1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 10-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

Default Startup crash after installing patch -- Emulator Detected error

Anyone else experience this or know a workaround?

I installed the 1.6.5 patch and now my game will not start. It always crashes within a few seconds popping up a window that gives the error:

Emulator Detected!

It tells me to disable the emulator software and restart the game. I'm not aware of any emulation software operating on my pc.

My graphics card(9800 Pro) doesn't quite meet the system requirements but I've been able to play it perfectly fine without the patch. Maybe this is why it crashes for me.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:37 AM

Angry Problem with Patch 1.6.5 also!

I just installed the patch too and tried to start the game. My game crashes before it even gets to the title screen. As soon as I see the the CD icon by my mouse pointer, my computer instantly freezes and I have to reboot my computer. I tried re-downloading the patch and running the patch again, but no luck. Frustrating ........... I was hoping that the patch would fix the constant freezing of the game when I WAS able to play the game before I patched it. I never had such of a difficulty getting a game to run on my computer as this game without having problems!! I have attached my system information.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Copy of DxDiag.txt (18.7 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by pc_gamer; 10-19-2008 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Message was too long with pasting 'dxdiag' info
Old 10-19-2008, 02:42 AM

Angry Re-installed game from DVD ---> Patch has screwed up the un-patched version of game

The patch has done something to my computer to where when I tried to re-install the game from the DVD, the game will not even launch after the re-install. This is without the game patch being applied !?!?

I can't play the game period now!!!

It may be a good game, but now it is no longer enjoyable because of all the technical difficulties I am having with it. I am frustrated and angry !!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 02:54 AM

too bad it's not on steam!
Old 10-19-2008, 03:09 AM

yeah, but i do like having a printed game manual (for what is is worth) for these types of games (e.g., Civilization, Colonization, HOMM games, etc.)

That is why I bought it at a store; though I hate some of the game protection software
Old 10-20-2008, 09:12 PM

Same issue here. Game ran great before the patch. After patching it, it won't run at all. It says "Emulator detected!
Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software."
Old 10-20-2008, 10:54 PM

Thumbs down I bet its because of the copy protection.

Crashing after the upgrade which is supposed to fix crashes suggests to me that the type of copy protection the DVD has is confusing the upgrade with an illegal copy.

Mine crashed with the upgrade too but fortunately I was able to re-install from the DVD and am able to carry on the game.

If 1C gets more complaints I think they should pull the patch and try again.

Jinix the Elder

If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.
Clint Eastwood
Old 10-20-2008, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinix the Elder View Post
Crashing after the upgrade which is supposed to fix crashes suggests to me that the type of copy protection the DVD has is confusing the upgrade with an illegal copy.

Mine crashed with the upgrade too but fortunately I was able to re-install from the DVD and am able to carry on the game.

If 1C gets more complaints I think they should pull the patch and try again.

Jinix the Elder

If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.
Clint Eastwood
My problem is exactly the same as the above. I uninstalled and then reinstalled. The patch however will not work so I am playing the game from the original CD version.

With the patch I get the same emulator detected error you all do.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:01 AM

I do not get the 'emulator detected error' like some of you. As soon as the game tries to verify that my game DVD is a legal copy, the game crashes and I have to reboot. I agree with Jinix. The type of copy protection that the DVD has is confusing the upgrade with an illegal copy.

However, I did go back an uninstall the game one more time. Then I ran a few utility programs to make sure that all traces of the game from previous installs have been removed. I re-installed the game, and then copied the entire game directory to another part of my hard drive for just in case the applied patch failed again. Then I applied the patch to the new install. I ran the game. It stalled for a little bit as the patched game checked for a legal copy of the game (at least that is what it seemed to be doing). Then, to my surprise, the title screen came up and I could play the 1.6.5 patched version of the game. If it wasn't for the damn 'freezing problem' when I play the game, I would be good to go. AAARRRGGGGG .......................
Old 10-23-2008, 04:02 PM

can we get someone in charge to tell us whats going on? Ive been getting the emulation error since I patched the retail version and its getting old fast