1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 11-09-2008, 05:28 AM

Hey, that's good to know! I didn't want to uninstall and re-install my game with my internet turned off, but I would have if we hadn't come to a resolution. Awesome!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:57 PM

Yes, it is awesome indeed! It means the game will not expire on us in the future.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:25 PM

@judgeman : did your copy from d2d activate and work ok ?

hi ronan , I have dealt with several sites that do digital downloads, here is the overview :
gamers gate :
at present the version @ gamers gate doesn't work - the securom preents the program from launching - dont get it there until they release a patch - (as of today I just ask for a refund because it constantly says that I have activated it on multilple computers when I haven't and wont activate - the manual unlock feature is also useless as it gives a different unlock request code with every press of a button on the app - USUALLY if it doesn't work from gg then it wont work at other places.

d2d : downloads usually work and activate here, however, they have bad support in that they have a very slow response about getting patches out to their products. -----addeded info--->>>at present its version is in the same boat as GG's, it wont get past the activation screen as well and also gives a different unlock code with each launch and then requests that the cd be inserted (screenshots available upon request)----<<

gamesstop : they use trymedia , havne't had any problems with their digital downloads yet except that sometimes antispyware programs will say its download files are trojans when they are not. they also offer standard cds but you have to wait until it gets there if you order the actual cd

steam : located at www.steampowered.com its not avialable here. their system is mainly centered around multi-player games and such and has multiple services for online gamers as well as some nice games.Games bought on steam update automatically through its steam console when you launch it.

Last edited by gamerboots; 11-12-2008 at 05:42 PM. Reason: added info
Old 11-11-2008, 05:16 AM

Sounds like you may be better off just going to the store and buying the game, if that's available to you.