1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 01-21-2009, 10:50 PM

even with 3dAnalyzer it does the same thing for me
Old 01-21-2009, 10:58 PM

Hey Guys,

So the resolution fix only helped for the vanilla version in the end. I got fed up with crashes during battles and after installing the 1.65 patch the problem started occurring again.

Got it working again by playing it in windowed mode (change setf ~windowed to 1). If 3danalyzer doesn't work I'd suggest trying that.

Hopefully there'll be a patch that addresses this because it's a little annoying doing that, but on the other hand at least I've been able to play the game and I hope you guys will be able to, as well.

Still hasn't solved the crashes during battles, though...
Old 01-23-2009, 08:23 AM

It's a shame such a good game have so many stability problems...
Old 03-20-2009, 09:07 AM

Default If your game won't start, this might help

I wrote on a solution that worked for me: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...2&postcount=23

It hasn't crashed on me ever. Touch wood!
Old 03-26-2009, 10:57 PM

Thank your fortress13. I had a very similar problem and your solution worked beautifully. The game.ini did indeed have a different resolution than the laptop that i copied the saved files from. The laptop was a vista 64 bit machine (yes, KB does work on that OS). I loaded the Atari version (no response from them after 6 weeks!), on the desktop, upgraded to 1.65 (would not launch on either the original version or the 1.65). However, I had copied over the saved files and those first two lines of the game.ini apparently did the dirty deed, 1200 x 1080, changed them to 1024 x 768 and all is right with the world. Thank again.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:55 PM

Default Nvidia 8000 series cards are the problem

If you look at the pattern of non-performance (including mine); it appears Nvidia 8000 series are the problem.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennma View Post
If you look at the pattern of non-performance (including mine); it appears Nvidia 8000 series are the problem.
Not be honest...I don't think it's a Nvidia 8800 series problem. I had a Gigbyte 8800GT VC & no issues to report (Retail Copy USA) I sold that & bought a HIS 4870 1GB VC & again, no issues.

Running Vista 64-Bit & only once did I have a dropout. I've been playing KB for 4-5 months now.