1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

Default New IL2 Sturmovik Title!!!

http://il2sturmovik.net/
Old 12-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Approved Member

Great! Thus it is time to mod ClOD or pray Daidalos to work with it

IL-2 Sturmovik - Campaign resource
Old 12-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Approved Member

"russian" classics - Николай Некрасов - ЗАБЫТАЯ ДЕРЕВНЯ (can't remember classics of any other countrys)...

it's like my first impression...
Old 12-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea78 View Post
Great! Thus it is time to mod ClOD or pray Daidalos to work with it
Sounds to me like there is just too much wrong with Cliffs of Dover and they have decided to let it die and move on to a new but well established platform. Good on them. I can't see TD ever moving to work with Cliffs. Too many problems.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam! Please don't be on Steam!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Approved Member

If you don't like Steam you should see Origin. Steam is amazing in comparison
Old 12-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Don't think they're that keen on steam, at least that's the impression I got from reading over there. Real shame is that Clod was just about to come good before 1c pulled the plug. If a version of clod ever becomes available sans steam I'd buy it. It's replacement doesn't look to good, DX9 based on the ROF engine about a vicious ground battle where aircraft played a support role, which won't have any ground vehicles? The rush to get something out in 2014 smacks of lets cash in on IL2's name. I hope I'm wrong and wish them all the best but reading what's been posted so far over there it's a distinct step backwards from Clod in terms of flight model and graphics, we'll see.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Approved Member

This doesn't look good?

http://riseofflight.com/en/about/screenshots

I see vehicles there too.

It does seem that the engine is DX9 limited right now so that could be an issue moving forward. Two years of development to bring it along a bit further could solve all of that... provided that the core of the engine is sound. I'll stay hopeful for now.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Approved Member

Well, Clod for all it's faults was an attempt to create a futuristic game engine, Rof is nice, works etc, but do you think it'll get anywhere near Clod's high standards? Will we get wind, changing weather? Will it be a more realistic simulator than Clod? Or will it be a Rof with WW2 aircraft? They're not saying, but given the timescale involved until release what's your best guess? If your happy with that, fine. I remain deeply sceptical. Also about the proposed selling model to be employed, Galland's ashtray only $9 buy it now!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Approved Member

Yeah I'm not a fan of the free to play but you need to buy all of the rest of the stuff. I can't see how that works for RoF nevermind this. How do you put together a scenario if your players don't own any of the aircraft selected?

Launch date is 2014? Two years to put this together plus all of the content they have already built which probably won't require significant changes to connect to the RoF hooks. Not sure but I'd wager it won't take a total redo of any already build models or cockpits.

If they have the staff and the resources then two years is pretty good and what is usually allocated for most AAA titles. Some get longer but usually they are starting from scratch and with this there is already the basic engine. I DO hope the engine evolves... DX9 is fine, how about DX10, 11? Dynamic weather can be plugged in if the engine core is good.

I think Cliffs went wrong in three ways:

1) They tried to do too much.
2) They tried to do it with far too few people.
3) It was pushed out of the door far too early.

So more realistic goals with absolutely iron clad levels of content is what I'd like to see. IMHO. The whole Stalingrad scenario should be played out. I.e. every major fighter, bomber, tank, artillery piece, and bale of hay should be represented. No glaring holes of major types anywhere and it should all be player flyable. I don't mind if a few minor types aren't flyable but everything important... yes.

Also I'd like to see the actual game portion of it filled out. Dynamic or scripted campaign I don't mind too much either way but it should be fun, interesting, authentic, and it should be easily added to. IL-2 got that last part right which is why it's still so popular. The full mission builder we have for IL-2 is great... not perfect... but it's the tool with which we create unlimited playability.

So I'll stop waxing poetic and I hope they do it right.