1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 11-11-2008, 08:27 AM

Hi gamerboots.

What other 2 posts do you mean ?
On this thread??

Thank-you.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:05 AM

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5308
and
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5296
I dont have a problem with the game installing , but it wont accept the activation keys -
I will try and use the compatibility mode for win98/xp and see if this changes things a little. I have noted that the manual unlock key changes with every click of a button - obviously , the problem with the digital distributions isn't installing , but playing the game as it wont get past the securom screen - It installs perfectly, but both d2d and gg will not accept the serials - Again , I will try and baby this software a little and see if it will install on the win98/ comapitibility and actually get past the activation screen. If it does work and then I'll retract my earlier statements and gladly send emails to their support teams with the solution - otherwise , I'lll be expecting either a patch or a refund
Old 11-11-2008, 09:15 AM

here is what d2d guys get when they enter the code provided to them by d2d
looks like they will either have to take some risks and remove the offending securom crap, pre-activate the software, patch it , or give me and my buddies a nice refund.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1c1.JPG (43.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by gamerboots; 11-11-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: added info
Old 11-11-2008, 09:23 AM

here is what gg buyers get when they enter their code

well I tried babying it , didn't work, whether I right or double click it the software installs fine, but still tells me my cd key has been activated when it hasn't - I 've had a lot of games , and NEVer HAD any problems with games running /activating from GG [ever]. I have contacted support and exepect an email from sometime tommorrow as they are very very fast about support issues. HOPefully they will remove the securom crap and it will work for everyone. if not, I'll request a refund or credit from them because I buy a lot from them anyway.. and its kinda odd that of all the games I have ever bought that were much much cheaper than this one that this one is only one that wont get past the activation stage
cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1c3.JPG (24.9 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by gamerboots; 11-11-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:22 PM

This is slightly OT as I own the Nobilis EU Collector's Edition version, but I am too lazy to create a new thread so here it goes. Has anyone here had any problems installing the EU version of KB:TL? Whenever I try to run the setup.exe and choose English, Francais or Espanol as a language, the setup.exe stops responding. The strange thing, however, is that if I choose Deutsche, the setup runs just fine (besides the fact that everything is in German).

Is this a copy protection issue? If I try to choose any language but German, the setup.exe does play the sound that plays when the EULA page should appear. After that sound, nothing else happens and after a few seconds taskmgr.exe shows that King's Bounty Setup is not responding.

I have Daemon Tools Lite, YASU and Alcohol 52% installed so maybe one of them are having disputes with the Securom protection, but you'd think it wouldn't let me install KB in German either if it was a Securom issue. Securom does, however, dislike the Daemon Tools as it won't let me start the game unless I run YASU even if I have the original disc in drive.

Since I can install and play the game (at least it starts, haven't yet tried playing it), I have not tried uninstalling Daemon Tools and Alcohol yet. So is this a known issue? Did the programming team forget to put a piece of code in the installer that would display an error message if emulation software is detected, or is this something else? The MD5 hash of my setup.exe is F82D9B84220FE6F9F85825B91AEAC2F3 (Nobilis 1.6.4).

EDIT: Ok, so apparently the German installer installs German sound files instead of English. Do I have to manually extract the English sound files from the .bin files in order to hear English sounds, or can the English sounds be enabled by modifying a configuration file? I know that the English text can be enabled in apps.ini. I guess I'm going to try uninstalling Daemon Tools and Alcohol afterall.

EDIT 2: Maybe I should have tried to actually play the game before asking for help, as it turned out that Daemon Tools was the reason the setup.exe wouldn't work correctly. I am now installing the game in English so it's looking good so far. Well, at least someone else may find this post helpful if he is having similar problems. And for the developers: Please, next time when you implement something, try to test it so that it actually works. Bugs in the game can be easily fixed by releasing patches (and I am glad to see you have released patches, thank you for that) but if there was a serious bug in the installer, the sales might take a critical hit.

Last edited by SBD; 01-08-2009 at 04:50 PM.