1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 05-16-2009, 01:37 AM

Seems like a few people are having this problem, any official word?
Old 05-16-2009, 02:17 AM

My latest attempted settings change was to disable Threaded Optimization on my nVidia driver for KB. No crashes yet, but I did have one graphical glitch (flickery icons floating above things) and immediately restarted the game. Can't ever prove a negative, but it's worth a try. I'll of course report back if I do crash later, but I have some other things to do right now.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:05 AM

Damn. Nope, that still doesn't do it. Longest session yet with no crashes, but in the end, still the same thing.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:44 AM

Default Fix! (maybe)

I just finished a 2 hour session with no crash and am pleased about that.

I made two changes at the same time so I don't know which one helped more, but I'm not about to undo either of them until/unless the game starts crashing again. Your mileage may vary. (Note that I'm using Win XP.)
  1. Right click on the shortcut for King's Bounty. Select "Properties." On the "compatibility" tab, check the box for "Turn off advanced text services for this program." Click OK.
  2. Find the GAME.CFG file in the ..\Steam\SteamApps\common\King's Bounty - The Legend\data folder. Open the file with a text editor (Notepad) and change the "setf ~windowed 0" line to read "setf ~windowed 1" instead (change the 0 to a 1).
/cross fingers

Last edited by Houdani; 05-18-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:09 AM

Ooo. You can play in windowed mode? That's good to know in any case.

Has anybody been crashing since the Steam Client patch the other day? (2009-05-19) I haven't crashed since then, despite playing for quite a few hours.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:00 PM

Mine still crashes. And unlike you guys, i cant seem to get mine to last longer than 5 mins before i have to restart the machine. If i could get the game to last for 2 hours i would just save often and deal with it, but thats not an option for me.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:12 AM

I have the same problem myself and it's not cool. This is the only game on my PC that actually forces me to do do a hard boot...not cool at all. From everything I've gleaned the people with these problems are primarily Vista 64 bit users - which I'm using as well.

1C needs to get it's shit together because they have such a wondeful little game here, but between these sorts of issues and f'd up patches on Steam I won't buy anymore of their products, and warn people off them as well. We all know it's hard for the small developer, but if they can't have a dedicated QA department, than get people to beta the games and patches FFS!

Oh yeah, I've found turning of AA helps, not a solution, but it crashes and glitches a lot less.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:06 PM

Hell if they need a QA team theres plenty of people on steam with tons of free time (myself included) who would be willing to test their stuff for free.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
I have the same problem myself and it's not cool. This is the only game on my PC that actually forces me to do do a hard boot...not cool at all. From everything I've gleaned the people with these problems are primarily Vista 64 bit users - which I'm using as well.
I'd like to point out that I'm a Vista64 user and have had absolutely no problems with stability. I'm using an ATI 4870, whereas I notice most people with problems have an nVidia card. Sounds like a graphics driver issue.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:00 AM

any info on the progress of a fix for the complete computer lockup for steam 1.7 users. once again it looks like a texture malfunction (random split triangles of varying colors) and it occurs at a random time after we've been playing. Its made the game unplayable for almost a month now, even if it is only a handful of us. ANY eta would be appreciated