published by 1C does not have patch released yet.

1.7 is for Nobilis version, and 1.65 is for Atari version.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:29 PM

one way to get past it is to find a crack for the game, Ive never been able to play a patched version of it since I always got that message also and it seemed to be the only tech question that the mods refused to comment on
Old 02-17-2009, 03:57 PM

Hello I had the exact same problem and I was too lazy to reinstall the game so I just browsed the DVD and there is a kb.exe on the DVD in the \bin\ folder. I just copied that into my game folder replacing the existing exe and the game runs fine after that. Good luck. The game is a lot of fun. If only I can figure out how to keep it from crashing occasionally when I save the game.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:38 AM

http://megagames.com/cgi/download/do...ALITY.NOCD.ZIP

No CD patch for the most recent version. It should fix your problem. Make sure to keep the original .exe backed up before you use this patch.

It's sad since I have the same damned problem myself. Securom has a long history of problems. No developer should EVER use them. I don't know why they keep on having business.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:34 AM

Thanks for the tip! That really helped AND it makes life so much easier.

(btw, I got nocd from GCW, so I can't vouch for the actual one linked above)
Old 03-04-2009, 07:31 PM

I have the same problem, but i could fix without problem. if u install version 1.7 and not work, jjust dl the verison 1.65 and install it on the version 1.7 and it work