1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 01-18-2010, 04:49 AM

Default Game will not boot.

I purchased this game through steam. When I start the game, nothing happens. I'm running windows xp professional, 32-bit. I receive no error message. I have tried reinstalling, and running as administrator. I have tried using a different monitor. I have tried changing the values for the resolution in the game.ini file. I ensured my graphics drivers were up to date. I would like a solution.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxa View Post
I purchased this game through steam. When I start the game, nothing happens. I'm running windows xp professional, 32-bit. I receive no error message. I have tried reinstalling, and running as administrator. I have tried using a different monitor. I have tried changing the values for the resolution in the game.ini file. I ensured my graphics drivers were up to date. I would like a solution.
I am having the same issue on a steam download on Vista (32-bit). The game simply does not start. No loading screen, no error, nothing. The process kb.exe continues to run, but never gets above 16mb of memory allocation (i'm sure it should be much higher!). I also have tried changing monitors, reinstalling, reverting and updating my graphics drivers, changed resolutions... Also, I e-mailed your support team two weeks ago, and have yet to hear any response, not even an acknowledgment that my e-mail was received!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxa View Post
Same problem for me.Tried same solutions(the one google told me about). game will briefly appear on task manager, monitor goes black for less than a sec and then it all closes again. need an answer plz.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:37 AM

Wow, posted in January and still nothing. I tried going through the "Technical problems and solutions!!!" thread but it's just too messy, can't read. Someone needs to post a thread with all problems and their solutions on the first post and keep it updated.

My problem is the same as these guys, game won't boot. No error messages, just doesn't get passed the loading splash screen. Bought it through Impulse, running on WinXP Pro with latest updates and drivers.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Try to change the game.ini file.
You need to set your default monitor resolution manually.
Just update the following lines:
setf ~screenresoultionx 1280
setf ~screenresoultiony 1024
Old 04-27-2010, 01:57 PM

That didn't do anything.

I recently re-installed Windows and forgot to update the chipset (still haven't), could that be messing up the game? Any other info needed?
Old 04-28-2010, 05:15 AM
Administrator

Sure it can. Try to install all latest drivers and DirectX.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
Sure it can. Try to install all latest drivers and DirectX.
Everything minus the chipset software was installed. I'm guessing this bug is pretty rare or it wouldn't exist this late after release. Ironically, one of the reasons I like buying older games is because the bugs have been dealt with... =( lol. Is there any info I can provide you with that'll help you isolate the cause of the bug?

EDIT: ALL DRIVERS UP-TO-DATE AS OF NOW... and still nothing.

Last edited by Rikku; 04-29-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:26 PM

hey dude i registered specifically to help you out

i had this problem too and it turned out to be that i was using dual monitors. please tell me your using 2 monitors?!

the solution is simple, disable the monitor thats not your main desktop and start the game, it should start up normal

you only have to do this once. you can enable your monitor again at any time and then when you try and start the game up again, there should be no problem (even with your second monitor enabled)
Old 05-08-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbobc View Post
please tell me your using 2 monitors?!
lol, no unfortunately. So is it a monitor problem? The other solutions are to change resolution, and yours is to disable a second monitor. Hmm, I'm gonna try using a different monitor just to see what happens.